• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Years
    I guess but the colours on Crimgan are a good choice.
    onto another Pokémon, I dislike the shiny colours of these two a lot.
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
    i dont mind them, wouldnt choose that as there shiny colour butfor me that is just a moderate decision although they could have been coloured way better

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    @Logiedan WHOA, those eyes look ridiculous with that kind of colour! And the beige/tan parts look dreadful... ;n;

You know that you get an egg that hatches into a Meraruba? I got it, and when it hatched:

I didn't even know it was a shiny until I saw that star in the details page for it. I was still confused until I sent it out in a battle, and VOILA THE SHINY EFFECT.

Though I think I was even more surprised when I ran into a shiny Fearow when I accidentally ran into a grass patch near the water leading to the Power Plant. I think it's because it hatched out of an egg, and I didn't really know what the heck that was.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    @Logiedan WHOA, those eyes look ridiculous with that kind of colour! And the beige/tan parts look dreadful... ;n;

You know that you get an egg that hatches into a Meraruba? I got it, and when it hatched:

I didn't even know it was a shiny until I saw that star in the details page for it. I was still confused until I sent it out in a battle, and VOILA THE SHINY EFFECT.

Though I think I was even more surprised when I ran into a shiny Fearow when I accidentally ran into a grass patch near the water leading to the Power Plant. I think it's because it hatched out of an egg, and I didn't really know what the heck that was.

Oh congrats on those TWO shinies!!

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    You hatched a shiny Kibago and didn't know? Woooow. That's so lucky. XD

When the games come out here I want a shiny Kibago.

Yeah, I was just blazing through egg hatching, didn't really catch the color difference. xD

I'm trying for Shiny Zorua as of the moment.

Congrats on the Shiny Meruba! It looks pretty cool, especially the yellow spikes. Makes it look more sun-related.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I agree; Waruvile and Waruvial look horrible as shinies; their colors are too harsh on the eyes.

Personally, I don't like this one. The original is gold, and gold is more valuable than silver.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Oh yikes. It looks like a bad spriter recolored their sprites. ;~; The yellow doesn't fit that Pokemon at all.
    This shiny Pokemon makes it look more of an ice-type than rock. It looks like crystals. XD

Also Reshiram and Zekrom don't have much of a difference. D= Probably so they don't affect the Yin/Yang thing.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Also Reshiram and Zekrom don't have much of a difference. D= Probably so they don't affect the Yin/Yang thing.

But their shiny variants are...so strange! Well, Zekrom's is. The gold actually complements Reshiram, and is reminiscent of an angelic halo, IMO. Zekrom just look like it got a green tint... As I said before in another thread, what would have been better in order to both preserve and enhance the yin-yang theme would be to have a black Reshiram with red eyes and a white Zekrom with blue eyes. I'd edit the sprites myself, but I don't have Paint.NET at my disposal right now... I mean, they are opposite in nearly every other aspect (even going so far as to represent the version with the color opposite their primary body color); I'd figure their shinies would reflect the same...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree with most of your thoughts about the shinies - except Reshiram/Zekrom. After looking at them, Zekrom actually looks more robotic, while as said, Reshiram looks more angelic. I think for Zekrom, it is representing the underground, or something like that, because whenever I look at the shiny form, it looks like metal and robotic, idk. I just think that well, for Zekrom... it's the best they could have done. XD;

Oh and Meguroko's evolutions colours are terrible compared to their normal forms, which look much more like Crocodiles than... whatever they look like now. They looose the effect of being scary.

Also, congrats on Meraruba,Tachibana Azumi :)

(Wow everyone seems to be getting shinies easily)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

And for those ones, the brighter yellow does seem out of place... I just imagine it as those being the normal colors. Except someone pissed off the Pokemon so much, their skin brightens to a boiling red, signifying their rage. :D Then we get this coloration (I guess the whole "anger" thing only applies to Waruvial, since that's the only species in Meguroko's line with reddish coloration for skin):

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Uh guys? Do they recolour by switching hues or by manual recoloration?
    -o.o'

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Shifting hues would be kinda lazy of them, too. :x

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm in love with Mamanbou's shiny. :3

Years
    Ironically his username is 'PlatinumDude.'
    Mamanbou's shiny colours aren't that impressive, but it could be because of the green eyelash/brow thing. ;/

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Shifting hues would be kinda lazy of them, too. :x

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm in love with Mamanbou's shiny. :3

Yeah Manembou's shiny is really cool, I agree, but I thought a gold would have been better (like Luvdisc). I love golden hearts :]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Yeah Manembou's shiny is really cool, I agree, but I thought a gold would have been better (like Luvdisc). I love golden hearts :]
    Golden hearts are 'shiny' and pretty, but then again more people will realize how similar Mamanbou is to Luvdisc more than it already is, so that would have caused a better reason for it to be Luvdisc's evolution and another reason to bring up into complaining. The light lavender is really nice though, I can see myself trying to obtain the shiny sometime. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Yeah I have a shinny Tabunne....my first shiny ever in PKM games,except gyarados and few pkms from trades....

Back