• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oak's Aides

Years
  • WHOA! I'm a noob to forum sites in general so I don't know to show I'm replying to Elite Charizard XD. I'm acquainted with irfanview but I have a few questions involving the picture. How did you make that title screen? Did you use something like gimp or photoshop?

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
    Years
  • 3x Non-Evolving Pokémon- Suicune, Ditto & Articuno
    3x 2-Stage Evolutions- Eevee, Misdrevous & Sneasel
    3x 3-Stage Evolutions- Beautifly, Luxario & Metagross

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You know, you can just create a whole new titlescreen like so:
    Spoiler:
    and reduce the colors to 256 (using irfanview) and just use a tutorial on how to insert it in the ROM.

EDIT: The screen size should be 240 x 160.

Thanks for the help EC :3

3x Non-Evolving Pokémon- Suicune, Ditto & Articuno
    3x 2-Stage Evolutions- Eevee, Misdrevous & Sneasel
    3x 3-Stage Evolutions- Beautifly, Luxario & Metagross

I'm going to ignore Legendaries (other than Celebi) for now, as I don't want to mess up their origins too much.

Updated list (53 Pokémon):

Spoiler:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Thanks for the help EC :3

Yea no problem xD

WHOA! I'm a noob to forum sites in general so I don't know to show I'm replying to Elite Charizard XD. I'm acquainted with irfanview but I have a few questions involving the picture. How did you make that title screen? Did you use something like gimp or photoshop?

I only used paint, if you want to make one similar, you can find resources here:
    http://spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/28243
    http://irocknikez.deviantart.com/#/d4l3dp1
    http://irocknikez.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-logo-277294697?q=gallery:irocknikez&qo=1

If you wanted the curved text, you'll need photoshop for that.Have other questions, send me a visitor message on my profile.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Introduction of Agatha event:

Spoiler:

Opinions? :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    3x Non-Evolving Pokémon- Skarmory, Mawile, Sableye
    3x 2-Stage Evolutions- Murkrow, Scyther, Drifloon
    3x 3-Stage Evolutions- Electivire, Magmortar, Dusknoir

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    3x Non-Evolving Pokémon- Skarmory, Mawile, Sableye
    3x 2-Stage Evolutions- Murkrow, Scyther, Drifloon
    3x 3-Stage Evolutions- Electivire, Magmortar, Dusknoir

Thrown most of those in there :3 avoided adding too many ghosts as there is already a lot so went for Drifloon and Sableye.

Spoiler:

There are now 15 flying types, so no more flying will be included from now on (unless, for instance, it is one out of a 3 chain evolution of a minority type).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Progress update :3 Thanks to Chrunch we now have the first town done, and I have applied the new tiles to create this beauty:

FirstTown.png

I have done two more maps, which I'll put up soon to get some feedback and things, and then scripting will start.

Speaking of scripting - does anyone know how to use the day/night system in scripting? To say... make a berry tree that replenishes every midnight? Berry trees are quite important in oldy-worldy pokémon so that would be great. Otherwise I have a few backup plans.

Feel free to add some more pokémon to the list! In particular, fighting and psychic are looking a bit lacking.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I dunno people's opinions on them, but why not include the Hitmon family (Tyrogue, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop), as that one family diversity for Fighting types.

/end of random injection

fanp

Pokemon Legacy Creator
    Years
  • SwiftSign sorry for not send you another script but now that i will start scripting my hack again, i will send you the script.

~Fanp

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    SwiftSign sorry for not send you another script but now that i will start scripting my hack again, i will send you the script.

~Fanp

Okie Dokie! There might not be too much to do but I'll find something at least :3 although it might be writing tedious random NPC scripts aha.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Hey once I fix something about my composing skills I can make the music if you want!

...okay and as for the image I would like the ^^ Treecko, but if you can't I'll take the Grovyle bleh

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hey once I fix something about my composing skills I can make the music if you want!

...okay and as for the image I would like the ^^ Treecko, but if you can't I'll take the Grovyle bleh

Baha I just put Grovyle up but I shall exchange it, especially since you offered composing *-*. That's one of the most unique features so YES. *bows down*

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So um yeah...

Is there anything started yet?

Mapping, spriting, kind of scripting, pokedex XD Everything is started it's just getting it to a point of putting it together.

Once I have this Berry Tree stuff down, we will start scripting :3

Also I edited the textbox but not sure if I like it yet.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I noticed you're working on the starters.

For the starters I'll just make a list of every basic Pokémon (i.e. Metapod, Squirtle, etc.)
    Spoiler:
    It's not done, but I think that should be enough.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi guys! :)

I've checked up with a few of you recently, sorry but I'm quite busy at the moment so hesitant to start the scripting process as I will most likely be distracted.

Anyway, I bring you a give, a mini userbar:

Userbar2.png

[IMG*]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Userbar2.png[/IMG]​

Please keep suggesting Pokémon for the 'dex. Also if you guys have any other ideas for characters to appear then please give your 2 cents (or more) as I'd love to hear it.

Back