• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Wow, lets party, its official!! Now, all we need to do is wait for it to be released XD. I'm still curious about the wi-fi underground.. sounds interesting, awesome to! Will somebody also tell me how the new battle thingy is different from the current one? Everone seems to talk about it, don't know what it means, lol. And Wichu.. is that an official sprite, or did you just recolour it? I'm also getting a bit confused about all these dimensions and universes.. confuses me everytime!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon platinum page is a pcture I mean look:
    Official 3rd Game Information/F.A.Q.

And its named teaser 2_1,2_2,2_3. Wheres teaser 1?

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I wonder where it could be.. i lke the look of the new Spear Pillar, and the siloheutte of Giratina in front of Dilaga and Palkia.. but what about the legendary triangle of Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit? What if Dialga and Palkia did a sort of formation to counjer up Giratina? So many questions.. Still, i'm going to make sure that picture is on my computer, it's the thing which shows us it's real, and not just a rumour. And what are those splodges on the ground? A bit mysterious, if you ask me.. Still, it will be revealed, sooner or later.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Does this Purple background explain anything to us? I like the new battle screen, looks cool.. still wondering about those splodges are.. looks like paint, or maybe some sort of looming shadow.. looks dramatic at the Spear Pillar, i wonder how Team Galactic will be involved.. still, i'm eagerly awaiting its release.. looks more shadowy and dark. I never though of Giratina being anything significant, i thought it was basically just an extra legendary to keep us occupied.. now look at it! On the front of Pokémon Platinum.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I think the releases will be faster than D/P because they already translated the most things so they can copy it over to Platinum. I guess they have to translate just a few things and so the engl. release may not be April 2009 it'll be Christmas 2008 - Jan/Feb 2009

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Thank goodness, is all i can say! I'll buy it as soon as it comes out, and also means that people can ask for it for Christmas, if it's out before then. Can't wait, and i'll get loads of Pokémon from Pearl over to Platinum (if i can find another DS, of course!).. That'll be cool! Still eager to hear more about Platinum, and to know exactly EVERYTHING about it.. that's how i like to know stuff! Absolutely 100%!!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh no, people. What colour is the Platinum logo? Gold and silver. What colour is Lucus's bag? Silver. What colour will Dawn's bag be? Probably gold. Obviously, more evidence of a GS remake.

XD

Maybe all of the battle screens have been updated? I mean, I think that one looks a lot better than the ones from DP

I'll probably get an American version this time, I can't wait for the UK waiting for Europe anymore

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Kioshi said:
    I think the releases will be faster than D/P because they already translated the most things so they can copy it over to Platinum. I guess they have to translate just a few things and so the engl. release may not be April 2009 it'll be Christmas 2008 - Jan/Feb 2009

I think so too, but who knows what they'll do. *shrugs*

Oh no, people. What colour is the Platinum logo? Gold and silver. What colour is Lucus's bag? Silver. What colour will Dawn's bag be? Probably gold. Obviously, more evidence of a GS remake.

XD

Maybe all of the battle screens have been updated? I mean, I think that one looks a lot better than the ones from DP

I'll probably get an American version this time, I can't wait for the UK waiting for Europe anymore

Ahaha, more evidence of the remake's future arrival. :P

The battle scenes looks better then the D/P, agreed. Giratina will obviously play a huge part in the game, I wonder how the red chain is affected in the storyline though, maybe it's the same formula with Giratina, they might change that part of the storyline is all I'm saying.

I'll pro-order american, as much as I want to go and get a jap. copy somewhere. I don't know, I'll just pre-order this time. :) I'll have to earn the money this time around, mom won't be buying me any "POGEYMAN GAMES'' anymore. :P

darkcookie_93 said:
    Please no more johto remake posts even if sarcasm is in there only. we want it bu t probably wont happen

She was kidding around. Secondly, I suggest you follow the three line rule for this thread... =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Will somebody also tell me how the new battle thingy is different from the current one? Everone seems to talk about it, don't know what it means, lol. And Wichu.. is that an official sprite, or did you just recolour it?

The information box with the Pokémon's name and HP is changed.
    And if you mean the shiny sprite, it's not official, but I doubt they'd change the colours - I recoloured it with shiny normal form colours.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008

XD

it will probably have GSC pokemon but i dont think Platinum is going for the SGC remake , that would just be dumb XP

Years
    what would be really cool
    if there was this systeme, to put pokemon on the gts, but its not really a gts, its a box on wifi, that only other players can acess with a code, then take the pokemon
    so sorta like trading from one game to another if u have only 1 ds, or if u wanna share pokemon with your friends easily

like im pretty sure this wont happen
    im just imagining!! : D

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years

Oh i just thought of something really obvious.
    Giratina is probably JUST USING SHADOW FORCE in the picture, not floating.
    I'm pretty sure it makes the ground go away
    (And it learns it at level 40)

Last edited:

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years

Oh i just thought of something really obvious.
    Giratina is probably JUST USING SHADOW FORCE in the picture, not floating.
    I'm pretty sure it makes the ground go away
    (And it learns it at level 40)

I just thought of something really obvious too. The trainer wouldn't be there if Girantina was using shadow force.

Anywayz im not feeling so great about the possibility of there being a G/S remake. Emerald did ome out before Fr/Lg but then again Nintendo might actually break away from a pattern.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2008
    I just thought of something really obvious too. The trainer wouldn't be there if Girantina was using shadow force.

Anywayz im not feeling so great about the possibility of there being a G/S remake. Emerald did ome out before Fr/Lg but then again Nintendo might actually break away from a pattern.

guys cmon think maybe its the start of the battle and the trainer hasnt called out his pokemon or he just returnd it back to its pokeball and choosing a new one XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    guys cmon think maybe its the start of the battle and the trainer hasnt called out his pokemon or he just returnd it back to its pokeball and choosing a new one XD

the ground under the pokemon doesnt disappear when u change pokemon. cuz the platform under the trainer is still there, so why would giratina's disappear?
    obviously, giratina is doing something, because if you read giratinas name in the hiragana text in its hp box, then look at the second line of the info box, its the same, so we know giratina is doing something.

plus, the platform is there from the start of a battle. so it is during battle at some point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back