• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Localization will probably call then awakened forms ( just like mew two new forme is called )

Years
    Now heres what I think. Only pokemon with the right ability will evolve like torchics apparent event ability. So using a Mega stone on a torchic from your third gen that was transfered might not reach the mega evolution. Just a theory but a good one. But I just hope megas are tradeable.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
    That implication came to me too. It seems like that may be the case or they'll have to recon the Mega evolutions to fit with the real evolutions if they were to ever give them any in future generations...

So with that in mind I'm hoping third stage Pokémon are the one's that mostly get them.

Now with Mega evolutions they could use this to give the Hoenn mascots Mega evolutions for the remakes and put them in the cover to attract attention...sort of like how Giratina forme made people buy Platinum Version and lesser so (due to being a sequel and not a third version/ remake of an old game) Kyurem formes made people buy Black 2 and White 2 versions.

Though there will likely be remakes, who's to say they'll occur in Gen VI?
    I think they still need to do Third-Game remakes first, Yellow and Crystal, before moving on to R/S/E

That is a good though. Maybe X and Y will have some, but not all Mega Evolutions, and the Sequel(s) will have Mega-Evolutions for bigger names. The first two will have mostly normal pokemon, and the Next will have Legendaries, to make people want to get it(them). [Leaning more towards it, Because Pokemon Zed (i think it should be Zed not just Z because zed is cooler)] And since Legendaires,for the most part, are much more limited in number, it'd fit well.

On that note, a sort of, alternate version of my Single-Pokemon theory. Maybe it will work for any pokemon of the species, BUT, like the DNA Splicers, it can only work for one, at a time, for each species that has it. And again, depending on if it's a hold-item induced evolution, which I'm assuming it is, it'll function like Battle Facility ruling, only one per team. [Of course not a lot of people have teams of multiple of the same pokemon.] Maybe you give the stone to one Lucario, and, like the DNA splicers saying they don't work on another kyurem, the Bag won't let you give it to another Lucario. Or if you can, it just won't trigger. X and Y already seem to have much more complex coding, so this isn't too far out of possibility.

As a repeat to things mentioned above, one, SUPER POKEMON, [let's just hope it doesnt take five rounds/episodes :P]
    I do like the name Awakened forme....sounds much cooler.
    And the Ability concept...now that makes a lot of sense. Each pokemon could be given a new hidden ability, [different from the ones they already have] and only with THAT ability, will they trigger mega stones. Then they wouldn't have to be event exclusive, but still be quite rare. They could slide them into the Dream World, or Dream Radar [if they make a new version/update the current one for X and Y] and maybe have in-game trades/gift pokemon with the right ability. [Maybe for achievements, like HG/SS getting the other Starters for completing the Pokedex]

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    Okay but, up until now, any Pokemon that has forms, stays in those forms, they aren't just battle forms. So what is the point of having it be battle exclusive? What is the point of turning my Ampharos into MegaAmpharos for its Dragon type? So I can beat the champion or a Dragon Trainer? It just seems redundant. And for the rest of them, it doesn't even get type changes, it's just a stat boost in battle and a different ability.

So, if these aren't seen as evolutions, then can I make my Pokemon "go Mega" every battle? If so, why not just make it so they can stay in their Mega form.

I know we don't have a lot of details on this to begin with but, I'm seeing to many holes in this for it to be real right now. Plus, the timing is just off. CoroCoro is usually in the middle of the month, not on the 8th.

Years
    Okay but, up until now, any Pokemon that has forms, stays in those forms, they aren't just battle forms. So what is the point of having it be battle exclusive? What is the point of turning my Ampharos into MegaAmpharos for its Dragon type? So I can beat the champion or a Dragon Trainer? It just seems redundant. And for the rest of them, it doesn't even get type changes, it's just a stat boost in battle and a different ability.

So, if these aren't seen as evolutions, then can I make my Pokemon "go Mega" every battle? If so, why not just make it so they can stay in their Mega form.

I know we don't have a lot of details on this to begin with but, I'm seeing to many holes in this for it to be real right now. Plus, the timing is just off. CoroCoro is usually in the middle of the month, not on the 8th.

Megas turning back into normal seems alittle stupid. Most likely a rumor.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    At the moment, Mega Pokémon is a stupid mechanic.
    I am not sure if I would need time for this to sink in like the Fairy type, but...unlike the revelation of the Fairy type, this new 'Mega Pokémon' has really struck me deep down into "wtf is this sh--!? this is not Pokémon! this has to be fake!!!"...

So...yeah... =/
    Me no likey Megaz...

edit...
    but if they do revert back to normal, then i'm fine with that.

DamienHelvian

Years
    Megas turning back into normal seems alittle stupid. Most likely a rumor.

I stated a point for this earlier. I don't think it would be simply a mid-battle thing on it's own. I was thinking more of a Critical state. When the HP drops to critical, it triggers the transformation so it can fight back. It seems stupid. but it makes sense.

