• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I don't care because I don't play the girl, but this new girl seriously needs to get with the times .... I mean come on overalls?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I will say this once though, I'm sure 47865378634986 people have said it to the raging Kris fans. Soul is NOT there to replace Kris.
    This. Times infinity. Don't you people understand? Soul is not there to replace Kris. Kris didn't show up til Crystal. Before that, Gold was just the main character, but upon the making of Crystal, it introduced the new feature of choosing a female, rather than you being a boy. Soul is the optional girl for Heart Gold and Soul Sliver, because Crystal didn't exist during Gold and Silver!! If they happen to remake Crystal, which I'm pretty sure they will, Kris will probably be available, but until then, stop acting so damn butthurt and get over it, if you don't like Soul, use Gold and stop complaining, simple as that.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    like legit, isn't there already like 9 threads for this exact topic? soul is not there to replace kris, end of story-

R a i n e+

moo~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2013
    How many threads of this do we need?! >>

Yeah, I don't think Kris was replaced, I think "Soul" is just Kris redesigned. I prefer the new design though, not like any of this matters. I won't care much if it is a different character, I'll still prefer her over Kris.

Most of the Crystal features are in the game, HGSS is pretty much a Crystal remake with a different name. Dawn is from DPPt, completely different games from RSE, while Crystal is pretty much the same game as GS, except with more features. How is that comparable? Eusine is much more important character than Kris, Kris is just an avatar for the player. Going by that logic, there shouldn't be a female at all. Crystal introduced the female choice, not Kris alone.

No, I'm not a butthurt fangirl, but the whole "replaced because it's not crystal" reason does not make any sense. If they replaced her, they replaced her because they wanted to and for the friggin lulz. [/rant]

The Crystal design is alright, but the HGSS design is much more fun and playful. Don't get why she has tons of hate, her clothes are considered fashionable in Japan. Plus, I love her newsboy cap!

EDIT-I don't get the impression why you guys think the OP is whining. He isn't saying she replace her, he's just simply asking which girl you guys prefer.

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I never said she was there to REPLACE Kris, I said: the massive editing was not really needed
    I also said I prefered Kris' looks, but that doesn't mean I think Soul is replacing her.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I never said she was there to REPLACE Kris, I said: the massive editing was not really needed
    I also said I prefered Kris' looks, but that doesn't mean I think Soul is replacing her.
    So why making another thread about that thing...? And it's not massive editing. Without the clothes/hair/eyes, there's the model they probably always use. Nobody said it's editing.

We already know many people are unhappy with Soul, just let it damn slide. It's just the female char.
    And you guys probably have something against it cause Nintendo tried to make a...nice Japanese model maybe. Japanese guys probably tend to like it more than we do.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    If You Have A Complaint-
    Official Soul Thread-
    Spoiler:

Speculation-
    Spoiler:

You Should go To Any Of These If You Want To Discuss This Topic

Do you know how to speak english? You don't capitalize the first letter of every word. It's annoying to us, and it's a hassle for you to do.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Soul wears what a little kid would wear. I wish Pokémon would at least try to make the series appeal more to older kids.

I agree with this ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

Why have they always got to make the characters (the female characters in particular) appear to be less of an official trainer and more of a kid-sibling of an official trainer? I do understand that the pokemon series is designed with younger children in mind, but Nintendo should also understand that pokemon came out over a decade ago. Their most loyal fans have grown up now. I think it would really be a good thing if they tried to make a little something, just a LITTLE something a bit more aimed at teens and older people.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    With a hat that size, who needs a bag? That would make it pretty cool for the game to reference her putting every item in the game in that awful hat. I mean, in old RPG's like Tomba for the PSX, he kept all of his items in his stomach and coughed them up when he needed them. Why not use the hat for something useful rather than just making her look stupid?

EDIT:

"Why have they always got to make the characters (the female characters in particular) appear to be less of an official trainer and more of a kid-sibling of an official trainer? I do understand that the pokemon series is designed with younger children in mind, but Nintendo should also understand that pokemon came out over a decade ago. Their most loyal fans have grown up now. I think it would really be a good thing if they tried to make a little something, just a LITTLE something a bit more aimed at teens and older people."

Me and my friend joke around about a Pokemon: Michael Vick Version where it is more like a realistic dogfight. Pokemon can get permanently injured in horrible ways. Instead of just fainting, they drown from water, or suffer third-degree burns, or have their head explode from psychic attacks. You could brag about your L100 Pikachu while trying to hide the fact that it's missing a few teeth, has an eye missing, and has permanent damage to it's bowels. I daresay it would be my favorite M-Rated Pokemon game of all time.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Soul isn't a replacement to Kris, and a lot of fans and gamers have been taking this idea too seriously. Kris was never part of the original Gold and Silver, and when Crystal came out she was more of an addition to the second generation games. So having Soul into the game isn't much of a problem for me as I know she isn't replacing anyone such as Kris from before. Others don't seem to get this idea that others have been explaining, but believe in the opposite direction.

However, this doesn't bother me much, Kris was a great female role, but not everything sticks. GameFreak was aiming to try something new with this remake, something bigger and better than before. Yes, Soul may not be the best female design GameFreak might have come up with, but she isn't the worst either. Actually, like someone had mentioned a month or two before, the design could have actually been worse. So, there are a few down sides to Soul, but there are just as much and more upside to her as well. For me, before I can fully judge her besides on looks, I've got to see how she plays out in her supporting role and possible as the main character too.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I usually just pick whoever has the better sprite, but I honestly don't like her. My feelings might change, though. I didn't like the GameBoy SP when it came out, or the Nintendo DS. I have both now. I don't really like change, but that's another story. lol obama

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Eni or Soul is just another character you can play as (Mockup name, don't know official one) so why is everyone having a heart attack over just 1 character in the whole fricking franchise?

Last edited:
    Back