• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How Much Are My Cards Worth" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
  • I have a really weird Nidoking (base set) card...I've seen no other Nidoking card like it, so just hear me out.

I got this out of a pack some years back, so it's real. Near the bottom, at the Data, it looks normal in low light. However, shine something bright on it or get it up into a light, and you can see holographic moons and stars near the bottom...

Can anyone offer an explanation? I've been scratching my head at this for a few years now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Do the stars appear through the green colouring of the card? Could you please put a scan please or some more details (like 1st edition).

Any card that allows daylight or light from a bulb to actually pass through it is almost definately a fake as no manufactured card ever does this.
    And I will quote from the Ebay Guide 'How to tell FAKE Pokemon cards.'

"Ok, so the text on your card looks fine. What is the next test? Most fakes can be spotted by the Light Test. Hold your card up to a window or close to a lightbulb. Look at the face of the card, the character side. If light goes threw the card and you can see the back of the card clearly, this was printed on low quality, poor stock. This is not and error, this is a fake."
    From https://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-tel...000001178018?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:5

So a bit more info and I will help you out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Thats a lot of cards to price individually. It is worth noting that older cards (base-gym2) usually have quite a low value due to them being already collected and stopped in circulation.

From this list I'll give a very general estimate for the rare/more valuable cards:

Most rares from this list are approximately £0.75 (lower depending on condition).
    The rest of the holos, promos and error cards fall in a £1 - £3 range. Apart from the Meowth and Electrode, there is nothing here which is of a great interest to most collectors.

The uncommons/commons wouldnt go for a very high price I'm sorry to say. Around a few pence/cents (no more than 50p).

How 'bout one for them altogether?

calumoh

686578206D616E696163
    Years
  • i have a mint "Cool Porygon" and it looks rare...is it?
    also i have a mint "Dark Charmeleon" with a gold wizards of the cost symbol on it
    how much do u think they are worth?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    How 'bout one for them altogether?

People will never pay too much for a bulk lot of cards, because the chances are they would already own a good number of them (why its better to sell rarer stuff individually). If you're lucky - around £20-30ish quid.

i have a mint "Cool Porygon" and it looks rare...is it?
    also i have a mint "Dark Charmeleon" with a gold wizards of the cost symbol on it
    how much do u think they are worth?

Cool Porygon is a WotC promo given out at leagues -because there is a lot of them made its worth about £1. Same with the Stamped Dark Charmeleon, which I think was given away with magazines or something.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    Hey guys I found an old scyther and an old Kagaskhan the other day, in sleeves. They are in pretty good condition, how much would you say they are worth?

master-mind

GFX Geek
    Years
  • Official "How Much Are My Cards Worth" thread
    this card but the 'Dark Hypno' is golden, and so is the 70hp and the little star on the bottom right is silver, from the Ex Team Rocket Returns booster

Deoxy [defense form] delta species, from the Ex Holon Phantoms booster pack. the whole card is all shiny, like as in yu-gi-oh holo, not the little sparkly stuff. its steel type and has delta reduction. i have two of them.

Azumarill, from Ex Team Rocket Returns booster, its a 'star shiny' holo. it has water punch

if some1 could help me out, it would be great!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Hey guys I found an old scyther and an old Kagaskhan the other day, in sleeves. They are in pretty good condition, how much would you say they are worth?

If they are holo - they are worth approx $1.5 dollars (or less that £1ish), if they are rare, they would be worth abuot half that.

And to mastermind:

Dark Hypno : Approx $2 or £1
    Azumarill: Approx $2 or £1
    Deoxys: Approx $2.75 or £1.5

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Shining Celebi - First Edition

Shining Magikarp - First Edition

Both cards are mint condition

Last edited:

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    i'd just like to say, the cards are worth nothing at all :P, not trying to spam, but i though i used to own a collection worth £1000 or something, but in reality it's worth about £5 max

actually while i'm here,

i have a jungle vileplume without the jungle logo, and i know misprints are worth money to some people (i just thought the card sucked :P) so how much is that worth?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2006
    I've got a non-holo Azumarill from TRR.

Has it a value or must it be a fake?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I'm guessing you got it from the James theme deck - in which case no, it is not fake. That theme deck contains a holo version of the usually-non-holo Dark Dragonite, and similarly a non-holo version of the usually-holo Azumarill.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I got the first Charizard holo, not bent, perfect condition, kept in one of those card protection thingys.

I put it right in there when I first got the card from a booster.

Approx £5-£10 ($10-20) maybe a bit more if you can find a crazy buyer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2006
    ok i want to know my cards value please,

charizard delta species
    promo mewtwo (14)
    ho oh 7/64
    lugia 20/64
    raquaza* 107/107
    promo entei 34
    skarmory 1st ed. 23/64
    light machamp 25/105
    raikou 22/64
    suicune promo 53
    team magmas aggron 7/95
    nidoking 24/147
    koga's arbok 25/132
    kabutops 7/92
    team aquas cacturne 1/95
    steelix 35/147
    celebi 3/64
    lapras (fossil set) 25/62 (x2)
    dark alakazam (rocket set) 1/82
    dark celibi 4/101
    darkness energy 142/147

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Latias* Mint condition
    Treeko* Mint Condition
    Jolteon* Mint condition (Probably NOT selling that one)
    Mewtwo* Mint condition

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Latias* Mint condition
    Treeko* Mint Condition
    Jolteon* Mint condition (Probably NOT selling that one)
    Mewtwo* Mint condition

Here are some approx (albeit realistic) values:
    Latias = $20
    Treeko = $15
    Jolteon = Probably quite high. Sell it now, since it's very new!
    Mewtwo = $20

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back