• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • Go me for reading all of those tl;dr posts.

Anyway, just to clarify a few things, and keeping it short, I'm just going to list a few things for everyone to know.

→ Staff emblems each have their own reasons. It isn't just given out to friends - I myself don't give my emblem out to solely just friends as there are people I've rarely talked to or know that have my emblem and people I talk to a lot, but they don't have it either. So, each staff member gives out their emblem for their own individual reasons. It's just one of those emblems made for the fun of it. These should not be taken seriously.

Note on the cookie emblem, that belongs to a certain Site Administrator. :3 I don't know his reasons for giving it, but again, he has his own reasons I'm sure. For instance I was the first to get that emblem GO ME! just for being the only Super Mod on at the time.

So, talk about reasons, that emblem along with other staff ego emblems can be for anything. XD

→ There is no rule in the book do we even have a book? that says members cannot PM any member of the staff and suggest a specific emblem for another member within reason. The staff member can then look into it and give the call of whether they deserve it or not.

To me, I encourage this! Staff members won't catch every single member who is deserving of certain emblems. Heck, I don't even catch members too much and say, "Oh! I should give them X Emblem." So, I would encourage members in doing so. If anything, it'll at least give purpose to emblems, allow more emblems to be handed out, and actually give further meaning to the word "community."

→ As far as the extended list of emblems go, let's just say staff is a bit preoccupied at the moment, but when Erica [Lightning] starts getting active again, I'll talk to her more about implementing the list and give explanation of those hard to decipher emblems that even some staff members are confused about ourselves.

Lastly, lots not make this whole emblem situation too much of a big thing. Emblems are here for the benefit of enjoyment and fun. We really wouldn't like to see them removed. So, let's hope this explanation helped some along with everything that was mentioned before.

So much for this being kept short. >_>;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Go me for reading all of those tl;dr posts.

Anyway, just to clarify a few things, and keeping it short, I'm just going to list a few things for everyone to know.

→ Staff emblems each have their own reasons. It isn't just given out to friends - I myself don't give my emblem out to solely just friends as there are people I've rarely talked to or know that have my emblem and people I talk to a lot, but they don't have it either. So, each staff member gives out their emblem for their own individual reasons. It's just one of those emblems made for the fun of it. These should not be taken seriously.

Note on the cookie emblem, that belongs to a certain Site Administrator. :3 I don't know his reasons for giving it, but again, he has his own reasons I'm sure. For instance I was the first to get that emblem GO ME! just for being the only Super Mod on at the time.

So, talk about reasons, that emblem along with other staff ego emblems can be for anything. XD

→ There is no rule in the book do we even have a book? that says members cannot PM any member of the staff and suggest a specific emblem for another member within reason. The staff member can then look into it and give the call of whether they deserve it or not.

To me, I encourage this! Staff members won't catch every single member who is deserving of certain emblems. Heck, I don't even catch members too much and say, "Oh! I should give them X Emblem." So, I would encourage members in doing so. If anything, it'll at least give purpose to emblems, allow more emblems to be handed out, and actually give further meaning to the word "community."

→ As far as the extended list of emblems go, let's just say staff is a bit preoccupied at the moment, but when Erica [Lightning] starts getting active again, I'll talk to her more about implementing the list and give explanation of those hard to decipher emblems that even some staff members are confused about ourselves.

Lastly, lots not make this whole emblem situation too much of a big thing. Emblems are here for the benefit of enjoyment and fun. We really wouldn't like to see them removed. So, let's hope this explanation helped some along with everything that was mentioned before.

So much for this being kept short. >_>;

It sums it up as short as it can be.. and I agree with all of this, so yeah @_@ I think my biggest beef was that I saw people around that I felt deserved some emblems (like the XD one) but I didn't want to PM staff about it because I was under the impression that the only request-able emblems were the pairing one, the supporter one, and the veteran one..
    ._. And I didn't want to break any rules.

Now that it's made clearer I'll be sure to remember that :3
    @_@ I think this whole issue was about clarity haha.. but I'm glad it's all summed up and everything was taken into account.

I appreciate it and I'm sure a few other members do, too :3 So thanks, Hiiro!

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I'm kinda curious if it's possible to establish a sort of request for emblem consideration system...not for others, but for yourself. Perhaps where you could post here or PM a staff member and ask them to look over any recent activity and decide if you deserve any emblems. It's not like you're asking for any specific emblem...just asking to be 'updated' you know.

I see a lot of people who feel like some people get more emblems than others around here and I think being able to request consideration once in a while would sort of help staff find people who might have been missed...or otherwise not noticed because they're just not quite as widely known or as widely seen on the forums.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm kinda curious if it's possible to establish a sort of request for emblem consideration system...not for others, but for yourself. Perhaps where you could post here or PM a staff member and ask them to look over any recent activity and decide if you deserve any emblems. It's not like you're asking for any specific emblem...just asking to be 'updated' you know.

