• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Premier League Discussion

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I personally think that, Liverpool can't be judged after one game...A game in which any club would've struggled, yes we miss Alonso..Badly..Yes we have absolutely no depth..But we had no depth last season either...We've replaced Alonso with Aquilani who, from what I've seen, has just as much ability as Alonso and is younger.

We are now faced with what I think is a weaker Man U team, a weaker Chelsea, in the fact that Hiddink > Ancelotti..Ancelotti was just a name IMO, and ok, a stronger Arsenal team, due to the fact that they've matured, but still lack the experience and strength to make the cut..Yeah, you can pass against open teams...Just wait until you go away to Stoke.

I have no idea how this season will pan out...I think it will be more open than ever though.

Years
Arsenal cant be too much stronger, while a few of their younger players are much better now (Wilshere) they also sold Toure and Adebayor without replacements.

Unless you count Vermaelen who was apparently only an average player at Ajax.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Arsenal cant be too much stronger, while a few of their younger players are much better now (Wilshere) they also sold Toure and Adebayor without replacements.

Unless you count Vermaelen who was apparently only an average player at Ajax.

Toure was past his best...Adebayor will be missed, but he was always second best to Van Persie.

Vermaelen..I'm not too sure what to make of him, he did look good against everton but then again, so did the whole Arsenal team.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Toure was past his best...Adebayor will be missed, but he was always second best to Van Persie.

Vermaelen..I'm not too sure what to make of him, he did look good against everton but then again, so did the whole Arsenal team.

1. There is still time for the transfer window to close, so Wenger can still buy and he wants to strengthen his denfense, so who knows he may buy or not buy. Varmaelen played well in both the Everton game & against Celtic so he may not be the best replacement but he is showing to be good.

tbh no one at arsenal misses Adebayor. I've always prefered Eduardo > Ade, and now there is Arshavin? so what's the problem.
Arsenal on the whole seem to be a stronger team than last season, but how strong we wont know until the season progresses.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Arsenal can really buy anyone they want, bar the obvious over priced players.

But Arsene won't...He'll spend a small amount on a young player perhaps...That'll be all we see from him for the rest of the window..Sure, that player may grow into a great player in about 5 years or so, but Arsenal need players for now IMHO.

Years
Burnley 1 up.

This looks like a start to the bad form we usually encounter at the start of the season. Considering the diffciulty of the first two games I thought we'd get away with it this time but oh well.

Years
Defoe, all I can say is :O

Our lineup was a joke, Berbatov showed when he came on why he should be selected first, he can actually create a few of his own chances and shoot from a distance. Owen is there for the simple chances at the end, he shouldnt be on for the majority of the match.

As for Park over Valencia, wth?

Fergie needs to stop playing players out of position and also needs to stop dropping the mega money obvious stars for the good squad players.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I forgot to mention Liverpool are on form since their last defeat. They played rather well.

Years
Anyone should be able to play well against Stoke.

Burnley beat Arsenal and Chelsea last year so I can see them becoming a bogey team.

Even if they are though, we still have holes in the squad.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I'm happy with Liverpools result today, still think against the better teams we will miss Alonso.

Manchester Utd were poor tonight, really poor. Ferguson I think played a bad team with players in the wrong place and only has himself to blame for that loss.

Years
I'm happy with Liverpools result today, still think against the better teams we will miss Alonso.

Manchester Utd were poor tonight, really poor. Ferguson I think played a bad team with players in the wrong place and only has himself to blame for that loss.

HI RAZERRR

Exactly.

Fergie needs to bring in someone better than Owen. Last season we had 4 world class strikers, now we have 2 and someone to waste alot of chances and score a few.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I'll say my piece.

Fergy can't be blamed for that defeat..Any Man U team should be able to overcome Burnley.

I personally didn't think that it was a penalty in the Birmingham/Pompey match, James had his eyes on the ball all the way, and Larsson purposely got in the way.

Woah. Spurs are on top form, but then again it is Hull...No one is tipping them to do any good this season, with good reason. [rhyming ftw].

I think Liverpool were strong..And I still think that beating Stoke 4-0 is something, I think Stoke proved last season that they aren't push-overs.

It's still early days but I think Liverpool still have a good chance. I don't really say any of the "big 4" being loads better than anyone else...It's going to be open.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I'll say my piece.

Fergy can't be blamed for that defeat..Any Man U team should be able to overcome Burnley.

I personally didn't think that it was a penalty in the Birmingham/Pompey match, James had his eyes on the ball all the way, and Larsson purposely got in the way.

Woah. Spurs are on top form, but then again it is Hull...No one is tipping them to do any good this season, with good reason. [rhyming ftw].

I think Liverpool were strong..And I still think that beating Stoke 4-0 is something, I think Stoke proved last season that they aren't push-overs.

It's still early days but I think Liverpool still have a good chance. I don't really say any of the "big 4" being loads better than anyone else...It's going to be open.
Man U still need to get the bacis right of their team. Man U really need to get the team spot on early because this year cannot allow any flops.

Years
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Defoe is on form this season, and i think Spurs are a fantastic team, as long as they keep doing what they have produced in the previous matches.
Man U are proving a point and seem to be back in the game, however i still have my doubts on Liverpool seeing their poor performance against Aston Villa.
Chelsea are looking good.
Arsenal are suffering from injuries again :O

Years
Liverpool losing by two, awful.

I personally thought we would start poorly given our loss to Burnley but we already have a spot in the top 4. (Tbf we're practically 5th though)

I think Liverpool, despite their strong season last time around, will possibly drop out the big 4 if anyone does. Though I think the Big 4 will stay the same. I'd say that Spurs will get to 4th but its too early to see if this is just a really spectacular start or not.

Back