• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    pfft hahaha xDD this is sounding more and more like a Final Fantasy than a Pokemon Game
    which i dont have TOO much of a problem with b;<

haha North, South and the picture of the supposed "East and West" (or Admins)
    look rather interesting =DD they look like girls to me ;DD
    the one on the right reminds me of a girl version of e4 Aaron (well girlier) xDD jk

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I got some gym leader rumors! Woohoo? They are from PokeJungle:
    A PokéJungle visitor by the name of 'OK' has very kindly pointed out the presence of two other trainers in Dento's Gym. Could it be that our first gym leader is in fact a team of three!?

Waiters. A Fire-type user, a Water-type user and their head waiter, Dento, A Grass-type user. Most likely each having only a single Pokémon.

In Ruby and Sapphire Tate and Liz were introduced as the first (and to date last) double battle Gym Leaders. So having more than one leader at once won't be a new thing.

What this means has yet to be revealed but could be that Dento greets you in the beginning then you proceed to battle each leader with Dento being last. Or it could even be a triple battle~? Only time will tell!
    Official Rumours Thread

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They may have been posted already, but try to add to the discussion AceDragonite. D:

Hopefully Dento's only main role is giving you the badge, if there is actually three gym leaders.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The other two could be his defense trainers. Those people that you have to fight right before the Gym Leader. I think there are always at least 2 in the first Gym.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    The starter evos are not necessarily fake,,..Dang !..PJ says there is a chance they r legit...i still believe they r fake

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    If there actually weren't, you wouldn't be able to transfer old Pokémon over (which has been confirmed), would you?

But more specifically, at least without outside interactions, you can't get any non-Generation-V Pokémon in Black and White until receiving the National Pokédex. That's already been confirmed.

thats what i mean. until you get the national dex you cant get any non generation 5 pokemon. i sorta dont like that though :|

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    thats what i mean. until you get the national dex you cant get any non generation 5 pokemon. i sorta dont like that though :|
    Why? The only thing i dislike about it is that you might not be able to assemble your "Dream Team" rigth away. But all the good things about it completely shadows that fact. I mean Look at it this way, you'll be able to learn aobut the new pokemon, learn the right move for the right pokemon, plus, you wont meet any, zubat or geodude's. Yay.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Plus, you can probably get non-5th generation Pokemon before the National Dex by trading from another B/W that has them, but their number will just be labled as ??? like in D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Plus, you can probably get non-5th generation Pokemon before the National Dex by trading from another B/W that has them, but their number will just be labled as ??? like in D/P/Pt/HG/SS
    Yeah probably, the same if you brred an gen V evolution of a previous gen pokemon while you have the REG DEX.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Yeah probably, the same if you brred an gen V evolution of a previous gen pokemon while you have the REG DEX.
    Not necessarily. If you look back at FireRed and LeafGreen, you couldn't have any other regional Pokémon in the game, until you obtained the National Dex and completed the quest for the Ruby and Sapphire gem. Even if LeafGreen had Pokémon from RSE, they couldn't even be traded to FireRed if it hadn't met the same requirements. The same method could apply to Black and White if they really want to keep this game only with the Gen V Pokémon until after you receive the Nation Dex.

As far as pre-evolutions go, we haven't seen any yet, although I'm sure there might be a couple. Although, like in previous games, there could be a certain new incense or item needed to hatch that pre-evolution from an egg, which might not even be obtained until after you earn the National Dex. So, if GameFreak really wanted, they can keep this game intact with only Isshu region-based Pokémon like how they did it with FRLG.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Not necessarily. If you look back at FireRed and LeafGreen, you couldn't have any other regional Pokémon in the game, until you obtained the National Dex and completed the quest for the Ruby and Sapphire gem. Even if LeafGreen had Pokémon from RSE, they couldn't even be traded to FireRed if it hadn't met the same requirements. The same method could apply to Black and White if they really want to keep this game only with the Gen V Pokémon until after you receive the Nation Dex.

As far as pre-evolutions go, we haven't seen any yet, although I'm sure there might be a couple. Although, like in previous games, there could be a certain new incense or item needed to hatch that pre-evolution from an egg, which might not even be obtained until after you earn the National Dex. So, if GameFreak really wanted, they can keep this game intact with only Isshu region-based Pokémon like how they did it with FRLG.
    Yeah and they could also do the HGSS approach to Incense's :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

yeah, but DPPt -> HGSS was possible pre-national dex. :|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back