• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Nuzzles and Thundershocks* ~An Electric Type Pokemon Club~

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • If you could make any changes to Electric-types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

i'd make electric weak to steel since it only has one weakness

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Here's a new topic for us:
    If you were allowed to distribute a non-legendary shiny Pokemon, what special moves would it have?
    - Keep in mind Electric-types only.
    - Be overpower as much as you want, just give a good explanation. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I should join this. ;)

Username: Pikachu
    Nickname: Rika
    Reason you love Electric-types: Mostly because they have cool designs tbh.
    3 partner Pokemon: Pikachu, Raikou, Elekid
    Answer any current topic:

If you could make any changes to Electric-types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

As Sun said, Electric-types already seem to be perfect as they are but I would definitely go with what Lycan said and make Steel-types weak to Electric moves since metal is a conductor of electricity. I know type matchups often have logical sense behind them but it's odd that got overlooked of all things.
    I agree! It is weird that they didn't do it like this, but I guess it's got to do with battling balances yeah.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I agree! It is weird that they didn't do it like this, but I guess it's got to do with battling balances yeah.

Thanks, a lot for joining this lovely club Rika. <3
    It's double nice since you're using a Pikachu avie, it shows how you love Pikachu.

Oiiii, Hanbei we've got a new kid in your club! Prepare a party, don't forget the cakes!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, I guess haha. I like Raichu too c: Not Pichu so much though, or Minun/Plusle. Or the other electric rodents for that matter... But I'm trying to learn to appreciate them more.

Think of a team consisting of Dedenne, Pachirisu and Emolga. I saw some member here having those three listed. That'd be really cute! And you could teach them different moves to be useful in different ways.

Also I'm never really speaking from a game point of view, I'm mostly a RPer or can relate to the anime ahah.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah, I guess haha. I like Raichu too c: Not Pichu so much though, or Minun/Plusle. Or the other electric rodents for that matter... But I'm trying to learn to appreciate them more.

Think of a team consisting of Dedenne, Pachirisu and Emolga. I saw some member here having those three listed. That'd be really cute! And you could teach them different moves to be useful in different ways.

Also I'm never really speaking from a game point of view, I'm mostly a RPer or can relate to the anime ahah.

That's a unique, mostly it's Pichu over Raichu (and sometimes even over Pikachu). Well they are different than Pikachu, in terms of stat and typing, so I believe you'll be able to love them completely someday.

It doesn't matter; the owner is rather jolly and welcoming. Meaning it doesn't matter, RP, TCG, Manga etc, as long as you love Electric-types then he's happy. :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • If you could make any changes to electric types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?
    The electric type is balanced as it is, it has only one weakness, but isn't super effective on many types and doesn't resist a lot either. I don't think it needs change, but if I were to give it a change I'd make it be super effective on steel. Steel normally conducts electricity, so super effectiveness would make sense. Besides, electric resists steel type attacks already.

If you could make any changes to Electric-types as a whole (ie. weaknesses, super effective against...etc. What would you change and why?

As Sun said, Electric-types already seem to be perfect as they are but I would definitely go with what Lycan said and make Steel-types weak to Electric moves since metal is a conductor of electricity. I know type matchups often have logical sense behind them but it's odd that got overlooked of all things.
    I completely agree i really wouldnt change anything because its balanced but if i had to change something itd probably be either that or id make bug weak to electric (if im not factoring in keeping the types balanced) because if you shock a bug with electricity its probably gonna be super effective ;)

Welcome to the club Rika! Glad you joined :D
    Nice choices on partners no surprises there haha although i was surprised with elekid since i havent seen many people love him as much as i do
    Also a team with the electric rodents only would be adorable!

But anyways probably time for a new topic since ive been busy and its been like 2 weeks so:

Do you think there is (currently) enough variety among electric type moves? (do you think thunder and thunderbolt are overused?) If you had to make another electric type move what would it be?

Heres mine cause i always thought there should be more names with lightning in them:
    Name: Lightning Charge
    Power: 85
    Special, Physical or Status: Special
    Description: Basically it would be like Parabolic Charge except more powerful the user would gain half of the HP it took from the opponent.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do you think there is (currently) enough variety among electric type moves? (do you think thunder and thunderbolt are overused?) If you had to make another electric type move what would it be?

Heres mine cause i always thought there should be more names with lightning in them:
    Name: Lightning Charge
    Power: 85
    Special, Physical or Status: Special
    Description: Basically it would be like Parabolic Charge except more powerful the user would gain half of the HP it took from the opponent.
    I believe there is enough Electric moves, we have T-bolt, Thunder, Volt Switch, T-Punch, T-Fang, Wild Charge, Spark and so on.

Instead, I would like to fix current existing moves:

Parabolic Charge should be have a 75 BP and 10 PP, exactly like Giga Drain and Drain Punch.
    '-late' Abilities should be affected by the status move Ion Deluge.
    Spark is like a 100% Accuracy version of T-Fang and without the flinch chance. Therefore, I would like alter it as the Electric-type version of Dragon Pulse -- 85 BP and no secondary effect.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Time for a new topic then? Hmm well..how about this...

Why are electric types so awesome in your opinion? Is it their design? The fact they can wield electricity? Or something else?

Last edited:

Jiro_Lee

Pokémon Cobalt & Crimson
    Years
  • I'm Jiro_Lee here but you can call me Mako! I'm from the philippines... and I'm very interested in making a fangame of pokemon featuring my country because it seems that no western country knows much about our land and since I like Pokemon I decided to make a region on my own ages ago... now i joined PC in hoping that I could assemble a team to make my dreams as well of the dreams of my fellow Pokefans here in the philippines into reality ....... btw I like Luxray because i think its cool!

