• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Nuzzles and Thundershocks* ~An Electric Type Pokemon Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Who is your favorite Electric type user and why?

It's got to be Volkner. I started Pokemon with Diamond and loved that he was the final gym leader. I also liked watching the gym battle with him versus Ash in the anime, as well as his team was pretty good too in Platinum. It's also nice that he has contact with the elite four and champion through Flint. :)

True Volkner is the only electric type user thats friends with one of the E4 and can contact the champion and any time. I still feel bad for Wattson he just has a city to run but nothing to special about him.

Did we all forget about Lt. Sugre? He atleast had some backstory which relates to a war but for me he wasnt a challenge and you never saw him outside of the gym or anything, i guess hes not that popular.

Anyways new topic for everyone:

What is your favorite secondary typing for a Electric type? What type combination would you like to see in the future?

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
    True Volkner is the only electric type user thats friends with one of the E4 and can contact the champion and any time. I still feel bad for Wattson he just has a city to run but nothing to special about him.

Did we all forget about Lt. Sugre? He atleast had some backstory which relates to a war but for me he wasnt a challenge and you never saw him outside of the gym or anything, i guess hes not that popular.

Anyways new topic for everyone:

What is your favorite secondary typing for a Electric type? What type combination would you like to see in the future?

My favorite secondary typing for an Electric type has to be Stunfisk's dual Electric/Ground typing. The fact that he can take care of other Electric types and is still one his self, as well as being underrated, makes him a favorite on my Electrics type list. :)

A combination I'd like to see in the future is Electric/Poison. I don't think there's one as of now and it would be cool if were a standalone legendary Pokemon too, since we don't have any Poison legendaries (excluding Arceus). ;)

Years
    My favorite secondary typing for an Electric type has to be Stunfisk's dual Electric/Ground typing. The fact that he can take care of other Electric types and is still one his self, as well as being underrated, makes him a favorite on my Electrics type list. :)

I love Stunfisk because it's one of the more unique Electric-types, and don't let its trollish design fool you. Sadly one of its abilities sucks now due to Electric-types now being automatically immune to paralysis which is a shame but it's still a unique type combination that this odd fish holds.

I also want to see a dual Fire/Electric that isn't Heat Rotom. I don't count alternate forms and stuff hahahaha

Dedenne1

Years
    I myself would love to see another fire and electric as well as a electric and ice your right Rotom doesnt cut it for me either its not exactly appealing on a team haha

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Which Electric-type user is your favorite and why?

Wattson, he was very entertaining indeed but he was also a really good guy too.

Definitely Flying-type. Even though you get a weakness to Ice and Rock, they are still a little less common than Ground-type moves since you see Earthquake everywhere. As for a type combination, I'd have to say Dark-type. Luxray Electric/Dark would be a very cool combination and I think a move that is both Dark and Electric-type like Flying Press would be pretty awesome.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Ghost/electric is a cool combination, because it forms a spirit that can take control over electronic devices, an awesome concept. Looking at weaknesses and resistances, the best type to combine with electric would logically be flying, because it gives full immunity against electric's only weakness. Electric covers the electric weakness of flying as well.
    A combination I'd love to see is electric/psychic. The Pokémon could be based on radiowaves or something like that.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

Well, it has to be water-type! Just makes you resistant to electric and for me it's always cool to have an water and electric type Pokémon! Leaves more rooms for more different Pokémon in my party!

I would like to see more Electric/Fire Pokémon and Electric/Psychic!

Years
    Water, probably. Lanturn was a great idea, but it's just them and Rotom. I want to see a Grass/Electric. I mean, sure, there was a Rotom for that, but I think we need more of it.

Reactions: Sun

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
    Username: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
    Nickname: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
    Reason you love Electric-types: The pain of 20 000 V by Electivire
    3 partner Pokemon: Electivire, Zekrom and Luxray
    Answer any current topic:
    The fighting type wil be awesome for pokemon like Electivire (like his focus punch) with 2 legs and arms (like Raichu too)

Dedenne1

Years
    Water, probably. Lanturn was a great idea, but it's just them and Rotom. I want to see a Grass/Electric. I mean, sure, there was a Rotom for that, but I think we need more of it.
    Rotom doesnt count in my eyes haha but ya water and electric was always a great combo being weak only to grass and ground.

