• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    According to bulbapedia they are both based on the Baku, a mythical dream eating tapir. But I agree they are different Pokemon

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    According to bulbapedia they are both based on the Baku, a mythical dream eating tapir. But I agree they are different Pokemon

LOL I thought Drowzee was an Anteater.

I dont think their shiny look that alike. Munna is too pink for Drowzee's mouldy pink colour. I love Munna shiny a million times more.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Munna's and Drowsee's shiny form don't have much of a similarity, but Munna's evolution does have a bit in common with Drowsee. Perhaps not in shiny form but compared to Drowsee's shiny form and Musharna's non-shiny form, they look very much alike.

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Not the best of pink, but the flow of curved lines on their stomachs and the way they have two colors for their body from the curved lines match. Drowsee has a more duller look to Musharna however.

I like Munna's shiny form though. The pleasant use of green, pink, and light yellowish-green mix together well to represent the floral and attractive look. :3

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Denchura... Not too much different, but I love the Shiny one!

Enbuoh... I think it's the most horrible colour combination!

But, man, two Shinies I love are Sazandora and Waruvial. The first is green and black, the second brown and gold. I love them man!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Really? The first time I saw it, I was like "omg wow these colours are pretty awesome", I dunno, I like how it's opposite to real flames, as in how flames can be blue and yellow (I forgot what exactly blue flame does but it's representative of something!)

I just think the colouring of that Pokemon are one of the best of Isshu.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Really? The first time I saw it, I was like "omg wow these colours are pretty awesome", I dunno, I like how it's opposite to real flames, as in how flames can be blue and yellow (I forgot what exactly blue flame does but it's representative of something!)

I just think the colouring of that Pokemon are one of the best of Isshu.

I know! Enbuoo's normal coloration is awesome enough, but its shiny variant evokes freaking blue fire! :cer_love: If the ability Blaze was ever depicted in sprite form, it would be red Enbuoo gradually glowing and intensifying its power, until its fire begins to burn as hot as blue fire (shiny Enbuoo), resulting in a substantial power increase. Then it would commence to kick butt with pretty blue flames. :D

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    Just finished getting up to 150 eggs, no shiny. :(

I plan to get up to 200 or above today. ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What shinies do you have?

I am at 240 eggs.
    Just finished getting up to 150 eggs, no shiny. :(

I plan to get up to 200 or above today. ^_^

^ Just a note for the future, try to not always post your egg count, unless it's at a large number like 1000, or every 500, instead, just discuss shinies in said post and put your egg count on the bottom and that's fine. :) (Otherwise people could get the impression of just posting to increase your post count, or something along those lines).

I know! Enbuoo's normal coloration is awesome enough, but its shiny variant evokes freaking blue fire! :cer_love: If the ability Blaze was ever depicted in sprite form, it would be red Enbuoo gradually glowing and intensifying its power, until its fire begins to burn as hot as blue fire (shiny Enbuoo), resulting in a substantial power increase. Then it would commence to kick butt with pretty blue flames. :D

That'll probably occur in the third game, so we could have a blue one with animation like that. :D Actually I think when I get the games I want to SR for a shiny Pokabu due to the awesome colouring.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    I caught a shiny darumakka, i didnt know it was shiny until i checked its summary...:)
    Dont really know which one looks cool in B/W, but I will keep hunting them

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I caught a shiny darumakka, i didnt know it was shiny until i checked its summary...:)
    Dont really know which one looks cool in B/W, but I will keep hunting them

Are you serious? But the shiny is pink lol, that is the down side to a new gen then, it is hard to distinguish between the normal sprites and the shiny.
    The back shiny sprite is adorable <3 I would never evolve it, ever. You are lucky that you caught it then :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

That'll probably occur in the third game, so we could have a blue one with animation like that. :D Actually I think when I get the games I want to SR for a shiny Pokabu due to the awesome colouring.

An animation like the one I described possibly being in the third version of BW would be pretty nice to see! :cer_nod: I intend just to get the normal-colored Enbuoo as my starter, though. It looks menacing and utilizes the common red-orange color of fire (and plus SR-ing for a shiny one would take quite a long time, probably). Furthermore, Enbuoo's shiny color looks like one that shouldn't be seen often; instead, it seems like a coloration that should be reserved for a special event (such as during the activation of the Blaze ability).

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years

Are you serious? But the shiny is pink lol, that is the down side to a new gen then, it is hard to distinguish between the normal sprites and the shiny. The back shiny sprite is adorable <3 I would never evolve it, ever. You are lucky that you caught it then :)
    I think you can easily mistake a Shiny one for a normal one if you've never seen it before. I've done that before in past games.

I have 360 hatched Tsutarjas, and 60 eggs in my boxes to hatch. Maybe I will get lucky :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Shiny Ononokusu reminds me of shiny Charizard and Rayquaza.

While Doryuuzu is one of my favorite B/W Pokemon, its shiny form is horrible, IMO:

I haven't seen Doryuuzu's shiny until now, but I have to agree. The dark pink/red and blue don't flow together and much less, fit it's design all that well. It's pretty bland but I guess what they wanted to do for it was switch the reddish-pink zigzags on it's body to blue, whilst having the fill with the original (reddish/pink) zigzag color. I do however, prefer the non-shiny form as well. ;(

Years
    I think you can easily mistake a Shiny one for a normal one if you've never seen it before. I've done that before in past games.

I have 360 hatched Tsutarjas, and 60 eggs in my boxes to hatch. Maybe I will get lucky :3

O_o Now THAT'S determination.
    I've never been lucky with shinies (the only shiny I own atm is a shiny Bidoof T_T). But I really hope I can find at least ONE shiny whenever I get Pokemon Black. :3

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    Y'all are crazy! I love Doryuuzu's shiny. :( It's so flashy! <3

O_o Now THAT'S determination.
    I've never been lucky with shinies (the only shiny I own atm is a shiny Bidoof T_T). But I really hope I can find at least ONE shiny whenever I get Pokemon Black. :3

It is? o: I feel so proud now! :3

I am now at 450 eggs, I will have to release all the Tsutarja at 570. :(

Back