• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love how graceful the shiny form appears. Both the non-shiny and shiny form are opposites of each other but still have a cool fill from the regular to shiny form. Yes not much of a difference besides the main color switches and outlines, but it still has a serene legendary appearance. I wouldn't mind obtaining it in its regular form, but I believe if I caught the shiny Virizion it would be more interesting to obtain as it's really all luck and chance to catch one out of the blue. o3o

Last edited:
    Years
    That's not exactly true. Shinies are still hard to come by. Your friend just got lucky.

And is it just me, or is there something...off about Gamageroge's shiny form?:
    Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

I don't think it rocks the green/orange shiny combo like Swellow does. :/ I prefer the normal blue coloration over it's shiny form.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I would find it hard to believe if someone doesn't like the Shiny version of Kuitaran. I mean, the black works well against the red -makes it look evil...

(Sorry, but I couldn't provide a picture of the Shiny of Kuitaran. Maybe someone else can?)

:D

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Here are all shinies i obtained at GTS negotiation- the great new addition to the game. I
    traded most of them,but i still have them in PokeDex recorded. ^^
    Spoiler:

I really wish to get my own shiny sometime. >_< Now i'm trying to hatch a shiny Shibishirasu.
    @Jerpy- Shiny Kuitaran image:

I don't really like this Pokemon,so i'm not overall interested in this shiny.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Here are all shinies i obtained at GTS negotiation- the great new addition to the game. I
    traded most of them,but i still have them in PokeDex recorded. ^^
    Spoiler:

The shiny candle Pokemon looks amazing! Since it is a Ghost type Pokemon, the blue flame adds to the ghastly aura about it!! Indeed, pretty spooky!
    The Mushroom's evolution... I don't really like its colour.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    These are the only shinies I want in Generation V

I'm currently using the Masuda method to breed a shiny Kibago. Just started last night. I'm around 50 hatched eggs so far.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    These are the only shinies I want in Generation V

I'm currently using the Masuda method to breed a shiny Kibago. Just started last night. I'm around 50 hatched eggs so far.
    That Man-O-War jellyfish is the female shiny right? She looks amazing *wants*.

As for Jarouda, I was actually disappointed how the shiny isn't really blue... I wanted it to keep Tsutarja's blue, or maybe get a purple, seeing as it is a 'royal pokemon'

KaosDoom

Shiny Hunter KaosDarkrai
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2011
    Last month, I've randomly hatched a shiny Monozu after 38 eggs even though it's Masuda method, but I was only looking for Timid nature Monozus. I bred english male Seviper with Dark pulse and female Monozu I found in Victory Road. I was very shocked that I actually hatched a shiny one.. making my fastest MM shiny ever hatched, though I wasn't looking for a shiny. lol
    I'm currently SRing for shiny Kyurem and been 6 days. I gave up on Zekrom since I kept on hearing rumors of that Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini can't be shiny in the game.. so I don't know and haven't seen a legit video of them on youtube.

Edit: urrghh... can't post pic nor video.. yet.. I'll be back with them soon after I get 15 posts.. x-x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    All these discussions going on about obtaining shinies makes me excited to start trying my luck for next year. I think one of the main shinies I would like to obtain during some point in the game would be Yanappu. The mild lime green color Yanappu has in its shiny form is one of my favorite types of green and to me, this is the best shiny out of all three monkeys included. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think Shandera's shiny form is pretty cool:

I gonna try and catch a shiny Hitomoshi.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    i really want to say this but on my first playthrough on pkmn white i caught a shiny Kurumayu, i never thought i'd get another shiny since emerald =D

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    I look forward to a Shiny Shandera <333

I dont know if some of you know this but:
    Zekrom/Reshiram in N's castle cannot be shiny.
    To get Zekrom/Reshiram shiny just fill up your Boxes and Party.
    Kill Zekrom/Reshiram.
    After defeating N and Geechisu and watching credits go to the Dragon Spiral Tower.
    Zekrom/Reshiram are there (somewhere). These have a chance to be shiny.
    And the SR'ing begins.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Wow, some of the fifth gen shinies are really amazing ^^
    Love hitomoshi and the ant eater!

I normally have horrid luck with shinies (the first one being a seviper... In the battle pike) and I've only managed to sucessfully chain one, a snubbull (which looks epic, can't post pics though).

I was starting my white version and when I was training up my Snivy I bumped into a (dun duun duuun!) minezumi with blue eyes! Being the not-very-quick person I am, I didn't even realise it was a shiny until it started to sparkle. It was my first shiny that I've ever encountered due to pure luck! (And it actually is a pretty good pokemon on my team... Return with STAB=Love)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Forgive my being new to this, I'm not sure how to add a picture to my post showing a pokemon, but I do actually favor how deadly a shiny Pendoraa looks... haha

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Exactly (save for I can't post urls yet... CURSE YOU 15 POST RULE!!!) :) And thanks for the reference! Now I won't feel so silly anymore haha

In that regard, got to love black Charzard and black Ononokusu :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    a shiny Dragonair (I wish I could just post it) is a personal favorite of mine... Shame the same charm and flare doesn't quote carry over when it evolves haha

Back