• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well the prospect of playing the super bowl at the home stadium should be motivation enough for the dallas cowboys. I think Dez will either be really good or a complete bust, (probably rly good). I also think that the cowboys should release Roy Williams as even Patrick Crayton is more talented and less of a distraction to young rookies like Dez than Williams.

Also my Playoff picks as of right now would be:

AFC:

East-Jets 11-5
    North-Bengals 11-5
    South-Indy 13-3
    West-Chargers-10-6
    WC1-Patriots-10-6
    WC2-Ravens-10-6

NFC:
    East-Cowboys-11-5
    North-Vikings-13-3
    South-Saints-12-4 or 13-3
    West-Cardinals 10-6
    WC1-Packers-11-5 (The packers are very good and very underrated).
    WC2-Atlanta 10-6

Allright there's my picks

I agree completely except i think there's too much building to do in Philly. The 2010 team is literally completely different from the 07, 08, and 09 teams. No Dawkins, no mbnabb, no westbrook, etc.

Atlanta, provided Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez are healthy, will be much better, like the 08 team Matt Ryans Rookie year. Still not going to challenge New Orleans though. I put the Jets at 11-5, due to the prospect of not having Revis, he is that influential.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    AFC:

East: New York Jets (11-5)
    Central: Baltimore Ravens (11-5)
    South: Indianapolis Colts (13-3)
    West: San Diego Chargers (10-6)
    Wild Cards: Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) and Houston Texans (10-6)

NFC:
    East: Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
    Central: Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
    South: New Orleans Saints (11-5)
    West: San Francisco 49ers (9-7)
    Wild Cards: Green Bay Packers (10-6) and Atlanta Falcons (10-6)

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Falcons faithful here. Been a fan for a long ass time now.

I fully believe we'll be a middle of the pack team this year. We've got a ton of studs on offense, but the defense is just...bad.

Years
    AFC
    East: New England (11-5)
    North: Baltimore (11-5)
    South: Indianapolis (12-4)
    West: San Diego (12-4)
    WC1: Cincinnati (11-5)
    WC2: New York (10-6)

NFC
    East: Dallas (12-4)
    North: Minnesota (12-4)
    South: New Orleans (11-5)
    West: San Francisco (10-6)
    WC1: Green Bay (12-4)
    WC2: New York (10-6)

The Saints, as defending champs, will face too many "A" games to do as well as last season.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Atlanta is still a threat to win the NFC South. Even though Saints are the defending SB Champs,

If you're the superstitious type, Drew Brees could suffer like his Madden cover predecessors and suffer a "Madden Curse". If he gets injured, their offense cripples because the offense lives by his arm.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Atlanta is still a threat to win the NFC South. Even though Saints are the defending SB Champs,

If you're the superstitious type, Drew Brees could suffer like his Madden cover predecessors and suffer a "Madden Curse". If he gets injured, their offense cripples because the offense lives by his arm.

Don't remind me, the year Vick was on the cover of Madden, he broke his leg in a pre-season game. Ugh.

Years
    Don't remind me, the year Vick was on the cover of Madden, he broke his leg in a pre-season game. Ugh.

Ugh that was bad. :/

Ok, what are everybody's Dark Horse teams, not listed above?

If i were to go with a surprise team, it would be... drum roll please...

The Miami Dolphins. They may just be better than expected. If Brandon Marshall is ready to go, and If Chad Henne develops a bit more, that offense may be able to put up big points. maybe a 9-7 or 10-6 season, but no playoffs, unless the jets/pats implode. (which most likely wont happen, but hey you never know)

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if Miami threatens for a wild card spot. With the age of New England's defense a huge factor, and the horrid play of everyone except San Diego in the AFC West, they have a shot.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if Miami threatens for a wild card spot. With the age of New England's defense a huge factor, and the horrid play of everyone except San Diego in the AFC West, they have a shot.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if Miami makes a push for a playoff spot. The addition of Brandon Marshall gives them 2 wins alone this year.

