• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
  • I just saw this and I'm kind of interested in seeing where they go with it. I suppose at some point they can't keep adding new Pokemon to the list, but with this they can sort of keep adding without actually adding. I actually like the new looks on Mawile and Ampharos, but not as much with Lucario and Blaziken.

If this is real. Despite not liking the idea of Mega's, at all, I agree with you that Mawile and Ampharos are the most aesthetically pleasing. It's odd that everyone seems to be singling out Ampharos' design as being awful, when it actually looks pretty elegant as a maned sheep dragon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If it was fake, I would assume GF would have confirmed that it was fake by now. However, they still have not said anything.

I really can't wait to see a Megalution of Empoleon.

Years
  • So, the new movie, Pokemon Extreme Speed, with the new mewtwo forme. it states that it is his awakened forme, if I am not mistaken; so why now is it a mega evolution?? Correct me if I am mistaken. Also, has anyone watched the movie? Can anyone confirm whether or not they described the origin behind the mewtwo related pokemon.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Where exactly in the translation does it say that it's only a in battle evolution , and I'm using evolution instead of new forms because that's what they are, unless that was a mistranslation. I personally love this , but I'm not sure how this will work because nobody would use any of the old pokemon if everyone gets a mega evolution

Sir Codin

AAAAnnnnnd, the fanbase has been cleaved into separate parts once again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mega Mawile, Mega Ampharos and Mega Blaziken are starting to grow on me. I don't have an opinion on Mega Absol just yet.

Better prepare yourselves for the genwunners who react so negatively towards Mega Charizard

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Everything I have read is saying they are forms and that they are just called Megalutions. I highly doubt they would evolve a Mewtwo to be honest. Not to mentions Mewtwo can change between Mega and normal in the movie. I would assume it only transforms during battle. And why would you need a different hold item if the pokemon gains stats when it goes to Mega.

The again Deoxis can change forms during battle as well. Regardless it is still a form.

Sir Codin

Are you kidding me? I'm looking forward to Mega Charizard!

My Mega Charizard and Mega Aggron are going to. rape. your. s***. BACKWARDS!!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoPWALM2riQ

So lock up your daughter
    And lock up your wife
    Lock up your back door
    And run for your life
    The 'zard is back in towwwwwn

Last edited:

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Maybe they're going to be localized as Knight Pokemon? Like, Knight Charizard, Knight Blaziken? Sounds a lot better than Mega Charizard, to be honest.

This will only be a good idea to me if every evolutionary family gets one.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Everything I have read is saying they are forms and that they are just called Megalutions. I highly doubt they would evolve a Mewtwo to be honest. Not to mentions Mewtwo can change between Mega and normal in the movie. I would assume it only transforms during battle. And why would you need a different hold item if the pokemon gains stats when it goes to Mega.

The again Deoxis can change forms during battle as well. Regardless it is still a form.

If Game Freak are using Mega evolutions are they really just forms?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Pretty sure this MegaMawile was specifically created to counter Dragons, as it's quadruple resistant to Dragon moves (Steel/Fairy). However, the regular run-of-the-mill Mawile is still weak.

I'd rather they evolved Mawile instead of Megafying it, though. It almost sounds like cheating. And the MegaMawile looks like ass.

Fairy has never been stated to resist Dragon types. Mawile doesn't Double Resist Dragon.

I should add...yet. Still no official word on it and it may not happen, possible, but also possible to not happen at all. SE and Resist through 2 elements isn't a bad thing really, but even still its almost not enough. She has no Fairy Attacks to back her up yet.

Last edited:

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • Fairy has never been stated to resist Dragon types. Mawile doesn't Double Resist Dragon.

I should add...yet. Still no official word on it and it may not happen, possible, but also possible to not happen at all. SE and Resist through 2 elements isn't a bad thing really, but even still its almost not enough. She has no Fairy Attacks to back her up yet.

Well Fairy, I believe was confirmed to be strong against dragon types, as it was designed to get rid of the lack of powerful moves, since only Ice and Dragon were strong against it. So why wouldn't it resist Dragon? It's more common to not only be strong against an element, but to be resistant against it as well....
    Not a lot are strong against something, and not resistant to it. And usually in those cases, they're weak to it instead, like ghost and dragon being weak to themselves.
    As are most types are resistant to themselves.

Then again, it could be the case like Psychic and Ghost both are supereffective against the other.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Whooo. What to say about these things. Well, they are certainly interesting. Now, from what I HAVE been able to read, these Pokemon are indeed Evolving. The Pokemon definition of evolution usually is a permanent thing, from what I've experienced, whether or not these follow the same idea is a completely different story. What... I mean, whoa.

Some of these seem like they will become absolutely broken Pokemon, making me believe the above posts are correct, that these are only forms that can take place at a temporary time. Blaziken and Lucario are strong enough as is, and the fact that the "Mewthree" as many call it, is a MegaEvolution of Mewtwo, makes me believe this even more. Now, if the case is indeed permanent evolution, it better be really darn hard to achieve these new forms.

However, this is purely speculation as the title of the topic implies, and until more official info is released, I can really have nothing more to say here.

Years
  • These better act as legendaries of the region. Similar to shadow pokemon of XD. They are a part of the whole DNA evil science project gone wrong theme, and they will be a thing of the past with the addition of new games. I hope anyways!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    These better act as legendaries of the region. Similar to shadow pokemon of XD. They are a part of the whole DNA evil science project gone wrong theme, and they will be a thing of the past with the addition of new games. I hope anyways!

I would be so pissed tbh... I doubt that'd even happen though since their are type changes and all of that.

Back