• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryJirachi

Pokémon Master
    Years
    Shiny Geodude Lv. 5 (Union Cave)

I was EV training my Beldum when I ran into a Geodude. When I looked carefully, I noticed it was gold in color. There was probably two explanations: the game is experiencing some technical difficulties or the fact that (holy ----!) I just ran into a 1 in 8192 chance of encountering an altered colored Geodude. I was thrilled when it was captured in a Luxary Ball. Now I need someone to trade with me so that my EV trained Graveler can evolve into Golem. Too bad I don't have Wi-Fi unless I go to the library on selected days.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    If I were to go find 8192 of a species of pokemon, would I be garunteed to find one shiny?
    No, each Pokemon you encounter has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

So, the first one would have a 1/8192 chance, the second would also have a 1/8192 chance, etc. You're never guaranteed one.

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
    Years
    i was just grinding away at mt silver and i just came across a blue ponyta. I was like WTF i can believe it lol caught and sitting in my pc atm

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    In fire red I found, and caught, a shiny Ryhorn in the safari zone, which I evolved, and I could have got a shiny Ryperior if I hadn't started a new game :O

Years
    Still SRing for a shiny starter. I've been at it for a week and I'm pretty sure I'm over 1,200 SRs by now, since I didn't start counting until the middle of the week. Thankfully, I don't have band camp again until Monday so I can get some consistent time in on this. Hopefully, I'll have one by the end of the weekend. =]

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    Just caught a shiny Girafarig on Route 43. First shiny I have caught on a Pokemon game! (Not counting Red Gyarados) :D

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    saw a shiny zigzagoon with hoenn sound. Wierd cause the only shiny i ve ever encountered outside of this one was a zigzagoon in Ruby.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back