• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
Years
  • Surmonter said:
    Is it possible that Mamapato evolves into Habooto, then depending on the gender it evolves into either Wooguru or Swana?

I hope not. Wooguru better be standalone, though I don't care about Swana. It'd be silly for a rock pidgeon to evolve into a swan :X. I like Farfetch'd -> Swana better than that, and that evo line is total crack.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Is it possible that Mamapato evolves into Habooto, then depending on the gender it evolves into either Wooguru or Swana?

I can see that happening. :3
    If that happens than this will be our first regional bird that splits into two evolutions, it's been done with our regional bug before in Hoenn but never with our Regional bird, so it will be interesting to see :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I hope not. Wooguru better be standalone, though I don't care about Swana. It'd be silly for a rock pidgeon to evolve into a swan :X. I like Farfetch'd -> Swana better than that, and that evo line is total crack.
    You people really need to stop being so vague. Otherwise decent discussion will be minimal.

Why exactly had Wooguru 'better' be standalone?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • You people really need to stop being so vague. Otherwise decent discussion will be minimal.

If you're not vague then your post becomes too long and nobody reads it :P But thank you for reading my post! I'd say Wooguru is more likely but I'm still doubting it. The colour scheme seems off and presumed origin wise I can't see much connection. But it is a possibility.

And Wooguru reminds me of Fearow.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • If you're not vague then your post becomes too long and nobody reads it :P But thank you for reading my post! I'd say Wooguru is more likely but I'm still doubting it. The colour scheme seems off and presumed origin wise I can't see much connection. But it is a possibility.

And Wooguru reminds me of Fearow.

Only if you ramble.

If Wooguru reminds you of Fearow..wouldn't it make sense to think it has a pre-evolution? lol

The Red Chain

If you're not vague then your post becomes too long and nobody reads it :P
    Not true. I find long posts the more interesting ones to read myself.
    I tend not to read small ones. :x

Wooguru and Swana becoming gender evolutions for a pidgeon can sound a little odd.. but they do relate ability wise on both of the potential-evo birds. As for look wise, Swana and Mamepato look the closest. Heart shape on chest, flocking together.. those two things make me believe they are related somehow, even if not evo wise.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Only if you ramble.

If Wooguru reminds you of Fearow..wouldn't it make sense to think it has a pre-evolution? lol

Yeah...I believe Wooguru will have a pre-evo. I just don't think it'll be Mamepato. That's what I was replying too.

Not true. I find long posts the more interesting ones to read myself.
    I tend not to read small ones. :x

They're need to be more people like you on PC. =/

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • You people really need to stop being so vague. Otherwise decent discussion will be minimal.

As in "it had better be a Pokemon without an evolution." It's a little big for that, but I miss having single stage Pokemon that are decent or have a pre-evo/new evo the next generation.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This was the best quality shot I could find:
    180px-Hatooboo.jpg
    images
    other than the feathers, and feet they aren't too much alike, Hatooboo seems to be dark blue while Mamepato is grey.

------------------------------
    Anyway I'll change the subject the brocolli monkey pokemon is one of my favs, and I am intrigued that it learns Acrobat, a flying type move, I personally think its evo will be Grass/Fighting. It could always be pure grass as well, but the prospect of Grass/Fight and Grass/Flying make me very happy either way so what do you think?

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • I would beat my life that Mamepato, Swana and Wargle are not related - I can't even comprehend how people could think otherwise.

I would also wager a large chunk of money (hundreds, millions if I had it) that Hatoobo is the evolution of Mamepato - the difference in colours is a combination of the usual shade changes that happen between evolution crossed with the distorted colours of sprites.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...and from now on we're leaving the discussion of Mamepato's evolution to this thread otherwise terrible things will happen!

Also, the new Monkey can be discussed here. Let's leave this to rumours. D:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • ...and from now on we're leaving the discussion of Mamepato's evolution to this thread otherwise terrible things will happen!

Also, the new Monkey can be discussed here. Let's leave this to rumours. D:
    Yeah, the Mamepato -> Wooguru/Swana thing got a bit out of hand. I disagree that we shouldn't be allowed to talk about the evolutions in this thread as well, though. If a Pokemon is rumoured to evolve into another Pokemon, it's a rumour.

I know speculation is different from rumour, but still.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well yes, but currently Mamepato's evolution into Swana or Wooguru isn't a rumour, so it doesn't count. If there is a rumoured evolution, by all means, discuss it.

Kibago to Ononokusu, apparently, is a rumour though, so technically is allowed to be discussed. Personally I don't want that to be true, though then again it is likely so...

Bay

Years
  • Kibago to Ononokusu, apparently, is a rumour though, so technically is allowed to be discussed. Personally I don't want that to be true, though then again it is likely so...
    Not sure how the Kibago to Ononokusu rumor got started, but I probably missed it in a post of this thread or something. I remember though one of the rumors here was Ononokusu could be Dragon/Rock, so it could be the chance the two are related since Kibago is Dragon. I don't want it to be true either, but it's moreso because I'm a big Ononokusu fan already and I actually would like a small Dragon Pokemon that doesn't evolve. D: However, if the two are related, I'll get use to it I guess.

Years
  • The Kibago evolving into Ononokusu rumour probably started because people were trying to see if Ononokusu would be the pseudo for b/w. Kibago was rumoured to evolve into Onono because people were pointing out similarities between the two. I don't mind having Kibago as the pre-evolution for Ononokusu because i don't even use pseudos throughout the story. Unless you can get it early in the game which i doubt it will happen. ):

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The Kibago evolving into Ononokusu rumour probably started because people were trying to see if Ononokusu would be the pseudo for b/w. Kibago was rumoured to evolve into Onono because people were pointing out similarities between the two. I don't mind having Kibago as the pre-evolution for Ononokusu because i don't even use pseudos throughout the story. Unless you can get it early in the game which i doubt it will happen. ):

The rumor of Kibago turning into Ononokusu was started by some people because there are features both of them share.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back