• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obligatory Starter Speculation Thread

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    WHat kind of Grass Type Pokemon could relate to the Sun and Moon ? Because I can see a Fire starter based on the Sun and a Water Starter based on the Moon.

It's likely the starters won't have any connection to the Sun or the Moon.

I mean when have the starters ever had a connection to the titles of the games?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    Here's my ideas for starters that I'd hope to see:
    Grass type that is actually a plant, instead of an animal with plant motif.
    Water type with diving equipment.
    And, eh, I don't have any ideas for fire type, maybe a lighter or welding mask.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Lets hope they give a hint soon!
    Cant really guess which way they will go with the starters.
    Will be fire water grass mixed with some other type for sure.
    I hope that it will be these kinda types
    Fire - Tiger
    Grass - some magic creature would be cool (fairy as second type)
    Water - Bull like the fakemon

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Eh but wasn't really the aspect I was hoping for. Something more Arcanine-esque is what I'm hoping for.
    They could make it a tiger, that would be an aggressive four legged carnivore as well, and it would fit with the Chinese zodiac. Honestly that's the one I'm hoping for.

On Water, I would like a Salamander or Newt. I love those guys. Best amphibians.

Grass starters are harder to predict now that they broke the Dinosaur/Reptile mold and made a porcupine. However, one cool option I've always been a fan of is the Komodo Dragon. If they modeled a grass starter on that it would be another Grass poison, but still it's a neat concept. Maybe they can use it to make a Dragon Poison Pokemon that isn't terrible. (I like Dragalge design wise but it's not what I wanted)

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Just going with the themes, I'm expecting A tiger-esque Fire type, although a Goat would be cool, a grass type based on prehistoric plant life and for the water types, A diplocaulus?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I can see Water/Fighting as the final water starter since it's the only starter type left that never got Fighting.

The others would be either Fire/Rock or Fire/Flying and Grass/Rock or Grass/Flying.
    It will be a double weakness triangle or they would use their second type as a counter to their primary types.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe a fire Pokémon based on a bull (stand in for the ox) if they wish to tie the starters into sun in moon. In Egypt, Greece, and other parts of the east mediterrenean bulls were associated with the sun and/or moon.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I could care less for what they look like and all but as for their typing im hoping to see a fairy type a steel type and a fighting type since you know fairy beats fighting fighting beats steel and steel beats fairy. As for the combinations id love to see this:
    Fairy/Fire
    Steel/Grass
    Fighting/Water
    Theyre just unique in a sense we dont have many of these and the designs would be pretty cool!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm praying they break the Zodiac theme and give us something unpredictable.

I'd like some oddballs thrown in like a Fire Rhino starter, Grass bird starter, and Water Elephant starter~

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe we'll get a Water/Ice, Grass/Electric, and a pure fire starter for the finals (discounting Mega Sceptile we've had 3 pure final evos for each non-fire type starter type. Fire only has one pure Fire, 3 part fighting, one part flying, and one part psychic.)

Years
  • I'd like some oddballs thrown in like a Fire Rhino starter, Grass bird starter, and Water Elephant starter~

I could imagine how a Water-type elephant could work, especially because Phanpy was actually able to learn Water Gun. And I do see many ideas wanting a bird-based Grass-type starter, especially after we already had Torchic and Piplup for Fire and Water respectively.

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • Well, obviously we're getting the usual trio, it's a franchise classic, there's no sense in changing it up, and if they did, I don't know if I would be a bit letdown.

But, what I have no clue is what their final evolution is gonna be. It seems we're now getting multi-typed Pokemon as the final evolution.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    I sincerely hope this starter line-up will be different. It will be more refreshing to have more than one elephant in the room. *Cough cough* Yellow. *Cough cough*

Hopefully the experiment with a different type triangle. Seeing as our name theme is Sun and Moon, Dark/Fighting/Psychic would make a lot of sense.

Back