• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • Can't we just say that for every other information or rumour about B/W? This is a discussion about it, so obviously we're 'predicting' what we might see in the games that's unreleased and before it's released. I can rant more but i don't want to. :x

Anyways, i'm agreed with Forever. Now that I think about it, it seems that Wooguru looks to be unrelated to Mame as well.

Octillery looks unrelated to Remoraid.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • ...lol, but that image belongs in the Dream World thread along the lines of people having predicted the Dream World back in 2003, or something.

On the topic of Mamepato's evolution - Wooguru looks closer than Swana does to it, but I don't think either is likely. I am aware that there have been large changes of Pokemon with their evolutions in the past, but I think this change is just too large to actually be likely.
    I think you may have contradicted yourself there....

I can't say I understand your thought process. I bet if Magikarp and Gyarados had just been revealed, you (and probably a lot of other people) would be saying that there is no way they are part of the same evolutionary line.

So how exactly is it too large a change? If someone said to me: "For £500 - Remoraid evolves into Octillery, or Mamepato evolves into Wooguru. Which is true?" I know that I would bet on Mamepato -> Wooguru.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    To be honest, Ability-wise, it would make sense for Mamepato to have some evolutionary relation to Swana. But, I would think of it as being a bit stupid; Okay, ugly duck to swan, I can understand but, pigeon to swan? There isn't much of a link there....

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Sure, that evolution might not make total sense. But as was said before, we've seen nonsensical evolutions before, like Remoraid/Octillery.

Actually, the Remoraid Evolutionary line does make sense; both are based off war/natural weaponry (such as a certain fish that shoots water to hit insects and the ink of an octopus).
    Anyway, think about it, the 4th Gen' didn't have any Pokemon that seemed nonsensical and, well, onwards and upwards, really. :I

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think you may have contradicted yourself there....

I can't say I understand your thought process. I bet if Magikarp and Gyarados had just been revealed, you (and probably a lot of other people) would be saying that there is no way they are part of the same evolutionary line.

So how exactly is it too large a change? If someone said to me: "For £500 - Remoraid evolves into Octillery, or Mamepato evolves into Wooguru. Which is true?" I know that I would bet on Mamepato -> Wooguru.

Actually, they both have "scales", and really... they do actually look similar to me.

I'd still bet on Octillery. Wooguru looks stand-alone to me, and that's just how I see it. Hey, if it turns out to be Mamepato's evolution, then at least one of us were right :)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    The broccoli Pokémon was confirmed today on Pokémon Sunday.
    And the name is Yanappu.

Official Rumours Thread

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Official Rumours Thread

Yes I know, the text box is edited. But it is true, I already confirmed it, lol.
    Wow nice spotting!! That is really cool that it was being developed since Hoenn. Maybe that scientist could be a character in HG SS. Seems likely if he was the one with the idea of the Dream World. That is really interesting.

Years
  • Wow nice spotting!! That is really cool that it was being developed since Hoenn. Maybe that scientist could be a character in HG SS. Seems likely if he was the one with the idea of the Dream World. That is really interesting.

Little hints and tidbits like this make me think the "New" games and pokemon have been around for years already, Their designs and beta artwork safe in some studio at Gamefreak. Same concept with the star wars prequels, George Lucas had the whole story planned out from the beginning, but he waited on releasing them until the technology, and the time was right for such an endeavor.

The fact we saw Ho-Oh in the second-ever anime episode, 3 years or so before G/S/C backs that up i think

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Little hints and tidbits like this make me think the "New" games and pokemon have been around for years already, Their designs and beta artwork safe in some studio at Gamefreak. Same concept with the star wars prequels, George Lucas had the whole story planned out from the beginning, but he waited on releasing them until the technology, and the time was right for such an endeavor.

The fact we saw Ho-Oh in the second-ever anime episode, 3 years or so before G/S/C backs that up i think
    There is even a rumor that the creator already had 1000 pokemon planned out since the start...though some got changes done to their original artwork...

Bay

Years
  • Little hints and tidbits like this make me think the "New" games and pokemon have been around for years already, Their designs and beta artwork safe in some studio at Gamefreak. Same concept with the star wars prequels, George Lucas had the whole story planned out from the beginning, but he waited on releasing them until the technology, and the time was right for such an endeavor.

Wasn't Ho-Oh featured in the very first episode of the anime and then again (in a flashback) in the second episode?

Anyways, interesting reference there. I think there's more fun stuff over at that Hoenn company, so those inventions could be used in later generations also. XD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Octillery looks unrelated to Remoraid.

I think this argument has been played too much. I mean yes it's true that some Pokemon and their evolutions aren't the most similiar looking of things but ALOT are. I mean Remoraid->Octillery, Magikarp->Gyarados, Pineco->Forretress and Feebas->Milotic. But most of those do have some basis. Machinery, Ugly Duckling, Weak grows strong etc. Mamepato and Swana have an abundance of differences between them. Besides the fact that Mamepato has generic bird written all over it, Swana has webbed feet while Mamepato has normal Pigeon ones.

Most the weird evolutions come from the Water typing or more specifically, they're often fish. This could have something to do with evolution (not Pokemon evolution, could get put in jail for teaching it in the 50's evolution.) But to be sure I'll make sense of the odd evolutions.

1) Remoraid and Octillery are tough ones but they do have clues in their name that differ from almost every other Pokemon.

2) Magikarp and Gyarados. This one's really not that hard. I mean they share the exact same crown-shaped dorsal fins and whiskers. Not to mention the supposed origin:

Spoiler:

3) Feebas and Milotic. This one isn't obvious physically but it's not to hard to figure out. Feebas is designed to be ugly and crappy so it can evolve into Milotic, the beautiful strong Pokemon that it is. Not only does it epitamize a very well known children's story, it copies the evolutionary chain of example number 2). It also follows the fish theme.

4) Pineco and Forretress. This is a harder one. (For me anyways) But based on appearance it's not inconceivable that they'd be of the same evolutionary chain. Plus they both could represent weapons (Hand grenade, turret.) Also, they both resemble tree nuts, and as they are based on bagworms, that makes sense.

Spoiler:

In summarizing, Mamepato and Swana could be of the same evolutionary family but at this point it's redundant to think so; besides their ability-which means little-there is nothing to suggest that Mamepato will evolve into Swana.

Years
  • Wasn't Ho-Oh featured in the very first episode of the anime and then again (in a flashback) in the second episode?

Anyways, interesting reference there. I think there's more fun stuff over at that Hoenn company, so those inventions could be used in later generations also. XD

All i remember is that Ash saw Ho-Oh after pikachu zapped the band of spearow's, so either first or second episode. its been 12 years haha. XD

Yeah i agree, it makes me want to work for Gamefreak so i can learn all those hidden secrets. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    All i remember is that Ash saw Ho-Oh after pikachu zapped the band of spearow's, so either first or second episode. its been 12 years haha. XD

Yeah i agree, it makes me want to work for Gamefreak so i can learn all those hidden secrets. XD

Just for the sake of clarification, it is the 1st episode right at the end.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • In summarizing, Mamepato and Swana could be of the same evolutionary family but at this point it's redundant to think so; besides their ability-which means little-there is nothing to suggest that Mamepato will evolve into Swana.
    I certainly don't think Mamepato and Swana are related, but I'm willing to bet that Mamepato and Wooguru are. Odds are stacked against me I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wooguru was the final evolution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back