• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Heres more info on Pyroar if it hasnt already been posted.

"Following on from the accidental leak last night, the Pokémon Pyroar has been officially revealed by The Pokémon Company in conjunction with website IGN. It's a Fire/Normal-type Pokémon with the abilities Unnerve and Rivalry and it can learn the move Echoed Voice and is classed as the Royal Pokémon."

from Serebii

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    Y'know, at first I really underestimated Pyroar's design. I expected too much out of a Litleo evolution, hoping it to be a menacing chimera/manticore with a flaming mane, etc.

After looking at its official art, though, I am really starting to open up to it now!

October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Please, GameFreak, give this thing Flare Blitz.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I don't appreciate it still being Fire/Normal. Normal type doesn't do much to help Fire type, it only gives it immunity to Ghost and with the vast amount of Fighting types is not worth it in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Personally, when I saw the new fossil Pokemon, I immediately thought of an evolution based on the most visually stunning diplodocus-like dinosaur: amargasaurus!

The evolution for the "t-rex" one, I'm betting, will be more like a carnotaurus:
    Considering the crest on its head I can see it spreading across its body and turning into a proper Amargasaurus. That'd be sick as hell. An ice-type Amargasaurus Pokemon. Too bad it'd be "cute" or something if the current design is anything to go by . :/

Carnotauros is terrific (my favorite dinosaur, probably) but when you consider it it'd be weird if a T-Rex evolves into a Carnotauros which is a significantly smaller dinosaur. I propose Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.
    My gut feeling was that they would be T-Rex and Brontosaurus-type of Pokémon.
    Hate to be that guy to you but Brontosaurus doesn't exist. The Dinosaur you're thinking of is Apatosaurus.
    This is one of the coolest Pokemon I've ever seen. Hands down. 10/10 will catch.

I'm catching one and naming mine Simba. THIS is the Lion Pokemon we've all been waiting for!

As a bonus they should make the shiny version white. (Too bad people aren't old enough here to get the reference.)

EDIT: You know normal makes sense considering it's supposed to be just like a normal Lion with pyromancy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    As a bonus they should make the shiny version white. (Too bad people aren't old enough here to get the reference.)
    Kimba~

I loved Litleo from the beginning but Pyroar ooooh my gosh I love it. So majestic compared to the cartoonish pre-evolution that a lot of people disliked. Its mane totally looks like a fire blast unless it's just me seeing that.

Years
    I checked on IGN, and they stated, "The Pokemon Company has revealed Pyroar, an evolution of Litleo in Pokemon X and Y..." It's like no, you guys did. or at least an employee representing them did. Either way, I am glad IGN is incompetent; now, if there could just be a few more "accidents".

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Well that is probably a new trailer that GF has made and IGN has already gotten the video. We will probably be seeing a new trailer very very soon.

I am also disappointed that It is a Pyroar is a Fire/Normal just like I was disappointed to find out Luxray line was Electric, but I guess all black pokemon can't be dark type. I still wish it was Fire/Poison at least. I could careless if it was a Manticore, but I was right when I said the tail of Litleo was just hair. I am glad fire types are getting a lot more pokemon. They have always been pushed aside. I know we will have a good amount of water type, but I hope not many. There is already about 110 different water pokemon.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    It's honestly a good thing for it, as far as offensive typing is concerned. Not only could it attack and gain STAB through Flare Blitz, you could circumvent the recoil and (assuming it learns this) go for a Work Up/STAB Return Set. I'd say the Fire/Normal typing gives the lion some damn well impressive coverage, barring Rock types, in which I hope that thing learns superpower or something, lmao.

What I'm worried about is its defense, those Fighting types specially the ones who run Bulk Up sets are gonna be a problem. Also Intimidate would have been better than Rivalry, but I suppose they didn't want to imitate Arcanine.

I was in another forum where someone said something very interesting about Pyroar. Do you guys think there will be a difference in appearance with the Male and Female version given that Pyroar is a Lion?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I love Pyroar's official artwork, I wasn't really a fan of Litleo but after seeing Pyroar I will probably end up using it at some stage.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Y'know, at first I really underestimated Pyroar's design. I expected too much out of a Litleo evolution, hoping it to be a menacing chimera/manticore with a flaming mane, etc.

After looking at its official art, though, I am really starting to open up to it now!

Please, GameFreak, give this thing Flare Blitz.

I can still maybe see it get a second evolution, as it does look like it could get a bit bigger, the mane could become even bigger and majestic (It is the royal Pokemon.) I wouldn't be disapointed if this was its final evolution, I think that it is one of the best designs yet, I just wish that we could have got a fire/posion type. Litleo's tail really got my hopes up.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Maybe it'll get a second evolution and that normal type will turn to poison type? I'd love for it to happen. I, honestly, am having a hard time seeing it happen at this point, but you can never know for sure. I'm happy with the design at least, looks great. Litleo's design was kinda meh, but this definitely makes up for it.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    Give Pyroar a base attack and speed over 100 and it's good to go.

Hopefully it gets Flare Blitz (STAB) and Body Slam (STAB + Parahax).

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Why would a Lion be a poison type?

It was this theory going around that because Litleo's tail resembled a scorpion tail that its evolution would be based on a Manticore. A Manticore is a mythical creature which is mainly a Lion with traits of other animals like a scorpion tail.

Reactions: JP
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Well this was a big scoup to me, Im actually glad that steel is not resistant to dark and ghost. Im justing thinking that it's becomming more OP. I know during the tournaments, I would sometimes have a tough time with steel types because of the team I choice (For fun play not competitive).

I really do believe that mega evolution chart is a fake. Why give zangoose a mega form and not serviper? Werent those two pretty much together at all times and have history?

Also, I am in love with fennekins evolution! Im pretty sure his/her final form will be great. Im also assuming that froakie is on the verge too. I believe he shall be another oshawott am I right?? Wow, chespin kind of fell off the chair here. I was hoping for an epic evolution for him so that he could possibly wind up like Sceptile but ohwell i guess.

I also just heard of Mewtwo getting a second mega form as well. Just when I thought the Y version would grow on me, I feel as if I like the X version. I guess Im just digging the fact that psychic cant effectly hurt his secondary typing...however, he gains a flying weakness <.<

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    If it's purely going to focus on offensive, then it wouldn't need to worry about defenses much. If it doesn't have intimidate, then it's safe to say that it wasn't made for bulk. Of course, this is only assuming that its defenses are lower than average, and that its offensive stats are much higher, which is what I'm thinking is most likely the case.

I understand, but you have to admit that with SR not going anywhere and the Normal typing providing a weakness to yet another popular type, Pyroar is not a pokemon thats gonna have an easy time switching in and even if defense isn't Pyroar's thing is still has to survive before it gets to do its good share of damage. For me its just too risky of a pokemon to use. Still I need to see its stats and complete movepool to make a fair judgment.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Well..... not really poison, but look at Scar from Lion King. When he took over the Pride-land. Him and the Hyenas poisoned the land and killed off everything. It is also fiction, anything can happen.

You asking why would a lion be a poison type is like asking how does a dog spit out fire or how a rodent produces electricity.

Back