• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Type change is irreverent to that point.

Since the mega Ampharos becomes part dragon, therefore Mega's must exist in future games?

When you're comparing it to something as irrelevant as SHADOW POKEMON? Get out of here... if what you're saying was plausible, then there would've been no reason to carry over any alternate forme of any Pokemon of any of the past games....

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Fairy has never been stated to resist Dragon types. Mawile doesn't Double Resist Dragon.

I should add...yet. Still no official word on it and it may not happen, possible, but also possible to not happen at all. SE and Resist through 2 elements isn't a bad thing really, but even still its almost not enough. She has no Fairy Attacks to back her up yet.

Do you really believe that a type created solely to counter Dragon won't resist Dragon as well? When Dark was created to counter Psychic, it was immune to Psychic.

One of Dragon's assets is that it's mostly unresisted across the type chart save for itself, which it's super effective against, and Steel. It would be silly of GF to create all these weak Fairies and not give them at least a Dragon resist. And it would be a golden opportunity to create the first Fairy that can actually wall Outrage, provided the mega form boosts stats since Mawile is pretty crappy all around.

Years
  • I hope that not a lot of Pokemon would have mega evolutions or, heaven forbid, all Pokemon. I'm thinking the eeveelutions wouldn't get one like Flareon or Espeon, but maybe they're finally doing a Normal/Fairy Mega Evolution for Eevee.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well Fairy, I believe was confirmed to be strong against dragon types, as it was designed to get rid of the lack of powerful moves, since only Ice and Dragon were strong against it. So why wouldn't it resist Dragon? It's more common to not only be strong against an element, but to be resistant against it as well....
    Not a lot are strong against something, and not resistant to it. And usually in those cases, they're weak to it instead, like ghost and dragon being weak to themselves.
    As are most types are resistant to themselves.

Then again, it could be the case like Psychic and Ghost both are supereffective against the other.

Strong against meant they were Super Effective against them. I mean Ice is Strong against Dragon, but doesn't resist it. Dragon is Strong Against Dragon and is weak to Dragon at the same time.

There are other elements that are strong against one but not resist them.

Fighting is Strong against Normal and Ice but doesn't resist either.
    Ground is strong against Fire and Steel and doesn't resist either.
    Rock is strong against Bug and Ice but doesn't resist either.
    Bug is strong against Psychic and Dark but doesn't resist either.
    Ghost is strong against Ghost and Psychic and doesn't resist Psychic while its weak to Ghost.
    Fire is strong against Ice and doesn't resist it.
    Water is strong against Rock and Ground but doesn't resist either.
    Grass is strong against Rock and doesn't resist it.
    Electric is strong against Water and doesn't resist it.
    Psychic is strong against Poison and doesn't resist it.
    Ice is strong against Dragon, Grass, Ground, and Flying and doesn't resist any of them.

Fairy was made to be Super Effective against Dragon, which is why they told us this. Doesn't mean that there is no chance it can be resistant to Dragon, but it means that's not what they meant by it being stronger than Dragon. Fairy exists to give Dragon Types one added weakness. That's exactly what they did.

So far Mawile only has normal resistance to Dragon types. Though even with x4 it may not be enough to survive an attack from one.

Also..No I didn't expect my list to get as large as it did. There were a fair number that were SE and Resisted but I don't think it was as large as the list that is just SE and not resistant. There were a few immunities as well.

Do you really believe that a type created solely to counter Dragon won't resist Dragon as well? When Dark was created to counter Psychic, it was immune to Psychic.

One of Dragon's assets is that it's mostly unresisted across the type chart save for itself, which it's super effective against, and Steel. It would be silly of GF to create all these weak Fairies and not give them at least a Dragon resist. And it would be a golden opportunity to create the first Fairy that can actually wall Outrage, provided the mega form boosts stats since Mawile is pretty crappy all around.

