• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    im pretty sure the egg shinx will be cloned millions of times and then spread throughout the universe
    but im wondering what will its OT be if its an event? the hatcher?? or the giver??

Years
    If it's from an egg, then the OT would be your character.

I haven't heard anything about a special Shinx egg in this version though, so I dunno...

A lot of darkcookies posts seem to be all rumor with no meat, and when anyone says anything that contradicts them, he wells up like a 2nd grader and gives a "FINE. You're RIGHT." attitude.

I'd stick with what we know for sure, which isn't much at all.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Finally, some real information, rather than some April's Fool's joke offering up some pretty Farfetch'd ideas. 3D battling? Voice recognition? Puh-lease. Now that we have some REAL info, a real discusion can take place.

I never cared much for Shinx, but I do hope that it has Volt Tackle. Pikachu isn't the best user of the move. He can either have max SP, or Mad\x ATK, but his physical movepool is too small for all physical. I also hope for a more expansive Battle Arena type thing, not that GOD awful seven battles for 3 points kinda thing. I also hope for a more forgiving prize selection (80 BP for Earthquake is unfair), and more move tutors.

I'd also love to see Dr.Octagonapus, but that's just me.

EDIT:Another win post made by Oniko. I didn't realize that the Shinx thing was a rumor. I don't listen to baseless rumors.

solaries10

Palmer
    Years
    Platinum eh? Back to the metal generation.:P Giratina's new form ought to have more SPD and ATK. I also expect more post-pokemon leage special events that could happen. Don't tell me where going to have Cynthia talk to you every now and then, and vanish into some hidden area in a cave where her pokemon are all 20 levels higher than they used to be.=O That would be nice. It would also be cooler if your rival's pokemon gained 1 level every week, 'til all his pokemon reach level 100, he'd be an exp mine.=F New gym tricks would also be nice, they were already nice the way they were, how much more fun would they be in the new game? Capturing both Dialga and Palkia would also be fun, but I have yet to imagine how Giratina falls into the story.

Years
    Well if you go to bulbapedia you can see the new annoucments and it says something about it being called pokemon platium and some other things. But now what i hope and think with his cloths it should either all blue or all red it looks better. But i think it would be cool if you get to go to Jhoto and insted of traveling by boat we could travel by plane (because jhoto is really far) that would be cool and i think they put jasmine in DP so they could give us a little hint saying that they would make a remake or it will be included in the next one. I have some other idears but i can't think of them now and can i just ask a question if it is coming out in september what month will it come out in Australia

solaries10

Palmer
    Years
    An Airport would be nice.:D It would be cool if the flight attendant starts saying something in the lines of "completely safe" and red lights start flashing alarming everyone, as your plane collides into a Team Galactic Floating Fortress HQ. There, you have your final battle with Cyrus.=3 It would also be cool if one of your pokemon knows fly, you could go outside the HQ, fly around, and run into some pokemon that can reach stratospheric altitutes.=O Though I'm being too unrealistic aren't I?:P Though if you could go to all 4 regions, I would be in a state of nostalgia, I mean, all those towns you've been into would have 3D graphics. I doubt that you could fit all that into the DS card of course.=/

Kao

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Hmm, I really don't like the blue on the trainer.. sure its just a screen shot but..
    Anyway can't wait for more news because we get to go though all this crazy waiting again!

JOY!

jk -___-

Years
    Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

There we have it.

It's Cyrus, thank god for the good image so certain people will shut up about it being the trainer wearing a blue hat.

Also, I wonder if Giratina's only showing up in that part as a "Back off..." type of situation, leaving the characters to say "What was that??" then you face him later on... He seems to be protecting Dialga and Palkia.

I'm also wondering if the Pokémon name and HP bar header will be that color (dark colored with a gold outline) for all battles, or if it'll be color coordinated during legendary fights, depending on what legendary you're fighting at the time.