I see a lot of people who feel like some people get more emblems than others around here and I think being able to request consideration once in a while would sort of help staff find people who might have been missed...or otherwise not noticed because they're just not quite as widely known or as widely seen on the forums.

As much as I like that idea I can see major problems for it ._. For example.. people posting XD on purpose after everything for the sole purpose of getting the emblem and not because of how they actually post @___@

Otherwise I could've easily requested TLDR and Drama Queen emblems.. but I'm not doing it for wanting to be labelled.. @_@ That's just how I post, I guess... hahaha..

Though it would be a nice idea ;_; Maybe the mods can find a compromise and figure out something better than either our ideas?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well I could think of several emblems I probably deserve myself...but that doesn't mean I deserve them after all. 'Tis why I'd like to see some system that allows you to request some discussion and consideration among staff.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

I like the idea, but it won't work as the staff would just get floods of PMs asking to look over various members activities, it would just cause to much extra work.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I like the idea, but it won't work as the staff would just get floods of PMs asking to look over various members activities, it would just cause to much extra work.

It could work, well, to me, it isn't too much of a hassle because I like PMs because I'd be fine seeing whether people are suitable for any emblem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's for those who posted in The Halloween Chat thread. :)

(And yes I... might have made it sound intentionally confusing? :D)

Mikami

Anti-Hero
    Years
  • I was just awarded the N-blem Emblem and is quite content with it. I'm satisfied that I got it through all my hard work of being a new member. Well..I doubt that's how you get it, but I'm glad I got it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Why are people making a big fuss over some pixels?
    Seriously, it doesn't matter no?
    I doesn't even take having any emblems to heart&. I've got 2 now.
    Come on folks, we're here to have fun, to talk and be crazy about Pokemons, not to care about what rewards we can get here, because the most rewarding thing about Pokecommunity? It's friendship with Pokemon fans from all over the world, no?

Like a catalog of sorts? Staff could literally make an index sticky thread that lists all the possible emblems, but not how to obtain them, if that makes sense.

Just my two cents.

I second Live's opinion :)
    It'll do a lot of goods if we know what emblems there are around.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Only problem with that is that people will know all the emblems and will be trying really hard to get them and that'll be an annoyance, because it's easy to tell when someone is trying too hard.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Um, I just got a Togetherer Emblem. But, wasn't I supposed to get it back in August ? Cause I didn't host an event this Halloween.
    I'm quite confused about this. Is this just a new Emblem made after the Get-Together, or just because someone forgot about me ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hiroshi Sotomura actually took a few extra months to upload it. He actually did state he'd give the Togetherer ones out when the Haunt was over and those ones were uploaded~

Years

• Come on folks, we're here to have fun, to talk and be crazy about Pokemons, not to care about what rewards we can get here, because the most rewarding thing about Pokecommunity? It's friendship with Pokemon fans from all over the world, no?

LOL!

Well, people are always going to want to be 'the best'. Just think of the emblems as pokemon; "Gotta' catch them all."

Mikami

Anti-Hero
    Years
  • Why try hard, why try at all? Just accept it and leave it as it, be happy that you go it and move on, is what i say. If you are willing to bend that way and try to get specific ones then who knows you make or may not get them. The se best part it is getting them at random even when you didn't do anything to deserve it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • It's not a crime to want emblems...or even specific emblems.

When it's all said and done, emblems turn out to be pointless and detrimental to the community if the staff is simply too stingy with them. If they refuse to give someone an emblem just because they're trying too hard...that's hardly fair. I say give anyone the emblem they justly worked for so long as they meet the requirements for it. In the end people will be happier if they can get a decent number of emblems under their belt.

Sometimes you just WANT an emblem because it's something you see in yourself, or want for your self. There isn't a crime in that. :<

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Nothing is wrong with wanting an emblem, nor is nothing wrong in trying to earn specific emblems for yourself. Some people make it goals to try and get them. Word from the wise though, don't try and make yourself look obvious.

Frankly, and I speak for most of the staff, we sometimes do actually forget about the emblems system. That said, we don't go stalking members every time to see if they deserve an emblem. If emblems were handed out left and right everyday, then a majority of those active on PC would have them, and it just wouldn't be as unique. From time to time staff will remember if they see a member and say, "Oh hey, they sure are/do ____ a lot" and they'll award it. But you can't expect us to do it all the time when there are other important things to handle which take priority.

Again, emblems aren't the biggest deal. They are more of a privileged to have than a right. So, just enjoy them, and go for the surprise. In other words, don't let this seem like the biggest thing in the world for you. ):

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just want to pop in and say that complaints like these are just a good reason to take away the emblem system. With staff biased on giving them away, members constantly pleading for them, etc. it's a fault of both staff and other members and if we keep up with this recent approach we've had towards them, then we might as well not have them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back