• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    So many good jokes going around the internet.

MegaBlaziken
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Here are some interesting screenshots from the official website.

Lol this proves that you can ride more pokemon and outside of Cities and towns. Also note its jumping which means you can get to higher ground riding on pokemon as well as jump over ledges it reminds me of Zelda's Epona Pokemon X & Y = Best 3DS/DS game ever
    Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

Look at the new Super Training Facility which looks like Pokemon Stadium.

You can increase pokemon base stats by training them in this case Geodude is playing soccer.

Here is more:

Here is a detail analysis of Super Training from the official website:

The Effort-o-MeterUnderstand your Pokémon's stats at a glance with the Effort-o-Meter! Check a Pokémon's Effort-o-Meter graph on the Super Training main screen to get a quick and easy look at how your Pokémon has grown.

Each Pokémon has some stats that will grow more easily than others and some stats that will take more work to raise. The inside (green) part of the Effort-o-Meter graph shows the stat levels relevant to each Pokémon species. The outside (yellow) part of the graph shows the base stat increases that your Pokémon has achieved through Super Training. There is a limit to how much any single Pokémon can increase its base stats through training. The meter on the right side of the screen illustrates that limit.

Lmao off talk about Child Abuse the Hero riding that baby Skiddo bty is very cute:

The graphics are improving with every new update!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I see that people are still complaining about the Mega names. Do the names really matter since they are only in battle?

Also, I would say that the new gym leader is fighting type. So I am sure we will see a few new fighting types soon. At least I hope, I actually really like fighting types.

blue

gucci
    Years

These games are just getting better and better, there's so many screenshots that have made me think Wow, how much of a step up these games are from Black & White. Really excited for October now.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
    I'm loving the whole mega pokemon thing. but the one thing that i don't like is that you can get that torchic at the very first day. They basically give you a fire starter at the beginning of the game. And if most people are going to use that torchic in the game. that would mean that very few people are going to choose fennekin.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    I dont get all the hate towards Mega pokemon in general. Its only for the battle mechanic and makes plain unused pokemon more interesting. Mawhile was requested for evolution but rather than creating all new evos they decide to give it a stronger form. People aren't going to accept change but I guarantee once they buy the game and try out the features being introduced in the game the will become accepted and loved by some. In anycase the starters evolutions are likely to be the last info to come out once the October CoroCoro leaks next month.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Wow these new screenshots & trailer have really changed my mind. I still don't know why Blaziken of all Pokes got a mega evolution, but I am quickly warming up to the idea as a whole. Everything looks so amazing.
    So hyped :) I just want to play already lmao.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
    Well, at least my somewhat vague prediction of the gym leader's typing is correct. That'd be cool if she used Lucario/Blaziken on her team, and they were holding the megalution item to transform. Now that would be an interesting gym battle to say the least.

I'm loving these screenshots that they are showing! It feels like they are giving life to these Pokemon games with the very vivid animations and unique interactions with the atmosphere.

Also, a bit off topic, but with these mega evolutions, a super training facility, and horde battles... I have a feeling these games will probably have a much wider level span compared to the past games. Probably higher difficulty too, or at least the post-game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    I know this is bold but Pokemon X and Y will make the Nintendo 3DS a lot more popular. The monthly updated news and trailer releases is making this the most advertised Pokemon Game since Red/Blue especially on the internet with Twitter and Youtube the game is getting better exposure as well as multiple languages other than Japanese and English is expanding pokemon to different cultures and the heights I would have never imagine. The rich looking 3D graphics are going to be insane and I personally feel more info will come later this month like when Honedge was revealed after the July 4th corocoro leaks. With this in mind this is going to be groundbreaking beautiful 3D pokemon overworld, PSS (the best gadget since the Pokegear) will improve the wifi aspect of the game, the new Fairy type will balance the game, Mega evolution will change the battle mechanics as well as horde encounters and sky battles, and other gimmicks such as Pokemon Amie/Super Training facility/Customization/Holocaster will make this Pokemon game the richest experience ever there is no need to worry about them ruining the game its nothing but up from here on out

Here is some new screenshots showing the 3D graphics improving from before:

Looking sharper love how they capture the texture of the rock!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Okay, so the Mega Evolutions have increased stats compared to the original versions, like MegaLucario's increased Attack and MegaAbsol's increased Attack and Speed.

