• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    GF never declared that Dream World was only found in the region of Unova as is the case with this statement on Mega Evolutions which is stated is only found in the Kalos Region, the two features are disparate. This appears to be an emphatic statement. Though it could certainly exist in other regions, the speculation seems fair especially given this statement. This being exclusive to the region certainly shouldn't be dismissed all together.

Competitive battling may have certain limitations that will place one form holding the item in a different tier, or outright ban the use of the item in competitions like the world championship and wifi battles. As many legendaries are.

With exception to Mewtwo, only event legends are banned from Nintendo tournaments and the Mega Stones are found in game with exception to Blazikenite. By the same standards only Mega Blaziken would be banned allowing all the others to participate.

They have said exclusiveness on other things that have passed over before. If its part of the main game series it will pass over when the new generations come about. Ages ago they used to say Pokemon were exclusive to specific regions, now you can find most of them everywhere. They said that the Unova Pokemon were exclusive to their region and we'll have Unova Pokemon in the Kalos Region.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I don't think we have to worry about many Mega evolutions getting banned from competitive battling. Sure, maybe Blaziken and Mewtwo just because they are already Uber as it is. That's about it.

The problem with Mega-Poke in competitive battling is that you will have to waste your equip slot on the -ite item. No Choice Scarf/Band/Specs, Leftovers, Life Orb, Focus Sash, Chesto Berry, Ballon, etc. Many of these items are essential so not having the opportunity to equip them makes Mega-Poke much less overpowered then they would originally seem.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't think we have to worry about many Mega evolutions getting banned from competitive battling. Sure, maybe Blaziken and Mewtwo just because they are already Uber as it is. That's about it.

The problem with Mega-Poke in competitive battling is that you will have to waste your equip slot on the -ite item. No Choice Scarf/Band/Specs, Leftovers, Life Orb, Focus Sash, Chesto Berry, Ballon, etc. Many of these items are essential so not having the opportunity to equip them makes Mega-Poke much less overpowered then they would originally seem.

As it was stated, pokemon now may be able to hold more than one item as read on the offical site, however it is not clear.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    As it was stated, pokemon now may be able to hold more than one item as read on the offical site, however it is not clear.

Actually, what you see on the official site may just be convenience, they might show the possible equippable items for your pokémon besides the status screen when equipping so as to speed up the process.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Anyone else think that if Bunnelby gets an evolution it will become Normal/Ground type? The fact that it is the Digging Pokémon and it can burrow with it's ears makes me think that way idk..

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Anyone else think that if Bunnelby gets an evolution it will become Normal/Ground type? The fact that it is the Digging Pokémon and it can burrow with it's ears makes me think that way idk..

Most Likely, I can see that happening.
    Wonder if our new Pikaclone will be the first Pikaclone to evolve?

Years

I do! I think the brown color will be more prevalent that the gray. I 'd love to see an evolution with an Earth coat.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Proably, it looks like a first stage, even more so than the last four generations Pikaclones.

I just realized that Bunnelby may be our regional rodent...

If Bunnelby is the regional rodent then I'm pretty sure it will be my favourite out of them all, I'm already loving its design and I look forward to seeing its evolution too.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    I hope they give a good reason towards why these pokemon are the only ones that get mega forms like these pokemon were worshiped in that region or something

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If Bunnelby is the regional rodent then I'm pretty sure it will be my favourite out of them all, I'm already loving its design and I look forward to seeing its evolution too.
    For me it's in the bottom with Patrat...

I wonder if Lucario and Mewtwo's will also be events as those three are the ones featured in the official site and are rare, Lucario having been obtainable through egg in it's generation of origin, Mewtwo is a legendary. Just like how Blaziken is a starter and we get only one of it.

I'm hoping that the next batch will be another six, those being Mew, Zoroark, Togekiss, Sceptile, Steelix, and Gogoat...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I think Zoroak, Tyranitar, and Snorlax are all going to get Mega evolutions, too. I mean they were shown off with Pokemon-amie earlier (along with Lucario).

I think Pokemon-amie might also play a part in mega evolutions, since pokemon.com says there are other requirements in order for your Pokemon to mega evolve in battle, and they've told us Pokemon-amie will aid us in battle but they haven't said how.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    I'm kind of laissez-faire about this whole thing. I'm glad Nintendo of Pokemon challenged themselves or at least had the nickers to try something really different instead of just doing the same formula again. But they kept the Japanese names? Mega? Seriously? That has got to be the most overused word in the whole damn gaming industry! I wish they could've come up with some other name, but it's really a nitpick. What I want most is to see the rest of the new Pokemon this generation has to show!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    I still wanna see a Mega Luxray.

Also, wouldn't it be pretty cool if, when you beat Korrina, you can revisit her gym again afterwards and actually take part in races on the gym track?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    i hope to see mega chrarizard, mega tyranitar, mega sceptile and mega zoroark

and i won't be suprised to see mega pikachu...

MegaRaichu, I would think. I mean, I would assume only the final evolution in the chain would get a Mega Form.

I do certainly like the idea of Mega Pokemon. I have already stated that it's a bit Digimon-y, but I can live with it. Although, some forms (Pfft, Ampharos) could use just a little bit more to them. (Like, how is that Ampharos part Dragon-type? Lol)

I can't wait for X & Y. They look great. C:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    I hope they don't go overboard with the megas even though I do feel like there should be more megas I do t feel like alot of pokemon should get a megavolve also it should be very very hard to do meaning a whole lot of training and special items just to get megas

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    These are not the only 6 megalutions. It has been confirmed by Serebii, I think, that more will be revealed next month.

I for one think a MegaEmpleon would look extremely awesome. I also would like to be a MegaTyranitar.

Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.
    It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
    It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed.
    We also can confirm that Meekuru has the ability Sap Sipper. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.
    05:33: Next month's CoroCoro to feature new Pokémon, new Mega Evolutions and type chart featuring the Fairy-type

Back