• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Agreed. Dawn/Lucas/Brendon/May were too nice in the tour guide way. D; Uhm. Personality plz? There needs to be... some kind of romantic tension. Or something. Like in Ranger. 8D
    /wtfthey'retenyearoldswhatamismoking

And actually, now that I think about it, I'd kinda like to see Green make an appearance in Kanto. Green/Leaf and Mystery Girl interaction ftw.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If the new girl does appear in the next anime to come, then I'd expect to see her be mature, funny, and even a bit mean. Judging by her clothes, she looks like a friendly type of person which is cool. Her outfit makes her look friendly and that's why I like it as well. Her face expression is a bit friendly looking too.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    it doesn't really matter to me.. if it's a remake, why not remaking the heroes too right? we don't even know the story line yet... but, i think she's a good alternative for crystal....

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    She's a really good alternative, and I'm assuming the storyline will be relatively the same, except with a twist in it because of the new female's supporting role. Which questions the amount of possibilities she'll play apart of.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To me anything can look like a Pokémon style, and the girl fits the game just right to me. Though, the overalls is what makes her seem to look like the cowgirls in DPPt, but I don't think too much of that.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    If Leaf was modeled from the manga, then this girl could actually be kris because kris had brown hair in the manga.

You know what, I bet that if the new girl was Krys, you wouldn't be hating on her so much.

That's the point. Though, I'm not so sure. I quite honestly prefer Blue from before the FrLg arc

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I for one don't think this new female is Crystal at all. Even if they have similar features, [keep in mind she has similar features with Leaf and May as well] it still doesn't mean she is Crystal. Pokémon is known for recycling ideas, so this shouldn't be a surprise that she has similar looks as Crystal or the other manga/game females.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yeah, I agree that her role in the story will change the storyline a little; possibly adding to the previous. Honestly, I'd actually like to see the two take down the Rockets together. So instead of having one kid taking down the Rockets' building by themselves, it'll be TWO kids! :D

... But I do hope to see a personality for her. Dawn and Lucas reminded me too much of robots programmed to take that last Pokeball. =/

Umm, what was Silver doing

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I guess he didn't count Silver, because either it slipped his mind or because he's our rival in the game. Anyway, with the new girl it adds new possibilities for the game, so I like her a lot for that option.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Even more possibilities arise! I like this new girl a lot, but if she appears in the Anime, I will like Dawn better. I don't know why, but there is something about Dawn that just clicks for me. I like this new girl though, and with her European looks, it brings her closer to home. I hope she does have attitude and that she will be not as robot like in the games as Dawn/Lucas/May/Brendon were. Her bag looks a bit odd, but it reminds me of some bags we have here. The little decoration for her Pokégear is cute though. Overall, I like this new girl.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually I can see this girl in the anime being the rudy type. Meaning, people will take her for a cute defenseless little girl, while underneath her cute looks she's a tough trainer and gets tired of those taking her for granted. I don't know, but it's just something I see with her if she appeared in the anime.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Compared between Daw, which seems like a lot of people are doing now, I couldn't chooes to be honest. I guess even though the new girl looks elegantly nice, I still need to see how she plays out in the game and possibly anime for a future episode to come.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I guess he didn't count Silver, because either it slipped his mind or because he's our rival in the game. Anyway, with the new girl it adds new possibilities for the game, so I like her a lot for that option.

This. x]
    I didn't count Silver because you don't really fight/work together, per say. I could see new girl working with Gold, but Silver was a rival that probably would object to working with you at first. cx

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    The new girl strikes me as being very confident and always up for a battle. If she was to be an in-game rival or partner, I'd definitely imagine her owning a Mareep and a Miltank. She looks very unique compared to previous girls and I can't wait to find out her role in the story.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wonder, if just not to mess up the basic plot of the game, if they'll add her more as a rival than something like Dawn in DPPt.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I think she will be an ally - we already have a rival in Silver, or whatever you want to call him. Personally, I think she'll be like Dawn, where you team up occassionally. I could see this happening in Slowpoke Well, for example.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I could see that happening too, I'll be fine with her as the supporting role for me, as long as the storyline really doesn't get altered too much from its original counterpart.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
    Personally, I just think she's unnecessary; it would have made more sense to simply to keep Crystal.

She was a landmark character, after all, being the first playable female. Not to mention, she's much cuter than this plain-Jane.

Back