Steel was also made to counter Psychic by having Resistance only. Some types were changed in the process to better balance out Psychic as well. Just because they make it to counter doesn't mean they'll add Immunities and Resistances. They also never said it was to counter Dragons. It was made to weaken dragons. They made a type with the sole purpose of being able to do more damage to dragons. They have achieved this already. Dragons have fairly low Sp. Defense. One more Special type weakness that can spread through other pokemon weakens dragons considerably.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    If this turns out to be true then nobody will ever choose mudkip or treeko in the gen3 remakes

They wont just do it to one... you know. That would be stupid and get a lot of people mad. So them showing Torchic has one also leads us to assume the other starters will also have one.

Anyways besides him not looking at the obvious..
    My tanky speed/ special attack Eletrick/Dragon Ampharaos is GG for all my friends who wont let me use it in battle in its Normal form now.... Hope Dragonite has one.( They wont let me use my baby D-nite either =( now they totally wont let me..)

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • These better act as legendaries of the region. Similar to shadow pokemon of XD. They are a part of the whole DNA evil science project gone wrong theme, and they will be a thing of the past with the addition of new games. I hope anyways!

Pokemon doesn't exactly do one-shot things....
    If it's in these games, it'll be in more.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Strong against meant they were Super Effective against them. I mean Ice is Strong against Dragon, but doesn't resist it. Dragon is Strong Against Dragon and is weak to Dragon at the same time.

There are other elements that are strong against one but not resist them.

Fighting is Strong against Normal and Ice but doesn't resist either.
    Ground is strong against Fire and Steel and doesn't resist either.
    Rock is strong against Bug and Ice but doesn't resist either.
    Bug is strong against Psychic and Dark but doesn't resist either.
    Ghost is strong against Ghost and Psychic and doesn't resist Psychic while its weak to Ghost.
    Fire is strong against Ice and doesn't resist it.
    Water is strong against Rock and Ground but doesn't resist either.
    Grass is strong against Rock and doesn't resist it.
    Electric is strong against Water and doesn't resist it.
    Psychic is strong against Poison and doesn't resist it.
    Ice is strong against Dragon, Grass, Ground, and Flying and doesn't resist any of them.

Fairy was made to be Super Effective against Dragon, which is why they told us this. Doesn't mean that there is no chance it can be resistant to Dragon, but it means that's not what they meant by it being stronger than Dragon. Fairy exists to give Dragon Types one added weakness. That's exactly what they did.

So far Mawile only has normal resistance to Dragon types. Though even with x4 it may not be enough to survive an attack from one.

Also..No I didn't expect my list to get as large as it did. There were a fair number that were SE and Resisted but I don't think it was as large as the list that is just SE and not resistant. There were a few immunities as well.

They Basically Buffed Mawile. Even though mawile had some resistance it was not strong enough to survive in anything thats why you didnt see much of them. but I always loved it so glad it got buffed =D and Absol also. The ones i see to be unfair is Blazekin and Lucario.... They where already OP same with amphorous..

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I hope that not a lot of Pokemon would have mega evolutions or, heaven forbid, all Pokemon. I'm thinking the eeveelutions wouldn't get one like Flareon or Espeon, but maybe they're finally doing a Normal/Fairy Mega Evolution for Eevee.

One of the Korean sites had updated earlier and said its Evolution beyond evolution. I think the Mega Forms are for Fully evolved Pokemon only...which only confirms my earlier doubts that Mawile and Absol not being able to evolve in the future due to these.

So I hope its selective. More Mega means less chance for more to evolve in the future.

Years
  • When you're comparing it to something as irrelevant as SHADOW POKEMON? Get out of here... if what you're saying was plausible, then there would've been no reason to carry over any alternate forme of any Pokemon of any of the past games....

Actually, I only said similar in that they are exclusive to one region. Which is possible. The technology to craft shadow pokemon existed exclusively in that version. The same could be said with mega evolution technology, rather than simply formes as introduced in past generations.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • If Game Freak are using Mega evolutions are they really just forms?

