• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    To me Crys meant a lot to me, I mean the begining of allowing female main characters? I can't ever forgot that. To replace her was heartbreaking, sure the new one is cute but I really do hope we get to see Crys in the game!
    Actually, this is precisely why I liked that they replaced her. Crystal was preserved as the historic icon that introduced a gender option rather than having her lose all meaning (and probably her name too) by cramming her into G/S remakes.
    And I highly doubt Crys will appear in the game. At most, I could imagine that she's mentioned as an icon of some sort but we never really see her in the flesh.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Actually, this is precisely why I liked that they replaced her. Crystal was preserved as the historic icon that introduced a gender option rather than having her lose all meaning (and probably her name too) by cramming her into G/S remakes.
    And I highly doubt Crys will appear in the game. At most, I could imagine that she's mentioned as an icon of some sort but we never really see her in the flesh.

I have to agree on this one. The new girl actually looks better than Crystal in my opinion. Crystal looked more like a Hoenn girl. This new girl actually suits the Johto and the overalls are very cute.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years

Crys isn't really being replaced seeing as she didn't exist in G/S. Like in FRLG. there just giving us a Female option

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Crys isn't really being replaced seeing as she didn't exist in G/S. Like in FRLG. there just giving us a Female option

I couldn't agree more. Especially since in Gold and Silver you didn't have the option to choose the girl. Only in Crystal there was the option, and this is not a Crystal remake. At least they gave us an option to choose a girl now and to me she's very unique.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Her hair style looks a lot like Kris's. >>;;; Just add blue hair dye and I might have thought she was Kris in revamped clothes.
    /cough

But yeah. I like her. She's cute. :3 And I actually like her clothes. Not something I'd where, but hey, it's cute. I like the poofy hat, too. I'll admit to not liking the design at all when I first saw it, but now I like it. <3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Her hair is similar to Crystal's, the collar of her shirt is similar to Leaf's. She has an originality of her own even though some traits were used from other female leads.

Αmpharos

Firin' mah lazor.
    Years
    Your opinion on changing the female player?

If you don't know already, they are changing the female player from Crystal version (Kris) To a girl named Soul.

Do you think it'd be better to change the girl? Or did you like Kris?

I Really liked Kris, and I'm sad they changed the girl.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
    so soul is her name.... ahh... i liked kris a LOT better. she was so cute! and she looked unique, compared to all of the other female trainers that you can choose from (why do they all have to have brown hair? not that there is anything wrong with it, i have it too, but what's wrong with blue hair??) this Soul character isnt THAT bad, but kris was for sure better!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well the girl's name hasn't been confirmed on exactly what it is yet, but I have a feeling it won't be either Sould or Heart for her chosen name in the game. I just hope it fits her, then I'll be totally satisfied with the new female.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2016
    She is so very ugly even my friend (who was always a girl) is going to be a boy

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The girl's look has different notions for people, and the thread is asking if you like her look or not. I like her, you like her, but it doesn't mean everyone else will.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    The girl's look has different notions for people, and the thread is asking if you like her look or not. I like her, you like her, but it doesn't mean everyone else will.
    though a real post is better than

"she's ugly, **** her"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The post asks do you lover her? Hate her? or want to ram her with a truck, etc? So it is perfectly fine to voice their opinion on what they think about her. Bashing on their idea about it will only cause a fued, which isn't necessary.

To stay on topic, I like her a lot, and if anymore pictures were to be shown with her or anime drawings, I'd like to see her in a Garden riding a truck not being hit be one [/lol].

Back