• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was merely being super-optimistic when I said "THIS IS IT! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!" up above.

As for the NFC West being so weak, I think Dallas should be moved to the West for the next three seasons, with Saint Louis going to the NFC North and Detroit going to the NFC East for that time period. Just an idea to make the divisions more balanced in the short term. Not too serious about it, though.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    I was merely being super-optimistic when I said "THIS IS IT! WE'RE GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!" up above.

As for the NFC West being so weak, I think Dallas should be moved to the West for the next three seasons, with Saint Louis going to the NFC North and Detroit going to the NFC East for that time period. Just an idea to make the divisions more balanced in the short term. Not too serious about it, though.

Man I would love Detroit in the NFC East. That's two free wins ever year. :laugh:

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    I agree 100% with rookies contracts being ridiculous. You have guys like Sam Bradford, a rookie who has never played a meaningful snap in the NFL, making more money than proven Superbowl winners like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, etc. The league has to do something about this because it keeps getting worse every year.

Glad to see a fellow Eagles fan. :)

I think this years team actually has chance to be just as good, if not better than last years team. Why?

For one, it seems all of the offensive playmakers came and publicly saying they wanted Kolb as the starter. This tells me they trust Kolb, and he is ready to run this offense.

Second, the return of Stewart Bradley and the addition of Ernie Sims. Two pro bowl level linebackers. Linebacker was one of our biggest weaknesses last season. (see the Raiders game)

Third, the drafting of Brandon Graham. I think this kid could become a star, and one of the best defensive ends in the NFL. Having Trent Cole on the opposite side can't hurt either. :cool:

The first game against Green Bay will be a big test to see where this team stands.

When Stewart Bradley went down in preseason last year I basically abandoned all hope. And after the Raiders game it was solidified. Witherspoon just couldn't cut it.

After watching Kolb move the ball against the Jags I definitely liked what I saw. And yeah, the combo of Trent Cole and Brandon Graham has potential to be one of the most feared combo of DE's in the game. Let's hope so.

The Packers game is a great way to start off the season, we will get a solid look at how both sides of the ball will operate early on. September can't come quick enough.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Dallas can't move to the NFC West because it would break all the rivalries they have with in-divison foes, moreso Washington. The 'Boys and the 'Skins have hated each other since Dallas came into the league. Philly and Dallas have a big rivalry and so does Dallas-NYG. They could afford to move Arizona out of the NFC East when the Texans entered the league because year in and year out, they were everybody's punching bag in that division, and their rivalries with Dallas, Washington, NYG and Philadelphia weren't big games when they played them.

Years
    Dallas can't move to the NFC West because it would break all the rivalries they have with in-divison foes, moreso Washington. The 'Boys and the 'Skins have hated each other since Dallas came into the league. Philly and Dallas have a big rivalry and so does Dallas-NYG. They could afford to move Arizona out of the NFC East when the Texans entered the league because year in and year out, they were everybody's punching bag in that division, and their rivalries with Dallas, Washington, NYG and Philadelphia weren't big games when they played them.

It was just an idea to momentarily re-balance the NFC's power. I know full well that the NFL would never do it since Dallas being in the NFC East is very important to the NFL from a monetary standpoint, not even factoring in the rivalries that Dallas has.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    When Stewart Bradley went down in preseason last year I basically abandoned all hope. And after the Raiders game it was solidified. Witherspoon just couldn't cut it.

After watching Kolb move the ball against the Jags I definitely liked what I saw. And yeah, the combo of Trent Cole and Brandon Graham has potential to be one of the most feared combo of DE's in the game. Let's hope so.

The Packers game is a great way to start off the season, we will get a solid look at how both sides of the ball will operate early on. September can't come quick enough.

I feel like this year we have the best LB group we've had in recent memory. Bradley , Sims, Jordan. All young, athletic, good sized LBs. Plus they can all run and cover. Even though this team may not have the most experience in the league, I love the youth and speed (on both sides of the ball) on the team.

This team will have years to grow together.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    When they were thinking of reorganizing the NFC (was the NFL prior to the NFL-AFL merger), there were a few options that had Dallas not in the NFC East. The option they picked had the NFC East this way (this was in 1970);

Dallas, New York Giants, St. Louis [Cardinals], Philadelphia and Washington. Dallas had been rivals with Philly, NYG and Washington since they moved to the Capitol Division (became the NFC East) in 1961 (or 1962, I'm not sure).

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    When they were thinking of reorganizing the NFC (was the NFL prior to the NFL-AFL merger), there were a few options that had Dallas not in the NFC East. The option they picked had the NFC East this way (this was in 1970);

Dallas, New York Giants, St. Louis [Cardinals], Philadelphia and Washington. Dallas had been rivals with Philly, NYG and Washington since they moved to the Capitol Division (became the NFC East) in 1961 (or 1962, I'm not sure).

