• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    The broccoli Pokémon was confirmed today on Pokémon Sunday.
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Yanappu
    Grass Monkey Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Gluttony
    Height: 0.6 m
    Weight: 10.5 kg
    New Move: Acrobat

Thanks to Pokéjungle for the name, the image and the information.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Unsurprising that it was real, honestly.

In any case, it reminds me of Ambipom. That's a really good thing; I actually like it. I typically hate all Grass-types.

Years
    It looks like Aipom for me, alright. I hate Aipom so automatically I won't like it. I'll change my mind if it would have an acceptable evolution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    Yeah reminds me of Aipom, but I think I like it better than Aipom. It's hilarious to look at, but cute at the same time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Also known as the Grass Monkey Pokémon. It has the ability Gluttony with one of its move being Acrobat; and is a grass type pokémon. In some ways it reminds me very much of Aipom (like a lot of the posters before me are saying); the face, artwork, and a few other features in its design. Comparing it to the earlier image of the figurine we saw it as, I can definitely say I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It's funny to see it look like a broccoli though. XD;

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    The broccoli Pokémon was confirmed today on Pokémon Sunday.

Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Yanappu
    The Acrobat Pokémon
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Gluttony
    Height: 0.6 m
    Weight: 10.5 kg
    Yes! I was hoping it would turn out real!
    I like it,I'm definintly getting one.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I think he's pretty cute!!
    zomg I am getting really excited for pokemon black and white, it comes out really soon in jap right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    Hmm, I thought it'd be a fake, but I've been wrong before. Too bad this isn't the Grass-type starter for this upcoming gen. instead of yet another reptile.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I could state my opinion but its pretty obvious based on my signature of what I think of this new monkey.

I hope it evolves but not in the way Aipom does.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I was watching the stream of the episode for a while, but turned it off before this. Figures. Ahhh, whatever...

I used an Aipom/Ambipom in SoulSilver, and I've learned to like the monkey, so Yanappu's resemblance doesn't bother me much. But holy cow, actual hands. That's new. It reminds me a little of a lemur, too, for some reason. I like the sound of the new ability Acrobat, and I was looking forward to seeing if this guy was real or not. I hope it evolves, since if it does it has a spot on my Black team for sure.

Oh, and hey, anybody remember the fake art from a couple weeks back? I'm thankful it turned out to be like this instead...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    An Aipom replacement. It looks really funny, I like it's head. Wonder what its evo will look like. I like its move Acrobat too, good for triple battles.

Back