• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~October Daily Chit Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

I totally agree with you there. I think Love Hina's like that too..
    The only one I do like is the original Tenchi Muyo~ I loved that show when I was ten (even though I had no idea what was happening and I only liked the art XD) Meh, harems are still interesting sometimes though...

I have DVDs of that. XD It has the same cliche' though, I don't like that, but it's kind of a cute series none the less.
    I love how in the dub, the girls would get tipsy after drinking "tea".

Love Hina seems like it's aimed at females, so is Tenchi. o_O

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    The first Tenchi did seemed aimed at girls...maybe it was because of too many girls. :P But then again, there were lots of lightsaber scences that seemed shonenish. Meh, the Japanese know what they're doing when they make these crazy shows XD

Lucid

Well... The manga I have of it says "Shoujo" on the side... So I assume it is. XD

We watched Casa Blanca in school today.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I have DVDs of that. XD It has the same cliche' though, I don't like that, but it's kind of a cute series none the less.
    I love how in the dub, the girls would get tipsy after drinking "tea".

Love Hina seems like it's aimed at females, so is Tenchi. o_O
    I gotta get me some of that "tea"! :P

hmmm, I was always under the impression that Love Hina is a shounen story ...

Lucid

hmmm, I was always under the impression that Love Hina is a shounen story ...

They have a flying pet turtle, it most certainly is not. XD

God, you lot post slow... What do you have dile-up?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    They have a flying pet turtle, it most certainly is not. XD

God, you lot post slow... What do you have dile-up?
    Oh yeah, the turtle :P

I don't have dail-up. I knew there were other posts, I had nothing to say about them.

And there is usually no rush to post anyway.

Lucid

Yeah... The turtle and it has the romantic-comedy theme going.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm just used to Gaia. D;

Yeah... The turtle and it has the romantic-comedy theme going.
    Well, the "romantic-comedy theme" involves a dormitory full of young girls and one male. And it ain't all that funny anyway in my opinion.

And besides, shounen can appeal to both sexes anyway.,

Lucid

How many guys do you know went to see 'The Brakeup'.(without girls mind you)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I totally agree with you there. I think Love Hina's like that too..
    The only one I do like is the original Tenchi Muyo~ I loved that show when I was ten (even though I had no idea what was happening and I only liked the art XD) Meh, harems are still interesting sometimes though...
    Lova Hina and Tenchi were the two shows that started that whole harem genre. Of course back then none of that stuff was cliché, just a big wet dream for people.

Lucid

I don't know anyone who's seen that movie, let alone guys.

Therefor romantic comdies are aimed towards females, or resurved for crappy date movies.

Sorry, Catpeople? Sure. Magical Girls? Why not. Aliens who come to save the planet? Done that. Oversized robots? Okay. But 4 to 8 beautiful women lusting over some random teenage nerd they met on the street corner is stretching it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Is it even supposed to be considered a horror movie? Seems like more of a suspense type to me.

Lucid

There's ghost knocking off people, so yeah, it does. D;

Night everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back