• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official PokeWalker Discussion Thread

Do you like the PokeWalker?

• They're my favourite part of HGSS!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • They're pretty cool.

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Meh, I don't use them much.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I use the PW a lot and I even use it as an official pedometre. This morning, went out at 4:30am and returned at 6:00 am and clocked 10198 steps and caught a shelder and Poliwag, along with two berries and a dive ball. With this, i had my Kyogre in the PW. Fun times.

Years
  • i stuck my starter in there...first day of having it....it doesnt seem like it records the steps...does it normally do this?

well it depends on where you put the pokewalker. if you don't put it in the right place on your body it won't work. go figure. I put mine in my pocket (should say used to 'cause I'm taking a break with using it right now) when I use it and it works there. but when I clip it to the top of my pants it won't work

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I'm too lazy to actually put it in my pocket whenever I go anywhere so I hooked mine up to my ceiling fan with some ridiculous contraption. I just left it on all day yesterday. FYI it maxes out when you get up to 99999 steps for the day, but I'm pretty sure you still get watts even though the counter is maxed out.

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
  • I'm too lazy to actually put it in my pocket whenever I go anywhere so I hooked mine up to my ceiling fan with some ridiculous contraption. I just left it on all day yesterday. FYI it maxes out when you get up to 99999 steps for the day, but I'm pretty sure you still get watts even though the counter is maxed out.

Why didn't I think of that!? Anyway, I used to be obsessed with it to train my chikorita and zubat. But when they reached suitable levels I really stopped using it. But I did get really good exercise with it.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • haha pokewalker is like my favorite...i akways put my cyndaquil in it or sometimes my igglibuff....and i caught like a bunch of cool pokemon....like surfing pikachu etc.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    Turns out watts max out too at 9999. Just thought I'd put that out there in case someone else does some stupid trick like mine or is just too lazy to transfer them to your game.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Meh, I don't really like or use my PokeWalkers. I used it only once because I wanted to try it once, and didn't really get much fun out of it. I like how GameFreak was trying to get their gamers to get on their feet, but it didn't appeal much to me (mainly because it was probably designed for the younger PokePlayers).

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I love the pokemon walker. It makes me feel like a pokemon trainer, hahaha. I only recently got HeartGold, so there isn't a pokemon I take out more than others. I take them out at random. But, now I realized I have to be more careful, because I don't want to miss a move one might be getting if they reached a certain level.

Oh, and my pokemon walker is in Japanese, so it's a way for me to study a bit while on the go. And the simple battle system is entertaining.

I saw a thread about modding the pokemon walker. I would really like to make mine a GS Ball, so that one day when I finally get that celebi, I can carry it around in its GS Ball. Hehe.

Years
  • I did use the pokewalker for a while it was pretty fun and got me some battles with my friends ex-teams in viridian city, but unfortuneatley i don't check my pockets before washing my clothes...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The PokeWalker is easily one of my favorite features of HG/SS. I bring it with me almost everywhere I go (even to school, since it's so big that I gather a lot of watts there). In my SS game, I currently have 14,390 watts collected. I don't know what my favorite course is; I just like them.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • The Pokewalker.

Question:
    How much do you actually use your Pokewalker? What's the most interesting thing you have found using it?

I personally haven't been using it for a while, but recently I have been taking it wherever I go. It's like my phone or my iPod or something ^_^;

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Well, when I first got SS I thought it was awesome and I carried it with me everywhere. But then I started using it less and less, and now I don't even remember the last time I used it.

I really should though, as there are a few things I want to get from there. And I never found anything rare or interesting, even with a bunch of steps.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • Yea I never find anything interesting either -___-
    I do think it is useful in leveling up your weaker Pokemon though, that is, if you walk a lot. I really get a lot of EXP points since I walk all over my college campus all day ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I walk a lot so i use the pokewalker. It's with me virtually all the time.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • I used it night and day and was trying to max out the amount of watts I could get, until about two months ago I lost it with a Chansey on it. :[

Oh no!!! I love Chansey :( You can max out the watts? How many do you need to do that? Do you get something for doing it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oh no!!! I love Chansey :( You can max out the watts? How many do you need to do that? Do you get something for doing it?
    The max amount of watts you can carry in your PokeWalker is 9999. You don't get anything special for doing that, unfortunately.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I have never used my Pokewalker, whilst I thought the idea and features are good, it just never appealed to me to use.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • hey, bobandabil, Hiiro is the corect spelling, not Hirro

Well, I tend to use mine at school (since I have a lot of stairs) and for my frequent walks with my grandpa (7500+ steps weekly, yay !). Also, I recently got Soul Silver, which means a second Pokewalker. But since SS is for challenges, I transfer all my watts to HG.

I want that damn Spiritomb from the last route... ;;

Also, I once got nervous on it since I couldn't catch a Munchlax, and I started throwing it all over the room. My HG one. It has cracks all over its body, haha !...

Here are two pictures :

Crack 1
    Spoiler:

Crack 2
    Spoiler:

First crack ain't so visible, ubt the second doubled in length, since I took these pictures in July.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back