• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For those who SR'd for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game (and succeeded), where did you save? Also, can you tell if it is shiny when looking at it on this screen:

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

in the US versions?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    For those who SR'd for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game (and succeeded), where did you save? Also, can you tell if it is shiny when looking at it on this screen:

in the US versions?
    Yes you can. Just save right in front of the machine?

So, yesterday I spent at least 2 hours getting a Shiny Zubat in Platinum. I eventually did through RNG.

Today, while training Chinchou in Slowpoke Well, a Shiny Zubat appeared! I about peed myself. I caught it. I released the RNG one because the random one I caught today is far better and actually special.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807DCVCzcd0

Too lazy to click (tl;dc):

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Nice language in your video.

PROFANITY! haha.

Nice luck, though....that's pretty cool.

e7a

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    found a shiny magikarp :)

Did you hunt it or did you find it? I am hunting one in blackthorn city. Does anyone know the rate?
    Like in platinum; the first shiny bidoof is rate 1:8. Doea anyone know this on magikarp?

Dr.Kyron

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    Is it possible to SR a Pokemon from the Game Cornor?
    Also, what's the difference between SR and HR?

As for shiny pokemon I've caught, none. Aside from the Red Gyrados and right now I'm trying to hatch a Shiny Togepi~ :I

after beating SS twice I have decided that on my final playthrough I will do a dragon tamer and decided to master the game corner for hgss. after saving up 13000 coins i saved and started SR for a shiny dratini only 2 hours into the game and after 11 hours straight soft resseting I got 5 okay dratinis and 1 shiny dratini modest nature (best for dragonite) I also have the shiny PICHU (event) and shiny MILOTIC (event)

P.S i refuse to evolve my dratini until lv 52 so I can have outrage at level 51

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Did you hunt it or did you find it? I am hunting one in blackthorn city. Does anyone know the rate?
    Like in platinum; the first shiny bidoof is rate 1:8. Doea anyone know this on magikarp?
    The rate for what? How often a shiny appears or how often a Magikarp appears?

The rate for a shiny in all games is 1/8192. The rate for a Magikarp to appear is 100% with an Old Rod which you get in the PokeCenter on the route south of Violet City.

e7a

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    The rate for what? How often a shiny appears or how often a Magikarp appears?

The rate for a shiny in all games is 1/8192. The rate for a Magikarp to appear is 100% with an Old Rod which you get in the PokeCenter on the route south of Violet City.

It's sometimes a small difference from pokémon to pokémon. Bidoof has a rate of 1:8 the first time you hunt it. In platinum you can use the pokéradar like that.
    In the lake by Blackthorn city you can only meet magikarp while surfing and I want to know how often you meet a shiny MAGIKARP. Not any other pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011

I didn't hunt to find it, I was surfing on the route right before the Lake Of Rage and it appeared randomly :) Sorry if that's not very helpful

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
    Years
  • Aww, you guys are so lucky.. the first shiny I saw was in Pokemon Emerald, which was a Shiny Natu which I ran away from. And the second was a boring old Geodude in Pokemon Diamond.. nothing else, unfortunately.. :( I tried for SR for a shiny Cyndaquil/Chikorita/Totodile, but after 4 shots I felt as though it wasn't worth it. :P

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    For the Nostalgia Factor, when I'm in Kanto, I'm searching for a shiny Vulpix in route 8. The problem? 10 percent encounter rate. DAMN YOU, LEAFGREEN! WHY'D I HAVE TO LOSE YOU AND YOUR HIGHER ENCOUNTER RATES!?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Traded a shiny Cresselia and special Pichu, got a red Gyarados, no normal shinies.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Oh my goodness. I have only found two shinies besides the obvious but those two were on another game. You all have insipired me to SR a shiny porygon and/or Eevee from the game corner!

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I just ran into a random encounter shiny Magikarp.

Most useless shiny ever, and the stupidest thing to ever happen to me. That's the first 1/8192 shiny I've seen in almost TEN YEARS.

What the hell, Game Freak. >:V

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back