• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
Years
  • I got a shiny female level 9 Geodude at the Ruins of Alph while rock smashing for items. So pumped, my second shiny I've ever had. My first was a level 32 Golbat in Pearl on Iron Island.

Pokeon-Girl

Breeze
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 14, 2010
    Never found a shiney before :( How do you know their shiney? Does it say 'a shiney blahblah has appeared' or do you just have to look out for the shine?

ShinyChris

Lady Dada's Nightmare
    Years
  • they'll be different color and when they show up they sparkle. they're really rare so if you ever come across one, try your best to get it!

also, i've been soft reseting for a shiny starter for 15 days now but still haven't got one. should i start a new game? i dont know whats taking so long.. all my friends got theirs 2-5 days. its been over 2 weeks now! :( DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO?

Last edited:

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • I've got a shiny Totodile for a starter ... well it is a Croconaw now (haven't played much in the near days) but anyway.

Here's a pic which I made while I was in Sprout Tower:
    Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Wow nice Picture Totodile =]
    How many SR's did it take you?
    Believe it or not it took me only 1 week ... around 3,000 SRs :]
    The bad fact is that it's on an emulator >_<
    My DS was screwed up o_O
    It's fine now and I play on the DS but I don't have a R4 card to transfer tha save >_<

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I am so happy right now. =]

At an estimate of 1500 SRs, my Suicune finally shined. I literally gasped when I saw it. xD

And I caught it on the first Quick Ball!

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I was trying to train my Pokemon to better condiotion to beat the 3rd Gym Leader (Which was weaker than I thought...) and I caught a shiny ditto. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    when you're soft resetting for a shiny suicune, do you reset before you realease the hounds or when?

Years
  • The only shiny I've encountered without resetting is a Nidoran male. I ended up catching it in an Ultra Ball even though it was only Level 12.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • I am so happy right now. =]

At an estimate of 1500 SRs, my Suicune finally shined. I literally gasped when I saw it. xD

And I caught it on the first Quick Ball!

ah lucky!

iv been soft resetting for mine for about 4 days straight, i gave up.. though i did leave suicune so i can continue later.

im almost at 2000 SRs

MudkipManiac

U herd I leik Mudkips?
    Years
  • without resetin: swablu
    resetin + cheats: turtwig, jurachi, raquaza, lati twins, celebi
    any shiny mudkip boy, give me! plz!

Last edited:

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Man, I want to catch a shiny pokemon in my soul silver(other than the red gyaradose)...I caught a shiny geodude in Pearl, evolved her into a Graveler then traded her to my ss and so now she's a golem...I cherish her. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Hey everybody!

I've been reading most of the replies to this thread and I wanted to join in. n_n
    I'm actually from Belgium, so all my Pokemon games are in French. Apart from the Red Gyarardos in HGSS, I've captured (so far) 2 shinies, both during the same gameplay on Pokemon Ruby.

First one was a shiny Zangoose, level 16. I was training and beating every Zangoose I could find, I hadn't even captured one yet and then I found one with blue stripes, different from the others. I found it odd and I captured it, without knowing it was actually a shiny. I plan on training it (some day or another xD).

Second one - I believe - was a shiny Golbat. I don't actually remember if it was a Golbat or a Crobat, but I think you can't capture Crobats in the wild, so it must've been a Golbat, and I probably ended up evolving it. It's got a lighter purple than the original Crobats.

I believe that only luck will make you encounter a shiny pokemon in the wild, even though it seems there are a few techniques to make it go quicker.

I've transfered those two on my SS game, and I'll be happy to let you know if I'm able to get a shiny on SS! Didn't get any while playing 130 hours on Pearl though...

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
  • Yet to find one yet): but on Platinum i caught a shinie uxie or mespirit i was landed! no soft resetting, i'm looking for any shinies on the game atm :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    The only shiney I have caught was a weedle (now a beedrill). I was so freaking excited lol!

Poké-Master1

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • My Shinies

I love chaining on pearl to get shinies I dont mean to be big headed but I have loads! :L I have like 6 geodudes, 4 zubats a phanphy 4 mareeps, 4 abra's and red gyrados and I dont mean to let you all down but red gyrados isnt actually a shiny the real shiny version is gold XD I have more but cba to type em all :D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • No, shiny Gyarados is RED. I have caught a wild one while fishing, and it was red shiny. I haven't yet found any on Heart Gold, but on Platinum the other day, I found a shiny Golbat at Iron Island. Also via soft reseting, around 4000 for each, I have shiny Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf. I nearly gave up though on Azelf and Uxie. Mesprit was slightly less, but still hard, since it sometimes ran away from my location. Those are all, and I plan on getting a shiny Mareep eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back