• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

O.M.G.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • I've heard it said to me loads of times and I've used it a couple of times too.
    I think people use it when they are shocked or amazed about something, that they've done or has happened.
    I don't mind it, just not when it is used too much.

Last edited:

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    No. I hate it when people use text-speak in real life conversations.

Years
  • I have noticed that I am using omg irl quite a lot, but it took me a while to do so. I have tried and succeeded in getting rid of the bad habitude of lol-ing, but this one has stayed. Probably because there are a lot more occassions to say lol than to say omg, so that one was unnoticed.
    I even caught myself saying omfg, but I never actually used the full form of it. Probably because it does less sound like a curse.

Ayselipera

I never say 'oh my god' straight out as 'OMG' and I find it really annoying when I hear other people say it. I do say 'brb' though when I want to be obnoxious and stupid. :3

Click Here

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • I really dislike using it Irl, and only use it online. I never use Text Speak Irl , but some I use online all the time. (Like just now XD)

Years
  • People actually do that?

If I heard someone say that I would have a hard time not laughing. A really hard time.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I say it a lot only when I'm online. Like OMG or omg. When I read it aloud, I saw O.M.G., but offline I probably say "Oh my gosh" more. If I ever speak IM when I'm not online it's when I say "L.O.L" if something is funny, but not funny enough to laugh at literally. As for other people though, I'm glad I don't come across many (very few) who say O.M.G. It's annoying to hear that all the time, but yeah, I don't hang around many people who do that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    No one has, thankfully. If they did, I'd make a point to laugh at them afterwards. xD;

I hate that term.

Saying 'ohmygod' is fine, and when I type out 'omg', my mind reads it out as 'oh my god'. It's kind of like how I read out 'RP' as 'roleplay', but actually saying "oh em gee" is totally lame, and I hate it. xD; Don't mean to offend anyone who says it.. just.. ugh. It annoys me, because it sounds so.. stupid.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Too many girls say that at my school. it so damn irritating sometimes...

"OMG, YOUR GOING OUT WITH HIM?! NO WAII!"
    "OMG, I KNOW RIGHTT!!"

bleh.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    People say it like "OH EM GEE" in real life?

I only hear it when people are just joking around. oAo

Years
  • I've heard people say this a lot, I think it's really annoying. Save it for the computer, not in real life convos -_-

Years
  • I sometimes say it for the irony, since people think of me as often being strict and difficult when it comes to conversational language. Otherwise, not many people use it where I live. Sometimes another girl might say it for the funzies like I do, though.

Back