• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Cross Country and Track thread

No you fail

l to the o to the l
Years
  • Decided to make this thread since I didn't see another one like it.

A little background on myself I ran the 200,400,800, and mile for AAU track and made it to AAU nationals for track :3

I also ran the Two-Mile for AAU cross country and made it to nationals.

Right now I do 5k for cross country (duh) and 800, 1600, and 3200 for track.

If you like running feel free to post.

Guess I'll start off the discussion with Ammar Moussa's workout.

6 x mile at 4:55 each mile.

I tried to do this on soft sand and ended up doing constant 5:12-5:17 which I was happy with haha.

Last edited:

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Oh hey, I run cross country as well, for my high school :D

I'm trying to get my PR to around 19 minutes by the end of this season..

This is actually my first year doing cross country as a sport, and its pretty... exhausting to be honest -____-

Does anyone have tips for an aspiring runner?(i'm a freshman btw)

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • Oh hey, I run cross country as well, for my high school :D

I'm trying to get my PR to around 19 minutes by the end of this season..

This is actually my first year doing cross country as a sport, and its pretty... exhausting to be honest -____-

Does anyone have tips for an aspiring runner?(i'm a freshman btw)

I'm a freshman too haha :D

19 is actually a pretty good PR for a new freshman.

On a side note I read Ammar Moussa's newest journal entry and he's somehow managed to bump his workout up. https://ca.milesplit.com/articles/53273

A few quick tips would be always work on your core and don't miss practices.

Do this along with trying your best at practice and you can be in low 17's like myself :)

Years
  • I started running track in my High School last year. I participated in the 200, 400, and once an 800. I prefer running 200 and 400s though.

I really enjoyed it and I am planning on doing it again this winter for the indoor season.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • I started running track in my High School last year. I participated in the 200, 400, and once an 800. I prefer running 200 and 400s though.

I really enjoyed it and I am planning on doing it again this winter for the indoor season.

I've never been able to do well in anything less than the 800 lol.

800, 1600, and 3200 are where I excel at. Mostly the 1600 is my best though.

I can't really sprint fast enough to do a sprinting event so I stick to distance.

At AAU track nationals a few years ago I got all-american in the 800.

I really haven't done that much indoor track though.

Years
  • I've never been able to do well in anything less than the 800 lol.

800, 1600, and 3200 are where I excel at. Mostly the 1600 is my best though.

I can't really sprint fast enough to do a sprinting event so I stick to distance.

At AAU track nationals a few years ago I got all-american in the 800.

I really haven't done that much indoor track though.

Ha, its the opposite for me. Over 800 I have trouble with. I stick with the sprinting.

I did spring outdoor last year, this is going to be my first season indoors.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I'm a freshman too haha :D

19 is actually a pretty good PR for a new freshman.

On a side note I read Ammar Moussa's newest journal entry and he's somehow managed to bump his workout up. https://ca.milesplit.com/articles/53273

A few quick tips would be always work on your core and don't miss practices.

Do this along with trying your best at practice and you can be in low 17's like myself :)

Oh really? You must be pretty fast xD

I see.. Well, I have practice EVERYDAY, so it kinda sucks, but I understand its to keep us in shape since were in season, haha.

Honestly, I think I've been doing pretty good so far :D

I MIGHT think about joining track. I'm more of a distance runner though :/

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years

• Oh really? You must be pretty fast xD

I see.. Well, I have practice EVERYDAY, so it kinda sucks, but I understand its to keep us in shape since were in season, haha.

Honestly, I think I've been doing pretty good so far :D

I MIGHT think about joining track. I'm more of a distance runner though :/

I have practice everyday too :P

Track is a good way to stay in shape in in between cross country season if you do the 3200.

Back