Years
    Looks the same to me.. Just that Dialga and Palkia are pushed back to the little area behind where the one exclusive to Diamond or Pearl would be, with Giratina standing where they were before.

They're behind, on the little rectangle part where you can walk down and get the item that boosts the dragon of your version's abilities.

EDIT

Actually, it looks the same, just darker and the pillars pushed out to make room for Giratina.

It's extremely doubtful it's another dimension's version of Spear Pillar, it's more than likely just revamped for the new cutscene, they tweak little things like that in the extra game for whichever generation.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ok thats reasonable and no I dont go fine your right to everything I was like that in the other topic cause of my stubbornness. Also the pillars are pushed but its completely black if you look in the right hand corner. And that rock also had stairs leading to an item wheres that?

Years
    I think the black has a lot to do with Giratina's scariness.. (lol)

Boy though, they really did manage to make him look extremely creepy.

I revisited the area in my actual game, and I think that the theory of it just being altered to fit Giratina's new size is what's going on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The black is probably similar to the colour of the sky during the DP Dialga/Palkia cutscene.

And is it just me, or does the Giratina overworld 'sprite' look suspiciously like a 3D model?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well ok that could be true cause if it becomes origin form fully on map its the length from the shdow to that rock formation so that could be it. Or mabye like that for an event. But your is more reasonable. Also where do you think battle island would be. If you want heres a map to show where I think it would go for you to speculate.
    Sorry bout the gif graphics. It got like that when loaded.

Years
    They'll probably either expand the one we have outwards, making it bigger, or they'll make it an area that's not on the map, sorta like they did with the Battle Frontier in Emerald, leaving the Battle Island we have in tact, but changed around a bit.. like, the events would still be there, but probably not the Battle Tower.

That or they could change Battle Tower into a 100% WiFi Battle Tower and the Battle Island that they'd add in would be all in-game things.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah true. But what if like I read in a rumor the areas that they would change around abit would be changed to fit battle tents. Also battle towers are would be for something else cause not moving battle tower is like stark mountain with dialga. Also how do you think we would be able to check if dialga palkia is in the area? Would it be for dialga half the are or some patches of the area would be frozen in time. And for palkia the area is all broken with spacey stars on the ground ad everything. Also would you think they would hide to caves or go through warp-holes or something for finding them?

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    I hope the tutors would make a comeback, but it is highly doubtful as the old Emerald Tutor moves were converted into TMs, at least most of them. The three elemental punches and Curse are what I'm hoping for.

I actually don't really care about the altered storyline in the new game, but what effect it would have on the metagame. There is the origin form of Giratina, and maybe a new ability for Regigigas as speculated, Levitate.

That alone puts Regigigas as the 3rd most attack, tied with Slaking, below Rampardos and Deoxys-A. 100 base speed outspeeds the RSE legends, and Gigas gets the Normal type, which means only a Fighting weakness and STABed Return.
    I predict if the new Gigas form were to come out, it would be top-tier Uber as 110/110/110 ensures that Giratina/Lugia would not break a Sub with a bit of HP investment on Gigas' side, and EQ/Fire Punch ensures Meta doesn't get away, and Forry can't do much.

I'm more concerned about Regigigas than Giratina's new form, which there is currently not much information on. I think it will come out as something like Speed Deoxys (read: crappy, but still Uber =* )

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    Well that imagre throws my sprites out of the window. I'm making another set now and am going to try and rip these. If anyone ever gets a higher quality image, I'll definately try and rip the Giratina sprite!

EDIT: I'm also 99% sure you fight him at that point in the game. Looking at the HP Bar, it states it's level is 47: which is the same level at which you fight Dialga on Diamond and Palkia on Pearl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008
    After seeing those screenshots, this is what I think the trainer will looks like:
    Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

My verdict: if all of this info is true, then it looks like the best game yet. I was going to buy another Pearl so I could start over, but with this game, it looks like I needn't bother!

the backpack must be grey or sliver with a blue **** and a red cap/hat WHATEVER ITS CALLED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back