• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Okay please stop talking like you know how many emblems there are. Honestly. If you saw the amount of emblems in the emblem cp, you'd be surprised. The staff ego ones are THE MINORITY.

Plus, can't we have fun having our own emblems, considering we give them out to everyone that asks, which is only fair, right?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Maybe make an emblem for an outstanding newbie? Someone who just joins and automatically is trying to help around the community or is just pleasant about making lots of friends?

This would actually be something I would like to see. Since I tend to hang around NU/W, I see the rare gems gleaming amongst the rest of the granite once in awhile and think "Wow. This person needs to be told how awesome they are somehow." I generally end up talking to the ones I am really impressed by *coughErufuuncoughMiss Doronjocough*, but I just think they should have something extra-special. :3

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

Okay please stop talking like you know how many emblems there are. Honestly. If you saw the amount of emblems in the emblem cp, you'd be surprised. The staff ego ones are THE MINORITY.

Plus, can't we have fun having our own emblems, considering we give them out to everyone that asks, which is only fair, right?

I didn't say you couldn't have your own fun. If you look at my post again and read it thoroughly you'll see that I encouraged the use of ego emblems.
    The only criticisms I had was that I felt that there looks to be absolutely no meaning behind them to the rest of the community, and the staff doesn't seem to spread around the emblems to regular users as much as to themselves.. thus defeating the purpose of them, really.

For example.. loliwin is a great member who hasn't even gotten a single emblem despite almost always using "XD" after their posts.. ._. So why not award them with the according emblem, for example? I know you guys aren't gonna hunt down members for the sole purpose of giving them emblems but I still feel like loliwin is a prominent enough member to deserve at least something for a good contribution on PC.

Maybe I assumed that there were so many because the profiles of the people I visited either had 1 or 2 emblems from participation.. or the profile had like 3 or 4 of these "ego" ones mashed with a bunch of other emblems ._. and it was surprising.
    That's just how I feel. I'm sorry if it upset you.. like I said.. I don't actually know the total number of emblems which is why I felt like a mini glossary of them would've been cool (and keeping some emblems secret hehe)..
    :C But yeah.. I dunno.. before you jump the gun on me.. reread what I say and please don't jump to conclusions that I'm trying to take your fun away when I said that it wasn't my intention.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    (i do think 25 is a pretty big number, even in comparison to 400)

anyway kura's not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just rightfully noting the pointlessness of vague emblems and how elitist it seems to give them out on a personal basis. i agree with her, and it's not really a big deal i just feel like i don't see enough people get recognized for their positive contributions to the community, because although there might be a thousand other productive emblems in the background it SEEMS like those fun personal emblems overshadow them. but that's just me, maybe i'm not paying close enough attention...i'd just like to see members valued for their virtues rather than their popularity.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just want to point out that if you don't understand the ego emblems, look at the name and look at some mods (ex mods in some cases) previous usernames, and then you will understand what that's for (Popwar's Bunnies = Popwar Bunny, Klippy's old username. Telling you the mystery behind that emblem isn't a big deal because no one else is ever going to receive it). And Knight of Hyrule isn't an ego emblem, idk why you grouped it with them. But you know, not everyone can be a feature majorette, be fierce, manipulate a certain someone into giving you his goodies, etc. It's more of a special thing than elitist thing when it comes to my personal emblem.

For example.. loliwin is a great member who hasn't even gotten a single emblem despite almost always using "XD" after their posts.. ._. So why not award them with the according emblem, for example? I know you guys aren't gonna hunt down members for the sole purpose of giving them emblems but I still feel like loliwin is a prominent enough member to deserve at least something for a good contribution on PC.

I never notice him, so hey, there are probably other staff members that don't notice either. Like I said, we tend to forget about emblems. I know I do. So when I see someone posting XD after everything, it's not gonna cross my mind to give him the XD emblem. But like I said, they're just novelty things that shouldn't be taken seriously.

anyway kura's not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just rightfully noting the pointlessness of vague emblems and how elitist it seems to give them out on a personal basis. i agree with her, and it's not really a big deal i just feel like i don't see enough people get recognized for their positive contributions to the community, because although there might be a thousand other productive emblems in the background it SEEMS like those fun personal emblems overshadow them. but that's just me, maybe i'm not paying close enough attention...i'd just like to see members valued for their virtues rather than their popularity.

