• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    I know a lot of people here don't like overalls, because "farmers wear them" (painters do, too, sometimes.)

However, overalls can actually look nice on some people depending on the color of the denim.

https://raincoaster.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/overalls.jpg

I went to the site for this image and someone told her that she could wear heels and a hat with it. No lie.

Tbh, the overworlds of HGSS girl are actually okay. Same goes for the backsprite. (The socks aren't shown on the backsprite.) The overalls are barely noticeable, too.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I'd rather have Kris but I'm fine with the new girl, besides I think Soul probably looks better with DS graphics then Kris if they attempted(or maybe they did and it looked bad).

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Ah my bad wasn't on the front page, but I guess I should searched more or assumed it been done. Anyways she'll be appearing on my screen won't she? I don't like eye sores.

I just can't understand how people can get so heated about the design of a character that shows up as a tiny little thing in the middle of your screen ._.;

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    yeah, i really think they should have brought Kris back. She's actually not really below the current gen standards, so why they didn't use her is beyond me. BUT you also have to realise that these are a Gold & Silver remake, and Kris was from Crystal. Now...if they were claiming this to be a G/S/C remake, then i'd be a bit more upset... then again...there is speculation that they are bringing some Crystal elements/events to this game, so...in a way, i am kind of upset about that...but unfortunately it's Nintendo, and without the right number of people complaining, things won't change. well, they probably won't now, anyway, as the game is already closing in on it's Japan release. oh well... :(

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Heck yeah I love the new girl, she's such a breath of fresh air. She really fits in with the other heroines now and I didn't like kris much her design was kinda off. The game definately feels a lot more new and exciting thanks to the new girl.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    AS I HAVE STATED IN THE OTHER THREAD:

".Nostalgia, Smishtalgia. Yeah, I know that you grew up playing as Kris in the originals, but things change people! Soul is a breathe of fresh air for the pokemon games because she modernizes the female player. Kris on the other hand was just another trainer you could choose who had strange bluish hair and an ugly outfit. I really think that Soul will give some "soul" for the new games."

This was posted by me in the "Kris or Soul?" thread a while back.

SOUL ALL THE WAY!!!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I don't know, Crys still holds a special place in my heart. I'm not saying that I don't like Soul, but I'll probably always like Crys that much more. You'd actually have to be old enough to remember playing the game for the first time to have it affect you, I guess. :laugh:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    As long as she doesn't turn out to be limited to having 4 pokémon in her team or not allowed to buy Ultra Balls for some reason, I honestly don't care.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    I never really liked Kris that much in Crystal, so I kinda actually do like Soul better. I'll still probably just play as Gold though, since he's you know... GOLD!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Yes, I do prefer the new girl. She looks awesome, G/S technically never had a female char, and a change doesn't hurt from time to time.

Back