Where did ya'll find Absol's info? Its not on the main Pokemon site. Only Blaziken and Lucario are.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wish they would show an in game map so we can see how the routes and stuff are. That is one thing I really do want to see before the game comes out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    A Lucarionite is needed to get the MegaLucario maybe every pokemon that Mega evolve have to get a held item to do so. Also the this looks like pokemon maybe able to hold more than one item as well.

Statement from the official website:

Mega Evolution is not possible for all Pokémon. Only certain Pokémon, under certain conditions, can achieve Mega Evolution. One of those conditions is a special item called a Mega Stone. These special stones exist for every Pokémon that can Mega Evolve, and each is named for the Pokémon to which it grants power.

To use a Mega Stone, give it to your Pokémon to hold. Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution will gain access to their potential only if they first carry a Mega Stone into battle. Other things are needed for Mega Evolution to succeed, and those secrets will be explained later!

Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region. Finding every one of them will be one of the challenges awaiting you in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y!

Years
    Hmm, called it, "Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokemon." - Pokebeach

Thank Gawd! I can dig them as being unique for this game and the storyline.

"Actually, I only said similar in that they are exclusive to one region. Which is possible. The technology to craft shadow pokemon existed exclusively in that version. The same could be said with mega evolution technology, rather than simply formes as introduced in past generations."

Well you had the dumbest speculation... OF ALL TIME...

Anyway, maybe these MEGAs could have something to with Pokemon research or whatever the motives of Team Flare are. Would be awesome if the first Pokemon that they successfully awaken is a MegaBlaziken and that's how we're properly introduced to them.

Haha, this comment speaks for itself.

Last edited:

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    my only complaint with this mega evo stuff is the names, so far im really liking the evos, wonder if paras will get an mega evo, id really like to c that

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hmm, called it, "Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokemon." - Pokebeach

Thank Gawd! I can dig them as being unique for this game and the storyline.

"Actually, I only said similar in that they are exclusive to one region. Which is possible. The technology to craft shadow pokemon existed exclusively in that version. The same could be said with mega evolution technology, rather than simply formes as introduced in past generations."

Haha, this comment speaks for itself.

Dream world was supposed to be Unova only. Its carrying over to this generation. The Megas will carry over to the next generation as well. If we get remakes, they'll carry over to them as well, otherwise you can't use the Mega forms when playing against anyone who has the remakes.

If it was made in the main series, it usually carries over to the next set.

Its being written as only in Kalos because the Megas didn't appear in any region before this.

Years
    Dream world was supposed to be Unova only. Its carrying over to this generation. The Megas will carry over to the next generation as well. If we get remakes, they'll carry over to them as well, otherwise you can't use the Mega forms when playing against anyone who has the remakes.

If it was made in the main series, it usually carries over to the next set.

Its being written as only in Kalos because the Megas didn't appear in any region before this.

GF never declared that Dream World was only found in the region of Unova as is the case with this statement on Mega Evolutions which is stated is only found in the Kalos Region, the two features are disparate. This appears to be an emphatic statement. Though it could certainly exist in other regions, the speculation seems fair especially given this statement. This being exclusive to the region certainly shouldn't be dismissed all together.

Competitive battling may have certain limitations that will place one form holding the item in a different tier, or outright ban the use of the item in competitions like the world championship and wifi battles. As many legendaries are.

Last edited:
    Years
    I was so suprised. I didn't expect the English info to come out today. I really like the whole Mega Evolution thing and remember that DNA symbol on the Japanese logo? Now it makes sense! :) If you see on the video at the end of the evolution there is a little colored DNA symbol. lol

One thing I didn't like about the Mega Pokemon is Mega Mewtwo's size. It is smaller than the original Mewtwo. I know the term Mega refers to the stats tho.

I love the new Pokemon. Dedenne is so cute haha :)

Back