• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    What ability/new type we want for the mega starters (This list will be updated when you say what you want from them):
    MegaCharizard: Something that helps it against rock-types
    MegaBlaziken: Speed Boost
    MegaSwampert: Sap sipper
    MegaBlastoise: Crunch, Shell Smash, and reliable recovery
    MegaTyphlosion: Different stat spread than MegaCharizard
    MegaFeraligatr: Sheer Force, higher Attack and Speed
    MegaSceptile: Higher Attack
    MegaTorterra: Shell Smash
    MegaInfernape: Iron Fist
    MegaEmpoleon: Better bulk and/or Speed
    MegaSerperior: Contrary, more attacking moves
    MegaSamurott: Higher Attack and Speed, and more physical moves like Earthquake and Sacred Sword

I can't think of anything for the others.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Ampharos looks more like Super Saiyan than anything else. What will be the next thing if it's not all of the scoop ? Being able to have Trainers fusing with pokemons ? Or why not have like 6 of your pokemons in your party becoming 1 pokemon with parts of all the other pokemons.

Fusion of Pokémon is something I've always secretly desired. We got it with Black/White Kyurem.

Now, on 4chan it has been speculated that the idea of Mega forms came from Colress' research, and that the Mega form is the true power of the Pokémon Colress was speaking of.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    if i see one more digimon reference i s2g!!!!

Anyway, I can't see Absol and Lucario becoming huge threats; I mean bigger than they are but not huge like people are making them out to be, of course they'll increase their offensive power but their defenses could be lowered. Those 2, along with a lot of other mega Pokemon could just become glass cannons? Ampharos will become a real threat imo; it now has Dragon, increasing its movepool. I think that its speed and special attack will increase a lot, along with it's special defense. Ampharos will probably become a lot more used. <3

I'm looking forward to next months! I think in all of this excitement everyone has forgotten about new Pokemon, I haven't seen much about wanting them anymore lmao.

I hope we still get some normal evolutions for older Pokemon, though.

EDIT

Not all mega Pokemon have to be all offensive based. If all starters get the upgrade then Blastoise, Meganium and Swampert won't become offensive powerhouses, they'll more than likely have their defenses and HP upgraded.

Cerberus87 said:
    Now, on 4chan it has been speculated that the idea of Mega forms came from Colress' research, and that the Mega form is the true power of the Pokémon Colress was speaking of.

That is actually a really good theory, lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

If they can make this make sense with the story, I'll be a little less opposed to it.

It just sucks that obviously not every Pokemon will get one of these forms, so it's not really fair. I'm guessing that Mega forms will not be allowed to be used in WiFi battles.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years

This would actually make a lot of sense, but if he is indeed related to Mega Evolution, then how come this random 4th gym leader knows the secret behind them?

If Colress does appear, would the 2 be related? Would they be partners?

Perriechu

Years

Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

This would actually make a lot of sense, but if he is indeed related to Mega Evolution, then how come this random 4th gym leader knows the secret behind them?

I doubt they are related but if she is, she would most likely be his niece or even his sister? She could be a scientist too but she prefers not to look like one. If they aren't related she could just know their secrets because idk she does?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years

It's speculated that Kalos storyline is a few years after Unova, so maybe in Kalos time it's already widely known.

Besides, I think you're misunderstanding. They were speaking not of in-game canon but rather adding a character that would speak of some idea that they planned to introduce in the next game. The theory is that Colress was GF's way to hint at what we have now, but this does not mean Colress has anything to do with the Mega forms from an in-game canon perspective.

I would be thrilled if he did have something to do with the new evolutions, though, because IMO he's a good character and would deserve a cameo in the new games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They would just be going overboard applying the Mega Evolution to each individual Starter evolution, I'm sure it only applies to a selected few and I still think that Swampert & Sceptile will gain this trait and then that's it for the starters.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    It's speculated that Kalos storyline is a few years after Unova, so maybe in Kalos time it's already widely known.

Besides, I think you're misunderstanding. They were speaking not of in-game canon but rather adding a character that would speak of some idea that they planned to introduce in the next game. The theory is that Colress was GF's way to hint at what we have now, but this does not mean Colress has anything to do with the Mega forms from an in-game canon perspective.

I would be thrilled if he did have something to do with the new evolutions, though, because IMO he's a good character and would deserve a cameo in the new games.

Nope I didn't misunderstand.
    That's why I said IF, quite a few times actually, IF he's related, IF he's in it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I feel as megalucario will be banned from ou cause of adaptability. And we finally have a decent dragon killer jn megamawile

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Say what you want but these mega evolutions are really disappointing. They don't ruin X/Y completely to the point where I won't play it but they're just so ridiculous and unnecessary. Also to be completely honest they look exactly the same except with flowing... hair things protruding from their head. The names could of also done with work. Mega Lucario. Really? I'm not the one who goes "omg gen one is the bestttt everything else sucksss" but its just really.. not what I would of expected. They could of at least had better designs and more creative names. Also personally I feel like some of them are just there to fill up game data. I'll give them a chance but so far I'm not seeing the appeal to them. :I

(although I have to say mega absol doesn't look half bad)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Small Update:

It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.

It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
    It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed.

We also can confirm that Meekuru has the ability Sap Sipper. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.

Next month's CoroCoro to feature new Pokémon, new Mega Evolutions and type chart featuring the Fairy-type

Source: Serebii.

So some more Mega Evolutions? I don't think there will be too many but I'm interested to see which Pokémon have it.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I heard a weird rumor that this Blazikenite is actually a sort of booster for Torchic and Combusken to acquire Blaziken's stats in battle, which makes sense, but take it with a grain of salt...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I heard a weird rumor that this Blazikenite is actually a sort of booster for Torchic and Combusken to acquire Blaziken's stats in battle, which makes sense, but take it with a grain of salt...

Actually, Blazikenite seems to be the name of Blaziken's respective Mega Stone, possibly.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Designs for the new forms looks nice. Some are amazing while others (Ampharos) looks really weird, I mean, just add hair and horns onto the Pokemon and call it 'Ultimate'? The Blaziken one looks nice, Absol's one looks very nice.

blue

gucci
    Years
    My favorite is most definitely Mawile, closely followed by Absol. The others look pretty fierce too but these two stand our for me.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    This... Is not cool.

I'm sorry but this is the first thing from Gen 6 that I'm honestly just disgusted by. Maybe I'm overreacting but I find this so appalling and just filthy and wrong.

I am literally feeling sick to my stomach about this. Just looking at these "mega" forms is so utterly disturbing to me. I wish this was fake but I have a strong inkling that this is actually real, because I've never seen Serebii post something fake (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is basically what I was about to say. It's ridiculous what Game Freak is doing! I was okay with the new Pokemon (except Dedenne, which looks like some little kid's drawing of a Raichu) but why must they ruin the original!? These "mega forms" are just plain stupid to me.

Perriechu

Years
    Blaziken and Lucario are designed the worst imo; they just look so badly made. Absol's design is surprisingly good, its wings make its design x1000 times better imo.

Ampharos is the cutest thing I've seen uwu. Mawile looks cute, although I can't help feel that it would look better as a normal evolution.

Back