I will have to say I'm guilty of remembering my personal emblem before I remember the others. But even still, doesn't mean I'm giving out one. I forget that they're even there.

But it's all just for fun, as with the other emblems. None of them are meant to be taken seriously. And to be honest, I actually forget about emblems a lot of the time. They're just a novelty, and I think to post comment more often than to give away an emblem for something. It's just how people obsess over them that makes me not want to give one away ever again.

Not trying to sound mean, just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • anyway kura's not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just rightfully noting the pointlessness of vague emblems and how elitist it seems to give them out on a personal basis. i agree with her, and it's not really a big deal i just feel like i don't see enough people get recognized for their positive contributions to the community, because although there might be a thousand other productive emblems in the background it SEEMS like those fun personal emblems overshadow them. but that's just me, maybe i'm not paying close enough attention...i'd just like to see members valued for their virtues rather than their popularity.

:C Poopnoodle.. you always seem to turn my TLDRs into a few lines of text to summarize what I'm trying to say perfectly.. haha.. it's kinda scary how I'm on the same page as you..

But yeah.. it isn't a big deal.. I just brought up what I saw and some ideas about emblems.. no need to throw it out of proportion and think I'm trying to take away people's fun :C..

Sydian: I didn't know about klippy's thing @_@ Or the hyrule thing.. which is why the directory about emblems would be helpful.. haha..
    Or if the directory is a no go.. it'd be nice if we were allowed to PM mods or something to consider emblems for other members like what I just did with loliwin for example.
    Just something I thought I'd throw out there :3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sydian: I didn't know about klippy's thing @_@ Or the hyrule thing.. which is why the directory about emblems would be helpful.. haha..
    Or if the directory is a no go.. it'd be nice if we were allowed to PM mods or something to consider emblems for other members like what I just did with loliwin for example.

I just used it as an example. Those ego emblems are usually relevant to a username or obsession the staff member has. And with that said, these emblems are supposed to be riddles in their own; figure out what they mean, figure out how to get them. If they were too obvious, there would be no mystery and fun. :<

Anyway, I am in favor of the PM idea though.

The personal emblems are there to say "thanks for being my friend". The personal emblems are there to say "you're a close friend to me". The personal emblems are there to say "I like you". Is there anything really wrong with that? That's what I usually associate personal emblems with, and since I defined the purpose of the personal emblems, yeah, they sort of do have a meaning as well as the rest of the emblems.

This.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just saying that if there is someone you think deserves an emblem just PM me and I'll look into it.

(And if Jake gets me to give out any other emblems today then I'll consider giving it to loliwin, too)

On that note: If I missed anyone who participated in the Skype Haunt, lemme know, cause I only went by Don/Mervyn's lists.

...I'm one of the only staff members that still cares about emblems. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    :C Poopnoodle.. you always seem to turn my TLDRs into a few lines of text to summarize what I'm trying to say perfectly.. haha.. it's kinda scary how I'm on the same page as you..

lol :S we seem to be on the same page inordinately often xD

@Sydian, yeah- i keep hearing emblems aren't meant to be taken seriously from staff now, i really assumed otherwise because i figured emblems probably take some toll on the server thus should have some sort of use (presumably to encourage good things of members here) but it seems they aren't as serious as i originally thought. anyway, neither me nor kura are trying to be party poopers- im not going to tell you how to do yer jobz n stuff, i guess you can just take our thoughts as suggestions to further utilize the emblem system.