Yes they can be. Game Freak has a way with not being specific on some things. Mewtwo was able to change at will while in battle in the movie and was able to change back. Not to mention they still called it Mewtwo in the movie. It is possible to be a form. It is possible to be an evolution, but I highly doubt this, because why would they evolve Mewtwo and not call it Mewthree? Why would they evolve a Legendary Pokemon period? This would make little since, it is called a Legendary for a reason. Though MegaBlaziken ect. could just be prototype name. Even the name Megaziken would be better than MegaBlaziken.

I don't hate the idea. In fact I like it, I just don't think they would add that many pokemon. Though it is possible that we may only get 10 or 15 Megas this generation, that opens up over 350+ possibilities for new pokemon. As I said, the only thing I really hate about this is the names. Also as I have said, I would love love love to see Megas for Empoleon, Braviary, Krookodile and a few others.

Imagine a MegaMagmortar or something.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Actually, I only said similar in that they are exclusive to one region. Which is possible. The technology to craft shadow pokemon existed exclusively in that version. The same could be said with mega evolution technology, rather than simply formes as introduced in past generations.

Shadow Pokemon are also not canon to the Main series so they will never appear in the main series games. The two games where they appear are spin offs that were not made by gamefreak and should never be compared to as they aren't the same developers.

These really aren't like Shadow Pokemon and since they are made by the mother company Gamefreak, they have a high chance of passing over into the next generation.

Torchic event confirms that Dream World "Hidden" Abilities still exist despite the possibility of the Dream World no longer existing when Gen 6 is released.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • As long as some favorites get mega forms, I'm fine, but I'm pretty sure, no I'm 99% sure, that only a select few will get these new forms, because the items seem to be species-specific and creating items for 350+ fully evolved Pokémon would eat up the code. If it acts as a stat booster, it's no different from an Eviolite really, except it will most likely "change" the Pokémon into something with a higher BST.

And I want my DNA Digievolutions.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I can't believe it took Game Freak more than a decade to make Ampharos Electric/Dragon, since its dex entry categorizes it as a dragon, with its mega evolution. They could've done so earlier without the mega evolution, and it would've helped diversify Claire's team by replacing one of her Dragonairs with it back in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Well you had the dumbest speculation... OF ALL TIME...

Anyway, maybe these MEGAs could have something to with Pokemon research or whatever the motives of Team Flare are. Would be awesome if the first Pokemon that they successfully awaken is a MegaBlaziken and that's how we're properly introduced to them.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Torchic event confirms that Dream World "Hidden" Abilities still exist despite the possibility of the Dream World no longer existing when Gen 6 is released.

The DW abilities will still exist but the method will change. Hopefully it's something better than the Dream World, and hopefully they don't become event exclusives.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • So that's our "scoop of the century"?! Quite a disappointment, especially considering that Blaziken is already an Uber in the competitive scene. Still, a four-stage evolutionary line has never happened before in Pokemon, unlike Digimon. I hope they'll all be given different names.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • The DW abilities will still exist but the method will change. Hopefully it's something better than the Dream World, and hopefully they don't become event exclusives.

I agree, dream world was one of the few things that was WAY too over the top.
    I like Dream Radar though, I think they should make an extended version, sort of like an improved Dream World...but on the 3DS itself not online.

And nobody answered my question. Is the news report about Region Locks real?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I...don't know how to feel about these designs. Hm. I'll need to think about this before coming to a complete conclusion. I'm leaning towards "like", though.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • ...I have no idea how I feel about this. I'm really hoping that if anything this will just be a different form change, not a new evolutionary stage. Having a Legendary evolve in Mewtwo's case just seems against what we've know for so long it'd be just weird to change (Which they can do whatever they want, but still, dat precedent). The Ampharos one just looks extremely silly. I mean, how does adding what looks like clouds on its head and tail give it Dragon typing?

Back