• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikeboy4

"Victory"
    Years
    My first shiny was a shiny Floatzel in the safari zone, I was able to throw eight safai ball before it fled. That was my first ever ingame shiny besides Gyarados.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
    Just found a shiny ditto while running back from Goldenrod to Ecruteak on my SS.

@LoveBellas
    Is there any kind of technique to get a shiny in SS/HG? Ive never seen/caught one before and i want to try and i need some advice on how to go about it. Thanks.

Try the foreign ditto masuda method technique. Increases chance of shiny quite a lot.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I got a shiny Bellsprout right before I entered the town for the first gym badge.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    In the middle of another shiny hunt on another game, I took a break to play HeartGold, and found a shiny Caterpie the day before my birthday. I had mixed feelings, though, because I really wanted that other shiny on that other game; when I first got the shiny Caterpie, I was angry at it, then I was happy about it about ten minutes later... and it kept switching like that. Coincidentally, just a moment before, I had been thinking about finding a shiny... That's the second time that that's happened to me.

I want to find a shiny on HG/SS that's better than just a Caterpie... xD
    I should probably go evolve it now... Depends on whether I want to keep its name GoldnTime(Heart) or rename it Mizuki...

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Well, I just started a new game on HG recently, and I wanted to get an eevee of a specific nature/gender (female, sassy btw). Because I spent so long SR for it, I hoped it could be shiny, it wasn't though, so I left and started to grind.

While grinding, I thought it would be funny to bump into a random shiny after all that SRing and not getting one. I then bumped into a shiny pidgey! And it evolves into one of the most epic shinies ever...

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
    On the original gold silver and crystal I ran in to shiny meowth shiny sentret both with no pokeballs. When my dad played through crystal when I was 7 he found a shiny hoothoot before even getting pokeballs, and a shiny poneta when our power went out, he was playing it on the gamecube. I was determind not to do sutch things in hg/ss. but before I get there I must say I ran in to 2 shiny wishmers on emerald olmost consequtively! They were litterally 15 minutes apart 1 in nusterf tunnel and 1 in victory road. Now for hg/ss. Shiny Giredose odviosly
    Shiny drousey not bad. Personal fave shiny LUGIA! I have more amazing stories to tell about shiny experiences, but there not right for this thred. Someone should make a
    Pokemon shiny gineral
    thred

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    After I got my Shiny Snivy on Saturday, I started to hunt in my Soul Silver.

I am breeding a secret Pokemon in Soul Silver through the Masuda Method. I hatched 210 eggs yesterday, I want to hatch 90 today.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    got a shiny bellsprout on route 31 - not a big fan of bellsprout but I treasure the now shiny weepinbell =]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I ran into a shiny Rattata the other day buut, here's the catch. I was pretty much multi-tasking with a chat on hand, eating a small snack and watching TV, while playing HG. XD; Not knowing one of the wild Rattata's I encountered was a shiny I killed it with one move and well, my reaction is self-explainable. I only found out it was shiny after I used the move too, so I guess I'll have to pay attention more for those random shinies. :(

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Going through Ilex forest, a shiny oddish appears! Thankfully, I had a low level poke to lower it's hp. Too bad it was lonely in nature. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back