Tl;dr stop taking the issue more than it needs to go, get over it, and just enjoy emblems for what they are.

come on now, no one's getting mad over anything as we've clarified how" it's not a big deal" several times. :/ no need to be so condescending

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Less than that. Significantly less. It was a huge error on my part, because if I were to say that there were 25 ego emblems, then that would mean almost every staff member would have one, which isn't necessarily true for the most part(at least to me). I'd say there's less than....i dunno...15 or so? That's a pretty small number, you've gotta admit, even in comparison to 400.

I was gonna reply to Kura's quote, but I have something general I'd like to say to: Guys, stop getting on the staff's cases.

The most basic thing anyone should know about receiving emblems(that are not event-related) is that they're usually given out when a staff members actually feels like that particular member is worthy of that emblem. You guys are particularly acting like the staff MUST give out recognition emblems. .__. I'm probably misunderstanding something here, but guys, emblems are something fun and enjoyable to have, I honestly don't understand why people complain about them and just don't enjoy the fun aspect about them.

The personal emblems are there to say "thanks for being my friend". The personal emblems are there to say "you're a close friend to me". The personal emblems are there to say "I like you". Is there anything really wrong with that? That's what I usually associate personal emblems with, and since I defined the purpose of the personal emblems, yeah, they sort of do have a meaning as well as the rest of the emblems.

Tl;dr stop taking the issue more than it needs to go, get over it, and just enjoy emblems for what they are. If someone doesn't get a particular emblem that's not event-related, don't blame the staff for it. It's probably because that user didn't stick out too much, or the staff member didn't see that particular person worthy of it. Keep note that some staff members dislike giving out emblems. There are many other factors that come through with this; staff members are not really obligated to have personal emblems nor are they obligated to even give out emblems, so it's kinda pointless to me complaining about something the staff really doesn't have to do.

:C If you read what I wrote, I said I never wanted to take the fun out of it or I never wanted them to stop doing mod-emblems.. I just noticed that they seem to be given out more than other ones is all..
    :3 I think it's kind of nice that mods give a little reminder to each other that they appreciate a member for being their friend, though.
    But.. All I said earlier was that an explaination would be nice.. but I can take Sydian's post into account for the fact that most of them are riddles which, perhaps, I misunderstood earlier.

:C So Sydian, maybe it'd be cool that the first post in this thread be edited to include the fact that a lot of emblems that members see around are riddles and part of the fun would be to decipher them.. because, to be honest, I didn't get that from going around and reading them @_@ Like I wouldn't even know how to decipher "I gave you a cookie but I ated it" one.. but I understand that that one in particular is just for fun and games hahaha.. Maybe I'm an odd case but yeah.. since some emblems are really straightforward, I didn't get that those other ones were supposed to be riddles.

I'm glad, at least, you're considering my PM idea :C.. I don't sound like a complete crazy person on here. Cause I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to do so since they stress in the first post that those 3 emblems are the only ones members can request.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • :C So Sydian, maybe it'd be cool that the first post in this thread be edited to include the fact that a lot of emblems that members see around are riddles and part of the fun would be to decipher them.. because, to be honest, I didn't get that from going around and reading them @_@ Like I wouldn't even know how to decipher "I gave you a cookie but I ated it" one.. but I understand that that one in particular is just for fun and games hahaha.. Maybe I'm an odd case but yeah.. since some emblems are really straightforward, I didn't get that those other ones were supposed to be riddles.

I'm glad, at least, you're considering my PM idea :C.. I don't sound like a complete crazy person on here. Cause I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to do so since they stress in the first post that those 3 emblems are the only ones members can request.

The editing of the first post can be discussed with whoever made this thread (gee, I don't even know). As for PMing, just note that I'm always open to a PM emblem suggestion, provided I get a link to the user that should get said emblem. I have yet to figure out the cookie emblem myself. lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ To that, the PM idea is for suggestion by other members for emblems for someone else. Just wanna clarify. And it won't be a surefire thing if someone gets the emblem, because the staff member that would be giving the emblem would have to make sure it should be given to the user.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • blunt and honest =/= condescending. You're misinterpreting the tone of my post. Sure, I was slightly annoyed, but you must understand why. They're just emblems and nothing more than that, yet people still make a huge issue out of them. :\

I don't see how they're given out more than other emblems, really. In all honestly, to me, they're probably the least given emblems, if anything. For example, you(not personally)'re better off getting any other emblems than attempting to get a personal emblems. Staff members can quite easily tell the difference between someone that's friending them just for emblems and genuine friends.