Username: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
    Nickname: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
    Reason you love Electric-types: The pain of 20 000 V by Electivire
    3 partner Pokemon: Electivire, Zekrom and Luxray
    Answer any current topic:
    The fighting type wil be awesome for pokemon like Electivire (like his focus punch) with 2 legs and arms (like Raichu too)

Welcome Raydeon! (thanks for posting your new username in advance)
    Ill add you to the memberlist now feel free to answer the current topic

Oh ya and i have to update it new topic lets go:

What Electric type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution, another evolution or a pre-evolution?
    Also i fixed the error in the css that made it look like a glitchy tv screen so sorry about that haha oh and memberlist up to date now.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

Years
    What Electric type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution, another evolution or a pre-evolution?

I believe Dedenne should have something it evolves into come generation seven, seeing as it's not that strong right now and could benefit from it....

Get it?? Dedenne?? And you're Dedenne1... XD

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

Oh god! I don't know :/ I really want an evolution for emolga, plusle and minum but I'm so afraid that those evolutions take away their cuteness from them :c
    Oh, one thing came to my head! I think the Helioptile line should have another evolution! Heliolisk looks like a second evolutionary stage and in my opinion it needs something more you know?

Years
    Emolga, probably. That cute, annoying thing? Well, let's take annoying to a whole new level with improved stats and a design that's more on awesome than cute! Users will love it, enemies will hate it.

Skyxyd

The one
    Years
    What Electric type Pokemon do you think should have an evolution, another evolution or a pre-evolution?Jolteon or Mega Jolteon, each eevee must have different type and mega form

Years

I'm with Wicked in that Flying pairs well with Electric, and while it gains common Rock and Ice weaknesses, it does at least make you fully immune to Ground which runs rampant around the competitive field. I also agree with Kingdenas about Water, because it allows for some useful coverage and I guess it probably explains why I love Chinchou and Lanturn so much hahahaha

Dedenne1

Years
    Thanks for all the thoughts in all honesty i think Emolga could really use an evoultion the flying and electric combo is just too good especially with motor drive. Besides that id say Zebstrika maybe? Only cause it could use another boost whether it be a mega or another evolution.

Anyways new topic:
    Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Electric types so far?

Years
    Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Electric types so far?

5th Gen, and no don't blame personal bias but I do think the Electric-types were very uniquely designed and they had some unique traits as well, like Joltik line's Bug-type neutralizing the Ground weakness or the Tynamo line's Levitate ability. Oh and there's my fave of the Pikaclones in Emolga as well, in that we all know by now that Flying pairs well with Electric. And as we know, Elesa's Emolga is always annoying but it makes us have to show that we can't always rely on the common weakness and we had to pick up a TM just to get past the flying rodent. So many awesome Electric-types we had introduced to us here.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

Well I love the Electric Pokémon introduced in Generation 4(mostly because of the designs, I don't care to much about stats):

The Shinx Line - I've already said, Shinx was my first Electric-type Pokémon, and I loved so much my Luxray in Platinum, so it has a special place in my heart! I know that it is a Physical Attacker and the most of the Electric-type moves are Special Attacks, but I love to have most of the Fang moves in it >.< And I just love Luxray ^^

Magnezone - I really like this Pokémon! It has an awesome design, better than Magnemite and Magneton ones, in my opinion, and it has awesome Special Attack and Defense Stats, although its Speed stats aren't good :/ I like the moves that it can learn too ^^

Electivire - This Pokémon is super cool! I love its design ... It looks so fluffy >.< It's so awesome! It has good Attack stats and it can learn many punching moves! I love it ^^ And I think this Pokémon should be Electric/Fighting!

But I have to say that the Electric-types introduced in Gen 5 are very good too! I'm not going to say why ... Just read what Hikamaru said! I have the same opinion!

I really don't know what Gen to choose :/ Can I choose both of Gen 4 and Gen 5? xD If no, then I choose Gen 4 >.<

Dedenne1

Years
    Also its that time of the year again so anyone getting or has already gotten a username change or would like to change their nickname use the form here:

Code:
    [B]Current Username:
    New Nickname:
    New Username:[/B]

VillageofDragons

Years

5th Gen, and no don't blame personal bias but I do think the Electric-types were very uniquely designed and they had some unique traits as well, like Joltik line's Bug-type neutralizing the Ground weakness or the Tynamo line's Levitate ability. Oh and there's my fave of the Pikaclones in Emolga as well, in that we all know by now that Flying pairs well with Electric. And as we know, Elesa's Emolga is always annoying but it makes us have to show that we can't always rely on the common weakness and we had to pick up a TM just to get past the flying rodent. So many awesome Electric-types we had introduced to us here.

I'd have to agree with all of this. Although I started Pokemon with the 4th generation, I love all of the 5th gen Electric types and believe they released the most diverse electric type combinations of a gen thus far. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back