• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Other than understanding the references there is literally no benefit to watching them in a specific order. Despite liking it more than Steins;Gate it is the wide opinion that Chaos;Head is awful and you should read the VN if anything.

Personally didn't hate C;H, didn't really like S;G but did enjoy R;N.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Other than understanding the references there is literally no benefit to watching them in a specific order. Despite liking it more than Steins;Gate it is the wide opinion that Chaos;Head is awful and you should read the VN if anything.

Personally didn't hate C;H, didn't really like S;G but did enjoy R;N.

Ahh sweet! Thanks for that! Don't really read VNs, but I am probably going to start with C;H anyway since I've been planning S;G and R;N I might as well - that and I like to watch things that relate to series I watch too. And if it is the worst, might as well get it done and over.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    it is the wide opinion that Chaos;Head is awful and you should read the VN if anything.

Probably because the anime depiction is rather messy, so the VN is a better choice for Chaos;Head.

Although, I haven't played the C;H VN so I can't voice an opinion, but from what I've watched in C;H, it's really messy imo.

Steins;Gate is rather slow for the first half but gets faster in the second, just saying.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Hadn't watched it for a while but I finally got around to catching up. Honestly, Cross Ange is a beautiful show. Anybody else watching it?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I've heard everyone say it's amaazing so I'm really close to watching it now xD. It'll probably be one of the first anime I'll watch next year. I'm kinda conflicted though as a lot of my friends are telling me that it has a good english dub and that I should watch it in english. A few others say they prefer the japanese dub (but then they had to wait a while for the english movie to come out), so haven't picked what to watch... maybe I'll end up watching both?
    This
    is
    justice

So... watch JP dub :P

And I agree that Chaos Head is better as a VN... it's pretty much the worst adaptation from those three (even episode count speaks for it as it's only 1 cour while S;G and R;N are 2 cour anime).
    But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Hadn't watched it for a while but I finally got around to catching up. Honestly, Cross Ange is a beautiful show. Anybody else watching it?

You probably never expected this since I normally won't consider watching Mecha but... me.

Honestly, I picked up the show not really knowing what's going to happen. It ended up being amongst the top priority of my weekly download sessions whenever I get back home. It's that beautiful.

And I realized most of my picks are rated 17+. Good thing I'm 18 now.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    wait what

Cross Ange, last I heard, was the super-gory show with 2tasteful4me moments (butt-rape attempt, lesbo rape attempt etc).

It being called beautiful, by Laptrap and you no less, is something I'd never see happening. But it just did. whoa. I need to download it now. :@

If you people are serious, that is.

BTW Amaburi's second last episode was amazing. I loved it. Except one part, but yeah.

Edit:
    Oh my god I can't believe I never created a thread for Amagi Brilliant Park.
    One of the most fun series in the fall season. :(

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    There was a thread for Amburi. Also yup, I agree, it was a pretty okay show.

Of course they had to cavity search her, she had just entered a prison after all. It's fine though because Norma are subhuman, violent, trash that get excited when they kill stuff. This is her after she murdered a poor dragon.
    Spoiler:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Mmm dat gif.

Going back to what Candela said at the beginning of the page, should we create a recommendation sticky, basically a beginning point for 'dirty casuals' to begin???

Skip Class

Years
    I still haven't watched Amagi Brilliant Park yet and I've been meaning to ;-; It looks really good and it's from KyoAni too!
    Ugh so behind on the Fall season it makes me sad.

derozio

Years
    Because I did that before the cour started :P
    So, OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU NOT LOOK?!
    Oh, so that's why I remember there being a thread for it. Although I couldn't find it even though I searched for the "fall" tag. It didn't have one so it didn't show up, haha.

I still haven't watched Amagi Brilliant Park yet and I've been meaning to ;-; It looks really good and it's from KyoAni too!
    Ugh so behind on the Fall season it makes me sad.
    Its alright. With my recent addiction to Persona games (3 is taking up every second of my life omfg), I haven't been able to be up-to-date with most either haha. We'll catch up sometime. (b")b

Speaking of persona, I was surprised to find a movie about it being online! And one that's based on the game I'm playing right now, too. Knew Persona 4 had an anime but 3 getting multiple movies? Wow, that's amazing. Downloading the movie asap. <3

derozio

Years
    The game has sucked 3 whole days out of my life. I'm really close to completing it. <3;

And I downloaded the movie and watched it. Playing the game kinda ruined it for me - i already knew everything. :( But still, I guess it was worth a watch at least. The anime for Persona 4 is one I'll never watch, though. I heard it is a terrible adaptation and I already have the game so I'd rather play that. Movies, on the other hand, I look forward to. P3 first movie was good.

Either way, started watching Bakuman again. Good stuff. I think I'll finish S3 before starting any new series now or even catching up to the on-going ones. (b")b

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    The game has sucked 3 whole days out of my life. I'm really close to completing it. <3;

And I downloaded the movie and watched it. Playing the game kinda ruined it for me - i already knew everything. :( But still, I guess it was worth a watch at least. The anime for Persona 4 is one I'll never watch, though. I heard it is a terrible adaptation and I already have the game so I'd rather play that. Movies, on the other hand, I look forward to. P3 first movie was good.

Either way, started watching Bakuman again. Good stuff. I think I'll finish S3 before starting any new series now or even catching up to the on-going ones. (b")b
    The movie is to enjoy Minato being godly as heck =D

Why don't you watch P4 anime? It wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it very much.
    It's always good to see your favorite scenes animated as well =)

And Yu is fabulous in anime =D

Skip Class

Years

Me too! I just finished a reread of the manga and I never finished watching S3 while it was airing. That and I wanted to watch it before the live comes out next year.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    About Amaburi. Best comic relief thanks for the Fall season.

And yeah, somehow I ended up reading Onani Master. And I'm strangely hooked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back