• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Official] HG/SS Shiny Thread

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I've caught many shinies in my games, but never have I caught one in an emulator version. I was running to Mt. Silver when I found this:

[Official] HG/SS Shiny Thread

And what luck! Adamant and 31 Attack IVs!

Definitely my best shiny yet!

BTW, some text is in English because I have an English patch for my HG.
    Congratulations on the Shiny Donphan. You're definitely lucky it came with 31 IVs in attack; might do you soom good in competitive battles. Not to mention, it's an Adamant so you're all the more lucky on this catch.

I got a gold rattata it was my first ever shiny excluding the red Gyarados
    To be honest, I've never liked the Shiny version of Rattata, but because it was your first Shiny catch ever besides the Red Gyarados then I've got to give my props. Seeing as how HG/SS wasn't given the PokéRadar and the chances now of finding a Shiny within are based upon luck, then hope you have a blast with it. ;) Knowing me and my luck, once I start playing the English version after its release, I doubt I might come across any random Shiny Pokémon. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    The only other shiny besides the red gyarados in a game was also in gold and it was a blue unown. At first I didnt realize exactly what it was, then after i caught it i saw the three stars when looking at it stats and was like wow, its a shiny.

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
  • I noticed that wild shinies in Gold/Silver are hard to regognize...
    I saw a shiny Smeargle (in 2nd generation,. shiny Smeargles had green tails instead of red).
    I didn`t saw the shiny animation. I thought : "Is this a shiny?".
    You know what I`ve done? I killed it and searched for other Smeargles...after 10 Smeargles with red tails I thought "Oh no...I killed a shiny O_o".
    Hey, I was just 7 years old when I saw that one.
    But yeah, I could tell you many stories...I met many shinies in different versions :P
    I`ll may list them (if somebody is interested in...but I guess not :D).

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Congratulations on the Shiny Donphan. You're definitely lucky it came with 31 IVs in attack; might do you soom good in competitive battles. Not to mention, it's an Adamant so you're all the more lucky on this catch.

Yeah, woulda helped a heck of a lot it wasn't on an emulator and that I don't have an R4 or AR or something to transfer it to my Platinum.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    i probably came across some shiny pokemon in the original g/s/c and didn't realize it. now i cant find one worth a crap. >=(

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    aside from the obvious Gyarados this is a list of shinies I have caught

Sentret
    Metapod
    Totodile(It only took me 4 attempts at this)
    Suicune (my most favourite shiny legend 1st attempt and it was shiny)
    Kyogre (Took me forever to get a shiny one)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Oh come on! :(
    I`ve written 10 minutes about the shines I`ve caught and now the text is gone due to database fail! :(

I know what you mean. I also had a post.

I have since started a new game, so it doesn't matter, but still.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    First shiny was a grimer in pokemon mansion but i didnt know whwt a shiny was so i killed it.
    Second shiny was a poochyena, on an emulator.
    Third shiny was in the safari zone, it was a dodu.
    Fourth shiny was a geo dude in Mt. Moon.
    And last shiny was last week. In Granite cave on my Emerald. It was a Makuhita!
    I seem to have some luck with shinies. Hope you all luck on you shiny adventures!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I found a shiny sentret but i didnt have any pokeballs >.<
    That has happened to me before, where I encountered a shiny and either didn't have any Pokéballs with me at the time or I didn't have enough to capture it. Since then, I've learned to stock up on these needed items because with HeartGold and SoulSilver you can only find a shiny by luck and chance (except for the encountered Red Gyarados). Therefore, you'll need to be ready if you get a lucky feeling.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2012
    I just caught a green golbat in Soul Silver.. and I never expected it to have his shiny color when following you. Also.. everything about this golbat is awesome, 28 attack iv, 23 hp iv, good defences. I was planning on getting a crobat anyway and now it'll be pink

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2009
    cool im sring for shiny starter im about 1500 now and im relly bored hah lol

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • @lucario072
    Yesterday that happened to me too! I came across a shiny slowpoke (which i really liked ... it was kinda saturated pink) until i found out that i don't have any pokeballs left ... and i didn't want to use my masterball :/

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Well, after eleven years of playing Pokémon, managing to get the Pokérus whenever possible and STILL never find a shiny, I encountered my first today.
    It's a Machop. And thank goodness it's male. Female Machokes/Machamps creep me the hell out.

And I had one great ball on me. Level 14, and my entire team was at Level 24.
    But I got him! I named him Karate-san, for the cheesy.

Back