They might have small moveset alterations too, like their main/signature move [like Lucario's Aura Sphere, if it has it] is temporarily replaced by something better.
    Or...the normal, non-mega forms can learn moves that would then get boosted by the type-change of mega forms. Like ampharos learning Dragon Pulse.

Years
    I was hoping they'd break the stupid clone tradition. Since they didn't I don't have much along the lines of them breaking the Fire/Fighting tradition now.

Its really freakin cute though. I wanna squish it. >.<

I actually like the clone tradition, as long as they are not clones :/

For instance, I the electric rodents seem like distinct species, erh, the plusle and minun are proabably cutting it close; I prefer my Emolga, which is distinct from Pikachu. This one, is perhaps, too similar! Though, I do think it is really cute. Erm, I am so-so on this guy.

The rabbit pokemon, of which I didn't really look at inially do to the utter shock and dismay of the Mega crap. I love those couple little spots on its leg. Its a great subtle touch. With those ears, it looks like it will dig using them, which is way too cute! Despite having a bidoofy vibe, it actually comes across as derpy-cute, rather than plain ol' derpy. I can't wait to see its evolution, like speculated by others a normal/ground type seems likely. I also agree that it could be our regional normal first route normal. Though, it's not quite a rodent, and I prefer the brown palette for this spot. Though, of course, Ratatta was purple. This is the only thing I am 100% happy with about this reveal. But nothing can remedy the Megabomb!

The last design, of the Gogoat pre evolution was very expected. I am totally fine with the simple design. I just am not going wild over it, but I am glad to see Gogoat, of whom, I just "like" will not be a standalone.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Mega evolutions just sound stupid yet I don't mind it and they should of done it a lil different like to get mega blaziken and amphros you had to evolve flaffy and combusken with the mega stone extending evolution to 4 stages is so ehh specially if it was something that isn't broken so why fix it it's like pokemon tried taking all of their popular pokes and wanted to jack em up got them looking like digimons and what's with that raichu look alike

Years
    Megastone looks: I'll drawn one later but heres what I think. A stone with all elements in the middle or a pink or black stone with the Pokemon X and Y dna symbol in it.

Kitkat315

Crazy Cat Lady
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I'm not particularly fond of the "Mega Evolutions", but Pokebeach mentioned that they could be localized to "Awakened Forms" and I like the sound of that a whole lot more. If I REALLY hate one of these, it looks like they'll be optional.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I stated a point for this earlier. I don't think it would be simply a mid-battle thing on it's own. I was thinking more of a Critical state. When the HP drops to critical, it triggers the transformation so it can fight back. It seems stupid. but it makes sense.

I like the idea, it's kind of like Darmanitan's special forme thing. Though, I would prefer it happening at the beginning of the battle. I think it'll make it a bit more distinct and permanent if it works from the get-go instead of midway through the battle.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
    Well if their HP drops to critical and they just turn into this OPed form mid-battle, then the reveal of the Fairy type was pointless because now there is an entirely new set of balance problems on our hands. Seriously, like I said earlier, Fairys were introduced to finally balance out competitive battle. This just remakes the problem.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    You probably have to fill some kind of bar in order to get them into the mega form or there is an option to turn it on if you have a mega stone.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

The early timing is due to the issue coming out early this month, the official date is the 12th I believe and at the earliest we get scans around four days (it's happened before) before so the timing's not that off.

DamienHelvian

Years
    Well if their HP drops to critical and they just turn into this OPed form mid-battle, then the reveal of the Fairy type was pointless because now there is an entirely new set of balance problems on our hands. Seriously, like I said earlier, Fairys were introduced to finally balance out competitive battle. This just remakes the problem.

It could easily work like various Stat-changing moves, like Curse. Yes, it gets more power, but it could come at a cost, like someone said before, one stat goes up, like Attack, but another goes down, like Defense, or, maybe even special attack [I know my lucario would suffer, as it uses more Special moves than Physical, so losing SA would be bad]

Or maybe something like certain stat-boosting items, like the life orb. You get power, but it drains your pokemon.

I don't like the idea of a charge bar, that would make pokemon too...normal of an RPG, since that's a common thing in them. Although a sort of timer like Perish song. It starts on one turn, and then 2 or 3 turns later it triggers, IF your pokemon is still alive. [although that would kind of suck in it's own way].
    Then maybe an out of battle condition...if triggered in one battle, it can't happen the next battle or something like that. {The automatic thing would make this suck too...]

Years
    I hope it's a one time thing. Like in the Digimon World games, I remember them having this Digivolve Disk item where the Digimon would evolve to some huge thing and make an attack then go back to normal, and it was all just one turn.

But so far, this is sort of a big turn off for me at the moment and seeing 4th evolutions is not pretty. Maybe I'll get use to it and end up loving the idea, but for now it's just ehhhhhh.

Back