Here's my DeviantArt acount mAk0-aStral or at Pinterest as Mark Jiro I hope to have many friends from around the world who share the love for Pokemon as I do...

Anyways... I dont know much about programming or blogging but I'm willing to learn!

My favorite electric type user is Clemont! Pokemon= Luxray, Typecombination=Electric/Rock could be like a pokemon inspired from Chargestone Cave in Unova! :)
    as For the moves:
    Ampere Field(Special)= Paralyzes all non-electric pokemon on the field f0r 5 turns(ground types not excluded) raises power Electric Moves by 5% (secondary effect: Nullifies Gravity if used first... All Electric type moves that take 2 or more turns become an instant hit move... so how about that! Have a Nice day!

Dedenne1

Years

• Electric Type Pokemon of the Week

Pikachu, The Mouse Pokémon. When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms. It has small electric sacs on both its cheeks. If threatened, it looses electric charges from the sacs. This intelligent Pokémon roasts hard berries with electricity to make them tender enough to eat. It raises its tail to check its surroundings. The tail is sometimes struck by lightning in this pose. This Pokémon has electricity-storing pouches on its cheeks. These appear to become electrically charged during the night while Pikachu sleeps. It occasionally discharges electricity when it is dozy after waking up. Whenever Pikachu comes across something new, it blasts it with a jolt of electricity. If you come across a blackened berry, it's evidence that this Pokémon mistook the intensity of its charge. When it releases pent-up energy in a burst, the electric power is equal to a lightning bolt. If it looses crackling power from the electrical pouches on its cheeks, it is being wary.
    So i thought we would try something a bit different since i am about as creative as a rock. So time to say hello to Electric type POTWs. Although i was going to start off with the best electric type known to man (dedenne) there was more images of this little mouse so lets discuss him!

Possible Questions:
    Have you ever used him competitively or in game? (if you havent i just dont know what to say)

What are your thoughts on his "signature" move volt tackle? Ever bred a pikachu with the lightball to get it?

What are your thoughts on Pikachu being the "face" of pokemon?

Is Pikachu truely better than dedenne?

What are your thoughts on Ash's Pikachu? I mean seriously what level is that guy hes so powerful its not even a joke and i mean why is volt tackle gone Ash? Why?

If you ever had a Pikachu in game did you evolve him into Raichu?

What are your thoughts on its shiny form? Its too plain right? I mean look at dedenne's does that look plain to you?

If your could change one thing about Pikachu what would you change and why?

Other thoughts on this adorable electric type?

Hate CSS? Think i have terrible coding skills? Are your eyes hurting trying to read this? If any of these conditions apply open the spoiler!

Spoiler:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Have you ever used him competitively or in game? (if you havent i just dont know what to say)
    Yeah, I've used it, in FireRed and of course Yellow, but I ditched it in the latter game when I found out it didn't like my thunderstone.

What are your thoughts on his "signature" move volt tackle? Ever bred a pikachu with the lightball to get it?
    I don't like to use recoil moves in-game. Normally you don't need that bit of extra power and something like Thunderbolt will work out anyway without having any drawbacks. Still, I love the idea of moves only being available by breeding, but I think the only times I've used Volt Tackle was with Metronome.

That's the only reason why it's so popular and terribly overrated. It's a nice and cute Pokémon and all, nothing much special (and hence perfect as mascot). And well, there has to be a mascot, but they have pushed it too far in my opinion with too many Pikachu-only things (light ball, cosplay Pikachu, etc.).

Overall, I think I like Dedenne more, and no I don't just say that to make our club owner happy. Dedenne is a cuter and I like its tail more.

What are your thoughts on Ash's Pikachu? I mean seriously what level is that guy hes so powerful its not even a joke and i mean why is volt tackle gone Ash? Why?
    I don't know, I think anime doesn't really do levels and just write just for one situation and what power they think fits there, because Pikachu's strength is really fluctuating a lot.

If you ever had a Pikachu in game did you evolve him into Raichu?
    As I said, yes. I don't see why I wouldn't and to be honest I think I was close to ragequitting Yellow when I found out I couldn't evolve.

What are your thoughts on its shiny form? Its too plain right? I mean look at dedenne's does that look plain to you?
    It may look plain, but the orange colors look kinda nice, something I wouldn't want to say about Dedenne's brown.

If your could change one thing about Pikachu what would you change and why?
    Just make it less special or give more other Pokémon unique aspects too.

Hate CSS? Think i have terrible coding skills? Are your eyes hurting trying to read this? If any of these conditions apply open the spoiler!
    You know, if I was unable to read that, I don't think I would notice this message, so it's kinda useless. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well hello there, you talking about me? ;)

Have you ever used him competitively or in game? (if you havent i just dont know what to say)
    I don't play competively, but I used it in Yellow of course! Also in Gold (I think?) and often in Ruby. Useful when you needed something with good Attack rather than super much of Sp Atk.

I think it was cool in the anime, never used it in the games though haha. Might be because I've yet to finish a game past gen 3 hehe.

It's the perfect mascot really. One might think that something strong and cool like Charizard would have made a better mascot, with Charmander as its cute counterpart... It might have actually haha. Pikachu makes the franchise seem inherently more directed at kids. For better or worse. But if that's what you're aiming for, Pikachu is a better choice than Clefairy, for example.

Lol yes. Dedenne is such a copy and sort of ridiculous. I'm sorry, Dedenne lovers ;( but I just haven't been able to like any of the Pikachu copies haha. Pichu was enough.

I love him <3 like a more clever version of Ash haha.

I don't have time to answer the rest of the questions now, but I might later! Pika~~

Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back