• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OFFICIAL Pairup and Romance Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
  • Zento said:
    Um... Chica, dontcha think you're being a lil' harsh about this all? I guess I don't have any business poking my nose in here, but it's kinda like you're taking all the fun outta this whole deal. :/

And you honestly think people would be scared of your 'threat'? o_O

Well, I have to be because the one time, The old pairup topic was closed because someone did something worng that caused that to happen.. I am just preventing it from happening again so PC won't lose the Pairup Activity.

Years
  • Haruka said:
    I know, but rules are rules! There won't be a Country if theres no rules. Please do not complain about this, because I don't want this to become a heated argument.

Please calm down.
    You are just as mean as the gorverment of Quebec. They make any immigrant that parents didn't go to English schools go to French schools because they are afraid Quebec will be an English province in a decade or so. Now, if you are wondering how I go to an English school, the answer is that my father sort of bribed them. But anyway, I know there will be a revolution against you soon Haruka.

Zento

Mushroom God
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Well, I have to be because the one time, The old pairup topic was closed because someone did something worng that caused that to happen.. I am just preventing it from happening again so PC won't lose the Pairup Activity.

Well, it seems like a lot of people aren't exactly enjoying this. It seems they're kinda getting slightly aggravated at this. o_O

If they loose the privilege, they'll be sad for awhile, then they'll go on with their lives. It's not like they're all gonna marry each other.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I personally think the community isn't mature to do this activity because you always fighting about me about the rules of this topic. Why can't you follow them like civilized people? I don't understand why....

(hmmmm..... a resolution war... o_O about the rules?)

Years
  • Haruka said:
    I personally think the community isn't mature to do this activity because you always fighting about me about the rules of this topic. Why can't you follow them like civilized people? I don't understand why....

(hmmmm..... a resolution war... o_O about the rules?)
    No, a revolution...the only difference is you won't get your head gullotined like Louis XVI did.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • I'll make a deal.

I will get rid all the rules except Rule #1 (No Same Gender or Yourself and Yourself Pairups). You have to promise that you won't pair up people who doesn't want to be paired up and also don't pairup people that is already paired up. If this don't work... I will put the rules back in. I want this to be a fun topic, not a heated argument, fighting against me, complaining about the rules. I care about you having fun.

Deal?

Wait! I already applied it, so enjoy!

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • hm... how about "rewrite" of the rules... let's keep a few of them and modify some of them...

Pairup-Thread Possible "Rules" are:
    1) no pairing up with yourself

2) try to stay on topic about pairings, or any other romance related topics

3) no one can be paired up unless they made an offer to be paired up in this thread. If you don't want to be paired up, then simply do not ask others to pair you up. A list will be generated with the names of all the people who wants to be paired up, and we will do the pair-ups only with the names written on the list.

there now rule number 3 is a little better... no need to worry about getting on the list and getting off the list and etc...

now about same gender pairing, i'm going to omit that from the rule. Ever since the big discussion/flames about bisexualism and homosexual activities, i'm not sure about PC's stand on this rather flammable belief. I believe that regardless of whoever the host for this thread is, this thread is still bound by all rules generated for this entire forum. The rules clearly said nothing about discriminating bisexuals and the homosexuals, so therefore this thread should not as well. So a conclusion about same gender pairing...

4) same gender pairing is allowed IF both person agrees to such a pairing

i'm very sure not everyone will be pleased with this. i myself do not support homosexual activities at all, but the very second we signed up for PC, we gave up our rights and are bound by PC laws as long as we are part of the community. PC treats all people, even if they have different gender preferences, equally. Therefore, i will follow this rule as well and drop my own grudge against them.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • But I removed the rules already, and I cannot allow same gender pairups because not everyone supports it and I don't want a flame war because of that...

I want this to be a member friendly activity,

Zento

Mushroom God
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    But I removed the rules already, and I cannot allow same gender pairups because not everyone supports it and I don't want a flame war because of that...

Actually, I think it would work out... I think a flamewar could start out of not doing it... o_O; Just my thoughts.

Couldn't they pair up at least as a 'team' or friends or something to that extent if you're so bothered by it?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    But I removed the rules already, and I cannot allow same gender pairups because not everyone supports it and I don't want a flame war because of that...

and the problem is that there ARE people on PC who supports it too. Shining Arcanine's famous ban is the best proof of this... didnt' 3 threads of flames broke out at the same time flaming him about banning someone just because he is bisexual? so... just trying my best to accomodate "both side" here. (and it won't be easy... at least like a page of discussion will break out from this before we come to a final conclusion) x.x;;

as i said already, if someone does offer you a same gender pairing which you dislike, you can simply refuse the offer. just because they are minority, that doesn't mean we can ban something that they have the right to. everyone on PC has the right to be paired up, regardless of gender preferences (i'm hating myself for standing up for them though... but well PC isn't mine so i have to stick to it...)

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    and the problem is that there ARE people on PC who supports it too. Shining Arcanine's famous ban is the best proof of this... didnt' 3 threads of flames broke out at the same time flaming him about banning someone just because he is bisexual? so... just trying my best to accomodate "both side" here. (and it won't be easy... at least like a page of discussion will break out from this before we come to a final conclusion) x.x;;

as i said already, if someone does offer you a same gender pairing which you dislike, you can simply refuse the offer. just because they are minority, that doesn't mean we can ban something that they have the right to. everyone on PC has the right to be paired up, regardless of gender preferences (i'm hating myself for standing up for them though... but well PC isn't mine so i have to stick to it...)

Then it would become a war and everyone will start to debate about it. I don't want to hear any more insults from people about me... so it's safe to prohibit it instead of allowing it...

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Well, you've all brought up some good points, but I side with frostweaver on this one. *sighs*

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Since this topic is nothing.
    It is nothing if you pair up with someone that can't talk with you.
    Heh...it's mean nothing.

DUDE!!!

shiny_jiggly

Pu? (Clueless?)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Pu?
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Pharaoh Kuroko said:
    Heh...it's mean nothing.

DUDE!!!
    Rather than that, you can say that this topic means nothing to people who don't login to PC often. This applies to me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Pharaoh Kuroko said:
    Heh...it's mean nothing.

DUDE!!!

and that is why during the summer i strongly refused to pair up with anyone... brings back memories of those days where Carol, a few others and I run around making photocopies of "no pair up contract" with Haruka chasing behind us with a shredding machine/scissor... heh... (and after a more serious discussion about it today's rule #3 is established)

glad to see that a few others are beginning to see my POV on this too ^_^

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • no one hardly even pairs up here any more! its like the whole concept of pairing up is slowly dying, only a few pairs actually still together and TALKING to eachother.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back