• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    How is Fairy Type super effective on Dark and Dragon and the Hydreigon didn't die with Sylveon's fairy wind? I don't understand. Maybe it's not true. We have to wait for pictures.

blue

gucci
    Years
    This Mega Mewtwo is apparently Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. Mega Garchomp's ability is Sand Force.

Chigorasu hasa new ability 'Hard Chin' that increases attack power. Amarusu has Freeze Skin, no explanation of effect. Torimian has Fur Coat which also has no effect given and apparently with "trimming" you can change its appearance.

In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. This is not 100% confirmed just yet.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    "10:53: Change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, reflected in the graphics, with a famous actress called Karune. Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea" - Serebii

I like how Team Flare kind of has its own "Commanders".

blue

gucci
    Years
    Finally, it is what Team Plasma was lacking! I was hoping Team Flare would have some sort of Administrators to their group.

blue

gucci
    Years
    "10:59: Gerogashira knows Jump, Chespin's evo knows Mud Shot and Fennekin's evo knows Psycho Cut"

All of these signs are pointing towards Fennekin being Fire/Psychic yet it states that all starter evolutions are Single typed?

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Gekogashira has Bounce
    Hariboogu has Mudshot
    Teerunaa has Psyshock

Geko grows to be slender, Hari has a Gengar Shiloutte? and Runa fights with a tree branch stuck in it's tail.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    This Mega Mewtwo is apparently Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. Mega Garchomp's ability is Sand Force.

Chigorasu hasa new ability 'Hard Chin' that increases attack power. Amarusu has Freeze Skin, no explanation of effect. Torimian has Fur Coat which also has no effect given and apparently with "trimming" you can change its appearance.

In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. This is not 100% confirmed just yet.

Freeze Skin sounds to me like Static with frozen status instead.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    "10:59: Gerogashira knows Jump, Chespin's evo knows Mud Shot and Fennekin's evo knows Psycho Cut"

All of these signs are pointing towards Fennekin being Fire/Psychic yet it states that all starter evolutions are Single typed?

Yup, seems like Fennekin's evolution will indeed be Fire/Psychic. That's three psychic attacks it can learn.

I hope by "Jump" they messed up and meant "Jump Kick". Edit: Nevermind, it's Bounce.

I have a feeling Chespin will be dual typed, most likely Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, Froakie on the other hand doesn't really signify any obvious type based on the moves it can learn.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Yup, seems like Fennekin's evolution will indeed be Fire/Psychic. That's three psychic attacks it can learn.

I hope by "Jump" they messed up and meant "Jump Kick".

I have a feeling Chespin will be dual typed, most likely Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, Froakie on the other hand doesn't really signify any obvious type based on the moves it can learn.

It's not "Jump", it's the English move "Bounce".

Soz, Steel's resistance to Dark/Ghost has gone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I didn't expect that hit to steel type, the metagame is gonna change a lot more now. I understand Dark getting a neutral hit to Steel since Fairy is now a counter to it but Ghost too?

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    ...y no pictures...? Didn't the CoroCoro leaker at least photograph the pages????

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    This means that both Metagross and Jirachi have two additional weaknesses. It is quite a nerf when you look at it from the competitive standpoint and what Pokemon will truly be affected by it the most. However, steel is still a great type defensively, as it will be resisting Fairy now. It still retains its many resistances to other types. It's really only a nerf to dual types such as the two I've mentioned.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Damn. Not really liking what they're doing to the type chart so far.

Edit:
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Years
    The new MewTwo and Garchomp Mega Evos are amazing!! I prefer the first MewTwo but the typing is interesting ! ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm surprised if true that steel lost it's resistance against two types...wonder if anymore types were changed...if these leaks are real. Remember not confirmed yet.

Back