• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Hmmm..I read online something like if you caught a shiny pokemon and you use it in an in-game trade, the pokemon traded to you will always be shiny... But I'm not too sure. Anyone know if you can get a shiny from an in-game trade without your pokemon that you trade over being shiny?

If I can just soft reset to get a shiny Churine than I don't have to rely on luck hunting for a shiny Monmen.
    I don't think you can get a shiny from an in-game trade. Everything is already pre-determined besides the shiny-ness which is dependent on whether or not your Pokemon is shiny. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I don't think you can get a shiny from an in-game trade. Everything is already pre-determined besides the shiny-ness which is dependent on whether or not your Pokemon is shiny. :(

Really? I was wondering about this because I remember I could get a different gender via an in-game trade everytime I soft reset.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    There's a few shiny versions that in my view look better than the originals:

Pendoraa - truly the best shiny this generation in my opinion
    Erufuun
    Kurimugan
    Kuitaran
    Urugamosu
    Terakion - he needed a bit of colour

Funnily enough I really like the normal colourations of all the above Pokemon anyway. In fact I plan to use all 6 in teams at some point. I think most of the other shinies are either:

Better but so similar it makes little difference (Daikenki, Abagoora, Denchura, Kobaruon)
    So similar it makes no difference either way (Jaroda, Yanakki, Baokki, Hiyakki)
    Different and a lot worse, so no thanks (Ononokusu, Warubiaru, Gigaiasu, Doryuuzu)

Also, Wargle's shiny is awesome - but the original design was so awesome it'd be impossible to mess it up :)

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    Ahhh, I have to say I'm quite content with this gens shinies. And there's plenty I'd love to own. Still disappointed with Reshirams and Zekroms though.

I've always wondered though... what decides the shiny's colouration?
    I've always assumed they had a set "pattern" for creating shinies, but I really don't know.
    Do they really decide each pokemon's alternate colouration individually? :/ Because it bugs me that some shinies are so hideous... @_@;;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Hmm.. I was thinking. Do you guys think they added in a new technique to find shinies eaier, like similar to those foreign breeding techniques, and the pokeradar? I hope there is a new meathod that you can use in the Dream World.

KaosDoom

Shiny Hunter KaosDarkrai
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    I'm SRing for shiny Zekrom. Been like a week so far and probably estimated of over 4800 Zekroms seen from SRing and running away method combined.
    I may go for shiny Victini next after beating the game.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I'm SRing for shiny Zekrom. Been like a week so far and probably estimated of over 4800 Zekroms seen from SRing and running away method combined.
    I may go for shiny Victini next after beating the game.

Victini's shiny looks sick. I really want a shiny, but I already caught my regular one. Level 46. :)

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
    Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster in heaven... I think I just caught myself the pink version of the battle pony Birijion! My first legendary shiny ever!

But why, oh why has this shiny to be pink?!

Attachments

• Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_28_10215.png
      14.2 KB · Views: 53
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_33_10623.png
      9.3 KB · Views: 33
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_44_10855.png
      13.2 KB · Views: 26
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_58_10901.png
      13.4 KB · Views: 26
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_42_11044.png
      8.5 KB · Views: 29

King Gumball

Years
    Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster in heaven... I think I just caught myself the pink version of the battle pony Birijion! My first legendary shiny ever!

But why, oh why has this shiny to be pink?!

Oh Congrats on that shiny! How lucky, a shiny legendary. Were you Soft Resteting for it, or was it completely random?

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
    Oh Congrats on that shiny! How lucky, a shiny legendary. Were you Soft Resteting for it, or was it completely random?
    T'was very random indeed. In fact, it was so sudden that I jumped out of my chair when I saw that hideous pink.

But what really freaked me out was when I trained said pink Birijion and this shiny Reparudasu jumps out of the tall grass.
    Just look at this beauiful fur she has... much better than the normal colour palette of this pokemon.

What a day... the last time I encountered two shinies at the same day was in Pokemon Saphire if memories serves right.

Attachments

5215 - Pokemon White '649'_06_840.png
      13.1 KB · Views: 39
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_24_899.png
      13.1 KB · Views: 18
      5215 - Pokemon White '649'_51_1183.png
      9.9 KB · Views: 36

King Gumball

Years
    T'was very random indeed. In fact, it was so sudden that I jumped out of my chair when I saw that hideous pink.

But what really freaked me out was when I trained said pink Birijion and this shiny Reparudasu jumps out of the tall grass.
    Just look at this beauiful fur she has... much better than the normal colour palette of this pokemon.

What a day... the last time I encountered two shinies at the same day was in Pokemon Saphire if memories serves right.

LOL the last time I ever found a shiny was like more than a year ago and I have only foound 3 in total. Hopefully my luck will be as good as your when I get the game. Congrats on the shiny sexy leopard too :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Can someone tell me how a shiny Victiny is cuter than the normal Victiny?

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

I don't get it. My sister insists I catch a shiny Victiny because the colour scheme is "better". I think the normal Victiny's colour scheme is more natural.

I think most shinies look unnatural bar a few exceptions.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    A lot of the new shinies look like their made from candy...! :D
    Very different array of colours in pastel-like tones... Love 'em!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Can someone tell me how a shiny Victiny is cuter than the normal Victiny?

I don't get it. My sister insists I catch a shiny Victiny because the colour scheme is "better". I think the normal Victiny's colour scheme is more natural.

I think most shinies look unnatural bar a few exceptions.
    wow I agree I like better normal Victini...the shiny one looks weird...

Back