• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I still have no shinies on my SS game :(
    I might breed for a shiny cyndaquil, that sounds appealing right about now...

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    So, I was swimming out to fight the red gyarados

I got attacked by a shiny magikarp. fmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfmlfml.

This EXACT thing happened to me.

Of all the pokemon, I find a shiny Magikarp...sweet.

I guess I could have two red Gyarados...lol

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    I haven't encountered a wild shiny ever in my countless hours of play..
    Am I cursed or what ?..

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    I found a voltorb once, but I mistaked it as a glitch, and killed it. :/

But once I learned about shinies, I found a shiny geodude! ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Found a shiny Tangela in Mt. Silver. Thought it was a glitch at first but when I saw the stars sparkle around it I realized what it was and just went ''OMFG IT'S A SHINY!!!'' First time I find a shiny ever since I started playing pokemon (started with Red). I caught it and it's now an epic Tangrowth with a great enhancing nature. :D also got the Shiny crown for it lol.

Tyler Carmine

Poke'mon Master
    Years
    Saw and caught my first Shiny Poke'Mon

Well, yesterday I was training just below Blackthorn city in dark cave. A wild Zubat Female appeared.

It was green! I had to do a doubletake on this one because I was so suprised. I looked at it's beauty for a moment then threw a great ball at her and caught her right away!

In all my years of playing Silver, Gold, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and SoulSilver, this is the first time i've ever encountered a shiny Poke'mon! That's how rare they are dang!

I don't count my Red Gyarados because thats basically a freebie.

Last edited:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Congrats on catching your first shiny pokemon! :P
    I always thought Crobat was one of the coolest looking shinies.

I dislike your choices of nicknames, though.
    Try something original instead of lame pothead lulz. They don't look or sound cool.
    Also, if you decide to evolve it into a Crobat (don't see why you wouldn't) it won't be green anymore, but pink.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    my first shiny in 10 years was a grimer :)
    Im also trying to get all non legendary pokemon in their shiny forms.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I found my first wild shiny in My Pearl game, it was a Budew, but I want paying attention and burnt it which kinda bugged me. But then, when I was playing SoulSilver the first time round, i somehow managed to find a shiny weedle. I was like; "What the?! WHy couldn't it have been a Pokemon I would gladly use! Not some crazy bug pokemon." But I've been using it a bit now.

I'm glad I managed to catch it. I can say I'm happy.

Years
    I caught a shiny kakuna today. Almost didn't manage it though as I only went into the grass by accident while I was hatching eggs, the only pokemon I had with me was my lv.55 Dragonite and I hadn't stocked up on pokeballs for ages, I just managed to catch it with my very last one.
    I'm training her up now, already evolved into beedrill.

It makes up for the shiny pineco that used selfdestruct in my last file.

Last edited:

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I got lucky at the start of my game <: I found a shiny pidgey outside Violet City. Named it Persephone.

Later on I found a shiny Drowzee outside Goldenrod. Can't decide on a name though, any thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back