• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

October spriting contest disscusion thread

Recknin

Banned
    Years
    vaati said:
    Yes, and due to the fact your entry isn't made by you it's not accepted.
    yeah ,the point is that it never said noting about making
    it you'r self,i can make it myself if i want to but i'm not bothered

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    its a sprite cometition, thats the whole point of them, seeing if you can make a good sprite and win

gothsinn23

PC's Biggest Terra Fan. ^^
    Years
    I agree with pikafirefight. And something else called 'common sense' comes in handy too. (Heh sorry, I'm in a really bad mood today. Something just happened to me and my family and..well it left me a bit depressed/angry.)

Several of these entries aren't even valid. One is only half-pixel art, one can't even make existing sprites look good, one is a recycled sprite, and one was stolen.

Gah.

Was any of that directed to me? 'Cause..well..mine was entirely of scratch. I only used my Supercross from the last contest as a reference for the Supercross portion of mine, and then I took Starmie's color and used a Ledian sprite as a reference for Lady Violeta...

armadilloHD

FE style by sykora.
    Years
    Ruby-adams said:
    oh yeah someone should have said that to the newbies
    Too bad theres a rule already for that..hmm what was it again? Oh yeah...NO STEALING Foo...I need the gangsta mario picture right about now, but until then

Years
    heh
    mines scratch right O.o cause blaze is a fan character and so is teh cat, we can't have scanned it FWAR XD

Years
    People seem to not use common sense when applying to the contest :\

I might as well just get it said now,
    I'm not going to rate any copy paste entries, everyone can do them, and they don't show your spriting skill.

nope

laziest dude in the world
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2006
    Dragonfree said:
    nope said:
    Well i'm new here and for my presentation i aslo enter the contest with this:

Excuse me, but you used my Red/Blue version recolored Ponyta in that.

oh, it's yours? sorry sister, I didn't know. I even don't know where I found it, but I never said that it was my own sprite, I mean, I only use it from the "composition" in general, so please forgive me another time, if you don't want to lend it to me for the "composition", only say it and myself will erase it, ok?

Years
    I've already had someone ask me a while back about running next month's contest...so, assuming he comes back around to the sprites forum, then that's when the contest will start.

Which will hopefully be within the next day or two...

As for this month's results, I have no idea.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I call dibs on said spot if said person does not return, and if he does, I get dibs on the December contest.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Where's the results? How can it take this long to rate this garbage?

EDIT by FG: Don't double post. Please be patient - results can take a while on any contest.

--FG

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back