That's true.. and I agree with you wholly on the friending bit.. but like I said.. I personally feel that they are being given out more.. and yes I realize that we disagree on this.. however, what I do hope you realize is that my intention wasn't to make a huge issue on the emblems, but just to raise an opinion and a point of view on them.
    I personally don't think poopnoodle was being condescending, and I just think that you're also misinterpreting the tone of my post because I agree with you in the fact that they're just emblems and aren't a big deal :X

So as silly as the topic is, I just think we as members should be allowed to voice an opinion on them once in a while and be considered... even if you don't agree with us 100% just hear us out ._.

Sydian: Thanks ._. Perhaps the whole "PMing a mod to recommend an emblem to another member for staff CONSIDERATION" thing can be implimented into the first post too? Just a suggestion to inform other/ future members.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    blunt and honest =/= condescending. You're misinterpreting the tone of my post. Sure, I was slightly annoyed, but you must understand why. They're just emblems and nothing more than that, yet people still make a huge issue out of them. :\
    the thing is, no one is making a big deal out of this issue. we're entitled to express our opinion of the system just as you are, and telling people who are being perfectly calm basically to chill out does come off as condescending, yes :s just remember that for every one standpoint presented in CQ&F is several others who agree but don't speak up about it, and the level of importance of emblems vary from person to person. i personally see how others could feel confused or left out by some of the personal emblems given out, and while you've been a member of this community long enough to understand the light-heartedness of emblems, not everyone sees them that way. mine and kura's thoughts are perfectly valid, and although obviously not a priority because emblems aren't srs bsns, i think ought to be considered for those who DO see emblems as serious business and DO appreciate being recognized for their positive contributions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    It may possibly come off as condescending, but you're probably the person that's misunderstanding it that way. And by the way, I just said to get over the issue. I didn't say to "calm down" or anything like that. I said to stop taking the issue further than it needs to be, because honestly it's something insignificant(not saying your opinion is, I hate being misinterpreted again, but the whole concept of complaining about emblems is). I'm quite an honest person, you must understand, so if something comes out thats "mean" or "condescending", then I apologize, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat my views or anything like that.

And you didn't read my post about the whole moderator situation again. :\ As I said, it's the moderator's decision whether they want to give out their emblems or not. They are not, in any way whatsoever, obligated to give out their emblems. Note that I'm not belittling you or Kura's views(I hate that, really), but I'm just personally saying that it's just making a mountain out of a molehill. You don't necessarily have to angry or mad for that statement to be true, it's just so much as something being carried so far than it's really mean to be.

note that, while you feel misinterpreted, i dont know about kura but i feel a bit misinterpreted too. im sorry if you feel i'm trying to censor your honesty, i don't mean to do that- i just want to defend my stance, i don't mean to annoy you.

i don't think i'm making a mountain out of a molehill at all, you might think emblems aren't a big deal but some people do. i'm actually one of those people- although i don't pay attention to emblems, i won't accept any unless i feel i've earned them. i don't expect you to interpret the emblem system the same way as i do. as i've said, staff can take our opinions as a suggestion to further utilize the system; however, i don't expect fulfillment of these views. just because you feel this situation doesn't need any further addressing doesn't mean there aren't several members who do feel a certain way about the system, and i feel we're all entitled to make compromises with each other based on that, regardless of the issues' gravity.

i didn't say anything about moderator accountability, but our opinions can be used as something for moderators to consider in case they hadn't thought of things our way when they're creating/handing emblems out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm too tired to read the tl;drs up there, but answering TSO's Question: I would assume that you would tell the Mod that the Emblem is related to (if it's related to a section). If it doesn't relate to any section, I would then assume it would be any mod that might be willing to give the emblem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back