• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NPC General Discussion + Cameos

Azzurra

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Or maybe even a past Gym Leader from another returning to their "home region" revealing a cool little back story of sorts.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • It's been said before, but the foreign Rocket member you fight in Kanto in GSCHGSS would seem a logical choice. On a more humorous choice, we can see [S-HIGHLIGHT]Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something[/S-HIGHLIGHT]. XD

Simply hilarious. Along with showing how they've repented from their actions in RSE, it would show 2 head honchos arguing over something as simple as a chess game, when before they were arguing about land/sea dominance. I really wish I could see this scenario in Black and White... :D

One of the Hoenn gym leaders or frontier brains is what I would want to see in B&W. If I had to pick one I would pick [S-HIGHLIGHT]Flannery[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

My thoughts exactly; she's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader! I'd like Sabrina of Kanto to make a cameo as well... Maybe Elite Four Sidney or Dome Ace Tucker (that moonwalking jerk) as well?

Having Professor Oak do a cameo would be kind of funny; since he's been in every Gen to date.

I'd really like it if the Trick Master from Hoenn did a cameo, since he said he was away on a trip to invent new tricks to stump the player, IIRC. New minigames like the ones featured in RSE's Trick House would be a nice little touch...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    On a more humorous choice, we can see Archie and Maxie playing chess and arguing with eachother in a city park or something. XD

Like most others in the topic I laughed at this line! On a more thought provoking note I think it's something the games have lacked in the past; a humour factor. Though there have been a few nothing really witty ever comes up such as the idea you made. But in all honesty, that is something that wouldn't go out of place, I can imangine it!

Prof Oak will probably be there again, as the top prof or something. that little punk...

I imagine the same, Prof. Oak trying to get his piece of the action with all the new pokemon around. I'm sure he'll at least be rating your pokedex over the computer. He'll get a mention at least, the man always manages to get his name in edgeways.

My thoughts exactly; she's my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader! I'd like Sabrina of Kanto to make a cameo as well... Maybe Elite Four Sidney or Dome Ace Tucker (that moonwalking jerk) as well?

Having Professor Oak do a cameo would be kind of funny; since he's been in every Gen to date.

I'd really like it if the Trick Master from Hoenn did a cameo, since he said he was away on a trip to invent new tricks to stump the player, IIRC. New minigames like the ones featured in RSE's Trick House would be a nice little touch...

I think a lot of people are hoping for some characters from the Hoenn region to make an appearance, myself included. We did see Steven in HGSS but I think we could do with seeing a few more in B&W. I imagine it will spark off a Generation 3 remake speculation trend however. I can certainly see some of the Hoenn NPC's popping up here and there. But then again, I have a sneaking suspicion no one will, but that's just me looking upon the darker grass.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Previous Character Cameos

What are some characters from the previous regions would you like to see in black and white. Do you think Proffesor oak will be in this game? I personaly would like to see Gary Oak giving us our pokedex. What are your ideas

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • What does the title have to do with this actual thread?
    XD

Anyway, I'm sure Professor Oak will be in this game, to keep up the trend of the last 2 ones.

It would be interesting to have many small cameos in it, like maybe you could see Silver peeking in a building like he's going to steal something. :P

And of course it's always interesting to run into some of the Gym Leaders from other games.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Lol sorry, every time i saw a person from another region in the games i always said , thats an unusual sight.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • It wouldh've made more sense to name it "cameos" or something. lol. But its all good.

I hope some of the Hoenn gym leaders/elite 4 like Wallace, Wattson, or Brawly make an appearance.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No. No more professor Oak. He's such an attention whoar. He didn't like being the only professor in Kanto, so he introduces you to Pokemon in Johto instead of Elm. Not feeling like he got enough attention, he goes to Sinnoh. Why doesn't that old fart croak yet?

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope a PC from any other game is encountered...Walking into a PokeMart and seeing Gold Ethan there saying he is from Johto or Red encounter walking out of the E4 area....

SIN1488

Years
  • Professor Oak. Professor Oak. Professor Oak. =/

He jumped out at me in my bathroom mirror.

Yeah, and he always yells at me from seemingly nowhere when I try to use an item in the wrong area. >_<

He also said he came as soon as he heard I beat the elite four, which is kind of creepy.... :O

I still think it would be cool to have some kind of advanced elite four, consisting of the four elite four champions from the first 4 Gens. And the champion there could either be a completely new character that's ridiculously hard to beat, or just the champion in B/W. But I would want it to be in a place that's you can't get to until you complete a bunch of stuff in the game. If nothing else, maybe it would make a good hack....

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
  • I hope a PC from any other game is encountered...Walking into a PokeMart and seeing Gold Ethan there saying he is from Johto or Red encounter walking out of the E4 area....

Well Gold wouldn't say anything because he is silent protagonist. Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I'd like some cameos, but I think, if there was Oak, we should only see him lose a pokemon battle/get thrown out of somewhere

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Professer Birch
    To link to a RSE remake
    Like prof oak Hinted the HGSS make

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This could easily be merged into a "what would you like to see" thread but I fixed up the thread title and I'll see where this goes before I do that. :s

SIN1488

Years
  • Much like Red. That's why Red didn't say anything in GSCHGSS

Yeah, I've always wondered if he would say something if you tried to throw a pokeball at one of his pokemon, as it seems all trainers say something when you do. Though he would probably just say: ".......!" XD

It might be interesting to see a lesser person from the story, like maybe Mr. Pokemon, Mr. Fuji, a team Aqua or Magma grunt, etc.

Back