• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How Much Are My Cards Worth" thread V. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Those numbers...does that mean US dollars? If so I'm a very happy guy right now. ($325:cheeky:) I doubt It's in US dollars though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    why not found out what sets they are from might as well see what they are worth. they are all holo and all in mint condition!

Bad/Dark Blastoise (Jap): Team Rocket
    Hitmonlee (Jap): Fossil
    Bad/Dark Dugtrio (Jap): Team Rocket
    Kyou/Koga's Ditto (Jap): Gym Challenge
    Jigglypuff (Jap): Jungle
    --
    Drowzee (Jap): Team Rocket
    Bad/Dark Wartortle (Jap): Team Rocket
    Bad/Dark Gyarados (Jap): Team Rocket
    Squirtle (Jap): Team Rocket
    Magnemite (Jap): Team Rocket
    Bad/Dark Kadabra (Jap): Team Rocket
    --
    Zapdos (Jap): Base Set
    --
    Nintales: Base Set
    Muk: Fossil
    Zubat: Fossil
    Hitmonchan: Base Set
    Gyarados: Base Set
    Nidoking: Base Set
    --
    Vaporeon (Jap & Eng): Jungle
    Flareon: Jungle
    Jolteon: Jungle
    --
    Kabutops: Fossil
    --
    Mewtwo: Base Set
    --
    Sakaki/Giovanni's Nidoking: Gym Challenge
    Sakaki/Giovanni's Machamp: Gym Challenge

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

Which one? 88/92? 100/110? 7/PLAY from the PLAY Promos?​

Considering it's been 11 years and also taking into account that they're from the first series (Base Set, right?), they could bring in a lot of money. Perhaps even around 50 or 60 bucks.

I'm going to do this from top left all the way over and go down row by row.
    20 - 45 - 40
    45 - 35 - 20
    35 - 40 - 45
    Woah!!
    I've got loads of Base set cards!!
    I'm gonna try sell them!
    Thanks SL!!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Most base set cards are worth a lot of money. Be aware that Jigglypuff can only be worth around 15 or 20 bucks, depending on the collector you're selling it to. This is because Jigglypuff is so common.

And you're welcome.

Price check coming up. =P
    NOTE
    Bad/Dark Blastoise (Jap): Team Rocket

Hitmonlee (Jap): Fossil
    35-40

Bad/Dark Dugtrio (Jap): Team Rocket

Kyou/Koga's Ditto (Jap): Gym Challenge

Jigglypuff (Jap): Jungle

--
    Drowzee (Jap): Team Rocket

Bad/Dark Wartortle (Jap): Team Rocket

Bad/Dark Gyarados (Jap): Team Rocket

Squirtle (Jap): Team Rocket

Magnemite (Jap): Team Rocket

Bad/Dark Kadabra (Jap): Team Rocket

--
    Zapdos (Jap): Base Set

--
    Nintales: Base Set

Muk: Fossil

Zubat: Fossil

Hitmonchan: Base Set

Gyarados: Base Set

Nidoking: Base Set

--
    Vaporeon (Jap & Eng): Jungle
    Eng: 35 Jap: 40

Flareon: Jungle

Jolteon: Jungle

--
    Kabutops: Fossil

--
    Mewtwo: Base Set

--
    Sakaki/Giovanni's Nidoking: Gym Challenge

Sakaki/Giovanni's Machamp: Gym Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    wow i might need to go through that binder and take a look at everything in there, theres alot of them i didnt list. thanks alot for the prices!

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Brace your self...this card must be worth alot...at leaset it looks like it should...ready?

What do ya think? How much? One of the corners is falling off...less then a centimeter though

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I hope its worth more than that! Cause my pokemon card price book from 2002 said it was worth $80.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    that Mew ex of mine is 88/92
    I'd say it's worth about 50 or 55 bucks. (American dollars, of course).

Definitely around 100 or so bucks. That's a rare card that everyone would like to get their hands on (within reason, of course).​

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Great News on my last few cards. I've got over $400 with just 10 cards. Hope these 9 are just as good.(I dug out all my pokemon cards so tomorow I will post a bunch of numbers...but for now...)

Heres the rundown H=Holo N=Nonholo

H-N-N
    N-H-H
    N-H-N

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Actually, Ancient Mew aren't very rare. You can find them really cheap on eBay. If it was never opened, it's only worth around $5. If it's a misprint ("Nintedo" error), then it's closer to $50. The price guide you have is probably a Beckett Collectors magazine. They tend to overprice cards. (Imagine giving $80,000,000 for a single card.)

But if your card is damaged, that lowers the worth dramatically. I won't even buy a card if it's damaged.

If those cards are mint condition (about): Chansey ($8), Dark Blastoise ($7), Dark Charizard ($12), Mewtwo ($4), Magneton JPN ($10), Victreebel ($7.50), Dark Dragonite ($7), Magneton ($4), Dark Dragonair ($1.50).

I'd say you could find some of these cheaper on eBay. Of course, it all depends on who is buying. Some people might give $50 for an Ancient Mew.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Due to that Mew being a different language card, a lot of collectors will pay a lot of money for it. Now only that, but it is a rare card. The only time it was given out was during the First Movie (I think), and even then they were English.

25 - 35 - 40
    40 - 35 - 30
    35 - 30 - 30

Remember that these are taken at the highest value (you people should probably start reading my notice), so don't cry that the prices seem too high. It's the highest value you'll receive for said card.​

Artonkn

Sup.
    Years
    Nooo that ancient mew was worth $100?!!? i must get mine back!

And it isn't foregn it's got some 'acient language' acording to the slip that came with it brand new.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Ancient Mew was the same language during every release. Actually, each symbol on the card represents a letter in the English alphabet, so I wouldn't really say that it is a different language. It's more like an alternate (seemingly unreadable) font.

For instance, take the information that you know (Mew, Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost, and New Species). This will allow you to identify several symbols from the card (M, E, W, A, K, N, S, R, I, T, C, O, and P). Apply each of these letters to the parts of the card you have yet to translate.

Attack: PS_C_E
    Other text: _ITT_E _O_... __ E_I_

The official translation for the attack is "Psyche" and the extra text is "Little god... or evil."

Of course, some of the letters seem to be written differently. Another case, perhaps?

The number system could come from an ancient culture, though.

(I got my Ancient Mew from Pokemon the Movie 2000.)

Still a pretty cool looking card, but I wouldn't give over $5 for one.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hardcore fans of the TCG would definitely give over big bucks. That's kinda the point. It doesn't matter what the card says since they have discontinued making it. That automatically makes the worth go way up.​

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    thanks a ton for all of the price estimates, shinji.

would the best place to go about selling these be on ebay? and should i sell them(the ones that are actually worth something) as a single card, or all of them as a group?

also, i'll get a list of all of the foreign cards up soon.

Years
    Lol, I had 3 of those Ancient Mews! Though, they are all in somewhat poor shape and I traded 1, I really don't think they are worth much more than Nekoban said. I will probably trade 1 more to another friend and keep the last one. Personally, I am not going to rip off someone by selling it for 100 anyways.

A couple of days ago I got my Holon Phantoms "Shining" Gyarados sold! It is a rare card worth about $40-50 dollars! Unfortunately the "collector craze" for that apparently had passed since It was listed on Ebay for 2 months and the best (and only) offer I got was someone buying it for $20. I decided to take it since I probably was not going to get more, although a good $40 at least would have been better :\. Well, such is the way with selling cards, you take what you can get. I used the money to buy a nice box set with 1 card pack from each DP expansion (except Stormfront), 6 "promo cards", and 3 collectors coins :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back