• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It was this theory going around that because Litleo's tail resembled a scorpion tail that its evolution would be based on a Manticore. A Manticore is a mythical creature which is mainly a Lion with traits of other animals like a scorpion tail.
    It doesn't look like a scorpion tail to me but that makes sense. Forgot about Manticore.
    Well..... not really poison, but look at Scar from Lion King. When he took over the Pride-land. Him and the Hyenas poisoned the land and killed off everything. It is also fiction, anything can happen.

You asking why would a lion be a poison type is like asking how does a dog spit out fire or how a rodent produces electricity.
    You know I can get animals getting fire and electricity for some reason but not poison.

I always associated poison types with actual poisonous things, and it's been that way since gen 1.

Also Scar would be a Dark-type if you wanna go there. :P Hey, look at Mightyena, it's already been done!
    How can they get sued over a dinosaur that really exist ? You though Jurassic Park and Ice Age created the Spinosaurus ? The Spinosaurus was named in 1915 by Ernst Stromer.
    You didn't get the joke did you?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I want to catch a Litleo and evolve it into Pyroar just so I can nickname it Simba.

This is exactly the evolution I was hoping Litleo would get. I also think the creative decision to fit in the Japanese kanji symbol for fire on its mane is pretty genius. If any of the Gen VI Pokémon have mega evolutions, I hope Pyroar gets one. I think they could even take this design another step further if they wanted to.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I can still maybe see it get a second evolution, as it does look like it could get a bit bigger, the mane could become even bigger and majestic (It is the royal Pokemon.) I wouldn't be disapointed if this was its final evolution, I think that it is one of the best designs yet, I just wish that we could have got a fire/posion type. Litleo's tail really got my hopes up.

I don't think so. The official artwork may make it look like it could evolve, but looking at its in-game appearance really makes it seem like it is the final stage. I actually think it might be revealed that there's an intermediate stage between Litleo and Pyroar, but if there isn't, it wouldn't be too drastic of a change from the first stage to the second.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I actually think the reaction to Chespin's evolution is more so because of the angle from which its design is shown than because of the actual design itself.

Yeah, its bulky, but its based off of a horse chestnut pod; of course its gonna be a little rotund.

Anyway, I really have a feeling that the design will be much more accepted once its looked at from the front instead of from below. One of the people I saw complain pointed out its weird nose, but the nose is only drawn like that because of the angle we're seeing it from. If I tilted my face upwards and to the side, you'd probably think I had a weird-shaped nose, too.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I do have to say thought Gen 6 so far has been killing it with the designs. What a major improvement over gen 5. After I play the game and see most of the Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if I'd end up saying, you know, this gen has the best designs by far.

EDIT: Guys Normal is a good type. It's immune to ghost (which will be more common now) and they only have one weakness. Plus, Normal is one of the best offensive types. (Fire + Normal will provide great coverage except against Rock which aren't common in higher level play.)

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    DSDFK:SDJFS:DKJFSflsjdfljsldfsdlfjsldjfASDFSKDFJSLKDFJSDFDSFSLDFKSDLKJFSLKDJFEREOHAMISGOODSsdfjjl

PYROAR! I LOVE IT! We can never have enough lion Pokemon. I wouldn't really care if the whole franchise became Lion-Mon. Normal is my favorite Type so I'm grateful for the double typing. I like his mane a lot, too. The first thing that popped into my mind was one of those royal Egyptian crowns:
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Pyroar (Fire/Normal) looks pretty cool it has that royalty look to it not sure about ability if anyone knows.
    If I would give it a rating of 1-10 then it would be a:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I do have to say thought Gen 6 so far has been killing it with the designs. What a major improvement over gen 5. After I play the game and see most of the Pokemon I wouldn't be surprised if I'd end up saying, you know, this gen has the best designs by far.

EDIT: Guys Normal is a good type. It's immune to ghost (which will be more common now) and they only have one weakness. Plus, Normal is one of the best offensive types. (Fire + Normal will provide great coverage except against Rock which aren't common in higher level play.)

I'm hoping Pyroar has access to powerful grass moves to take care of Rock, Ground, and Water types, and powerful psychic moves to take down fighting types...oh and that it'll be fast and Sp. Atk oriented.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    With more days that go by, the more I'm starting to dislike Mega Evolution. Yea it's fresh and something new to the series but it's just too gimicky for my taste. Shoot me now..

I liked it a lot at first, but I feel like they're giving it to way too many Pokemon? And it would have been cool if they stuck to Pokemon like Mawile rather than adding on to already overpowered Pokemon. I don't play competitively, and maybe they'll increase the difficulty of the games, but I can imagine just blazing through a whole save file with a Mega Garchomp (now a possibility because of Pokemon Bank).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I liked it a lot at first, but I feel like they're giving it to way too many Pokemon? And it would have been cool if they stuck to Pokemon like Mawile rather than adding on to already overpowered Pokemon. I don't play competitively, and maybe they'll increase the difficulty of the games, but I can imagine just blazing through a whole save file with a Mega Garchomp (now a possibility because of Pokemon Bank).

I agree that they should probably have focused more on the less-powerful Pokemon for mega-evolutions, but really... we don't know how many in total there are (could very well have added more megas to less powerful ones than OU and Ubers) and we don't even know if it JUST gives them stat increases. I imagine some, if not all, of these megas will have something increased and something decreased in terms of stats.

I'm still cool and up for these new mega formes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If you get the game after December 25 or 27th (depending on where you live) as Pokebank isn't available until then, and it's evolutionary line proably won't be available until either late in game or post game (if at all).

Back