Years
    I don't think anyone would be surprised if Miami makes a push for a playoff spot. The addition of Brandon Marshall gives them 2 wins alone this year.

Going by his previous seasons he should give them 100 catches and 1200+ receiving yards. that im sure would give them 2 games. and if he's double covered it will free up other guys too

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    Receivers usually suffer a performance dip in their first season in a new city, though... so I'm hesitant to take Marshall on any of my fantasy teams.

Not sure where you got that idea.

In his first year with the Patriots, Randy Moss broke the single season receiving touchdown record. Plaxico Burress had his second best year in his first with the Giants. Terrell owens had 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns in his first year with the Eagles. That said, all 3 of them had better teams around them. But Marshall is too good of a player to have a mediocre season. No matter how bad the Dolphins are, Marshall will put up his numbers. He's just that good.

Years
    Not sure where you got that idea.

In his first year with the Patriots, Randy Moss broke the single season receiving touchdown record. Plaxico Burress had his second best year in his first with the Giants. Terrell owens had 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns in his first year with the Eagles. That said, all 3 of them had better teams around them. But Marshall is too good of a player to have a mediocre season. No matter how bad the Dolphins are, Marshall will put up his numbers. He's just that good.

One thing of note: those guys were all exceptionally talented/skilled, in addition to having better teams around them. Tier 2 and Tier 3 players (we're talking statistically), tend to not be as good, unless they've got far better teams around them than they had in the past. And I actually got this idea from a Fantasy Football guide book from '04, when I first started getting into fantasy football. Most of the first seasons with a new team had performance drops for most of the examples they cited, with a couple players being exceptions. I'm personally still not sold on Marshall being an elite player.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    One thing of note: those guys were all exceptionally talented/skilled, in addition to having better teams around them. Tier 2 and Tier 3 players (we're talking statistically), tend to not be as good, unless they've got far better teams around them than they had in the past. And I actually got this idea from a Fantasy Football guide book from '04, when I first started getting into fantasy football. Most of the first seasons with a new team had performance drops for most of the examples they cited, with a couple players being exceptions. I'm personally still not sold on Marshall being an elite player.

101 catches, 1120 yards, 10 touchdowns with Kyle Orton as his QB last season.

What more can he do to prove he's elite?

He also had 2x straight 100+ catch seasons before last year.

Last edited:

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    If you're a fantasy person, who's this year's "Miles Austin"?

Basically saying, what player comes out of nowhere to have a monster statistical year.

I had Miles Austin last year, I picked him up outta nowhere and it payed off.

Anyways, I'd be more on the look out for a Ray Rice type. I drafted him late last year and he payed in dividends.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I would've said a guy like Julian Edelman from New England, but apparently Wes Welker will be coming back and that means Edelman will not get much of a shot unless Welker doesn't preform to the standards or get injured again.

Remember, he's a few months removed from completely blowing out his knee in Houston.

RyanGT

Forum Elder
    Years
    I think Michael Crabtree will surprise some people this year. Now in his second year, after a full camp and pre-season, he will have a breakout season. This guy has elite talent and skill. He just needs a QB to get him the ball.

Crabtree along with Vernon Davis makes 2 very dangerous weapons for the 49ers.

Ayselipera

Well being from Massachusetts I naturally root for the Patriots. That being said I really don't think they're going to go all the way this year. Deep down I've always loved the Miami Dolphins, but I'm not sure about them either. Although, they seem to be getting better each year if memory serves me right.

Years
    I think Michael Crabtree will surprise some people this year. Now in his second year, after a full camp and pre-season, he will have a breakout season. This guy has elite talent and skill. He just needs a QB to get him the ball.

Crabtree along with Vernon Davis makes 2 very dangerous weapons for the 49ers.

If they get the revamped offense from crabtree/davis/gore/Smith etc, i see them as a playoff team for sure. That defense is downright nasty, they just need to put up sufficient points.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back