• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    @Molts & Katja - Really (what about Red Gyarados?)? I've seen plenty of shinies, but luck is always against me. A few were in Silver, where, not only could I not save, there was no way to transfer them over. Another was my Mightyena, which I found as a level 13 Poochyena, and I saw a shiny Lickitung once, but it was in the Safari Zone, so you can guess what happened... :'(

I haven't seen any shinies yet in BW... hopefully I will soon ^.^

@Tachibana Azumi - Well, it is your decision, but perhaps you should evolve it? If you don't plan to really use it in competetive battles, the only good reason to evolve it would be to up its value a little... I guess.

Years
    lol, so I was like out training my shiny Arceus named Llama- he flies, by the way -and I was training it in the speed stat around the Pinwheel Forest.

And what do you know, I happen upon an adorable shiny Purrloin with Limber. Prettiest little thing, I was so proud to have found one- I threw a damn Great Ball out of sheer excitement. xD

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    @Molts & Katja - Really (what about Red Gyarados?)? I've seen plenty of shinies, but luck is always against me. A few were in Silver, where, not only could I not save, there was no way to transfer them over. Another was my Mightyena, which I found as a level 13 Poochyena, and I saw a shiny Lickitung once, but it was in the Safari Zone, so you can guess what happened... :'(

Hehe, he doesn't count that's a required story encounter. I've caught him and used him in all of my gold and HG play throughs. XD

Other than him, litwik was my first ever shiny honest to goodness. My friend years ago once found a shiny gastly on his silver, we didn't know what it was at the time. So we never paid any attention to it, little did I know back then how rare it was.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I still haven't found any shiny pokemon in Black, though it's not really something that make me lose sleep.

CLU

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Here
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    I have gotten one shiny in my Black version, a Stunfisk.
    Didn't really hope for one, but I love him a lot. <3

Right now I'm working on shiny Vanillite with Masuda Method (since March, ouch).
    Hope I get one soon! Hatched over 1,000 by now.

★CLU

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    CLU said:
    I have gotten one shiny in my Black version, a Stunfisk.
    Didn't really hope for one, but I love him a lot. <3

Right now I'm working on shiny Vanillite with Masuda Method (since March, ouch).
    Hope I get one soon! Hatched over 1,000 by now.

Masuda method? Since march? Ok, I know you want that shiny, but can someone tell me why they would spend that much time hatching (perhaps)thousands of eggs to get one shiny? Personally, I would go crazy.

As for shinys, I still have none in my White version. But then again, I haven't played in months...

Mew-Neko

I ♥ shinies~nya!
    Years
    I haven't encountered a shiny, (Yet!) but I have hatched two.
    Purrloin and Minccino. Purrloin took about 400+ eggs, while Minccino 658.
    I was hoping for a girl Minccino, but it was a boy. Even when the gender ratio is 25% male, 75% female. -_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Shiny hunting is a pain in the butt so far. Haven't even seen one in White version. Want to find a shiny Durant though.

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
    Years
    As of right now, I'm trying to Masuda Method myself a shiny Golett. I've hatched quite a few eggs but with no luck so far. Honestly, I don't really know why; I already have two via GTS. But I wouldn't mind hatching one of my own so I can give it a nickname.

I'd try to find a Random Encounter Golett in the Dragonspiral Tower, but I know better than to attempt it. I'll leave the Tower with more Goletts than I could ever handle. I can't say no to that cute little face. (Yeah, I'm pathetic, I know.)

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    When you encounter a shiny is it pretty obvious, or are they easily missed for the untrained eye? I don't *think* I've seen any yet, but I can't be sure...

On the older pokemon games, when you encounter a shiny loads of shiny tiny stars appear from it. which is a clear indication it's a shiny.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    I'm now hunting a shiny Taillow in Black, 305 eggs now. For now, in gen5, I have found the following shinies: TR Foonguss, TR Frillish, TR Audino. Although I'm hunting every day, my game just doesnt want to produce me a hunted shiny :'(

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I caught a shiny Audino on Route 12 today when I was leveling up my Anorith to get Armaldo for my Pokédex. The shiny Audino has a perfect IV in HP. It's my first shiny Pokémon in gen 5.

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    I caught a shiny Audino on Route 12 today when I was leveling up my Anorith to get Armaldo for my Pokédex. The shiny Audino has a perfect IV in HP. It's my first shiny Pokémon in gen 5.

i also ran in too a shiny audino a few days ago!
    Mine is not as good though, but it's okay since it is soo adoreable!! :3

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    Just acquired a Shiny Archen off of GTS!

A lucky find while browsing on there. Looks legit, as it was hatched from an egg. Can't be sure, though...

Jolly-natured as well.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Got 2 shinys of Quick trade the other day, but im still searching for a shiny beldum * looks up all twinkly eyed*

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Started a new White game, walked onto Route 2, and the first thing I see is a Shiny Patrat. Which is odd, because my shiny-luck in-game is horrendous by every definition. Point being, caught it...and now I have a shiny HM Slave XD

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I scored a shiny Gigalith off GTS woot its also has a gentle nature, Effing sweet
    Double effing sweet got the shiny metagross ive been searching for I is Happy :D

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    I scored a shiny Gigalith off GTS woot its also has a gentle nature, Effing sweet
    Double effing sweet got the shiny metagross ive been searching for I is Happy :D

Was looking for one (Gigalith) on GTS myself. No luck. :P

I did find another Shiny on GTS this morning, a Beartic! Bold Nature, though... :/

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Was looking for one (Gigalith) on GTS myself. No luck. :P

I did find another Shiny on GTS this morning, a Beartic! Bold Nature, though... :/

Had to trade I shiny to get it though,holding my total at 11

Back