I hate Dallas. So I wouldn't mind if they were kicked out the NFC east. :laugh:

Just kidding, I love the Eagles-Cowboys rivalry.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    It's glitz and glamour on one side [Dallas] and hard-nosed football on the other [Philadelphia]. As a fan of either team, you have to hate the other side. I have to say, the Cowboys-'Skins rivarly, one of the most blood-heating rivalries in the NFL, has taken a backseat to rivalries that were once inferior (Dallas-Philly and Dallas-NYG). Because most of the rivalry has been dominated by the Silver and Blue and not the Burgundy and Gold.

Years
    It's glitz and glamour on one side [Dallas] and hard-nosed football on the other [Philadelphia]. As a fan of either team, you have to hate the other side. I have to say, the Cowboys-'Skins rivarly, one of the most blood-heating rivalries in the NFL, has taken a backseat to rivalries that were once inferior (Dallas-Philly and Dallas-NYG). Because most of the rivalry has been dominated by the Silver and Blue and not the Burgundy and Gold.

It may not be that way much longer, Shanahan has the skins on the rebound, and McNabb has looked good so far in Pre-season. Now if they can get Albert haynesworth to move his lazy ass, then they'd be ready to challenge the iggles, Giants, and the cowboys for the NFC east crown. Not this year though.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Washington has always finished in last since Arizona packed up and moved to the NFC West. But yeah, Washington could be a dark horse to challenge for a wild card. Becasue Philly and New York could easily be freefalling this season.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The Bengals looked really good against Philly, Mark Sclereth on of the analysts for ESPN said they had a really good shot at the playoffs since they got Pacman Jones, and Jermaine Grisham.
    @Sweet Candace, Washington in the playoffs, WAT?

Years
    The Bengals looked really good against Philly, Mark Sclereth on of the analysts for ESPN said they had a really good shot at the playoffs since they got Pacman Jones, and Jermaine Grisham.
    @Sweet Candace, Washington in the playoffs, WAT?

Who Dey!

I live 20 minutes from Cinci, and trust me the Hype down here is rediculous. Orange and Black everywhere. like 05. The Bengals, minus a catastrophic injury problem, will be the NFC north champs at 12-4 or 11-5. The Ravens will probably grab a wild card spot at 10-6 i think. Pittsburg is doomed i think, those 6 games without Roeithlisberger will haunt them later in the season

And nobody cares about Cleveland ahaha

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I'm not picking Washington to get into the playoffs, but they have a shot to throw a wrench into the wild card situation. But, you don't know how Kolb will fare in Philly. He could be really good, or he could get run out of town. With New York, they're a tough puzzle to solve. They could also be really good or really bad.

Right now, Dallas is the most stacked team in their division and are preseason favorites to take the division and quite possibly getting all the way to the Super Bowl.

Years
    I'm not picking Washington to get into the playoffs, but they have a shot to throw a wrench into the wild card situation. But, you don't know how Kolb will fare in Philly. He could be really good, or he could get run out of town. With New York, they're a tough puzzle to solve. They could also be really good or really bad.

Right now, Dallas is the most stacked team in their division and are preseason favorites to take the division and quite possibly getting all the way to the Super Bowl.

True, but remember the Cowboys are notorious for Flopping in the playoffs/down the stretch. Romo and the O. will need to play very well down the last 4-5 games so they can try to secure homefield, or at least a first round bye. and Im hoping Dez Bryant is healthy and ready to go, He looks amazing from what ive seen.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    True, but remember the Cowboys are notorious for Flopping in the playoffs/down the stretch. Romo and the O. will need to play very well down the last 4-5 games so they can try to secure homefield, or at least a first round bye. and Im hoping Dez Bryant is healthy and ready to go, He looks amazing from what ive seen.

Well the prospect of playing the super bowl at the home stadium should be motivation enough for the dallas cowboys. I think Dez will either be really good or a complete bust, (probably rly good). I also think that the cowboys should release Roy Williams as even Patrick Crayton is more talented and less of a distraction to young rookies like Dez than Williams.

Also my Playoff picks as of right now would be:

AFC:

East-Jets 12-4
    North-Bengals 11-5
    South-Indy 13-3
    West-Chargers-10-6
    WC1-Patriots-10-6 (I'm from New England)
    WC2-Ravens-10-6

NFC:
    East-Cowboys-12-4
    North-Vikings-13-3
    South-Saints-11-5 or maybe 10-6
    West-Cardinals 10-6
    WC1-Packers-11-5 (The packers are very good and very underrated).
    WC2-Philly 10-6

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back