• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

-Castiel-

Reign Of Fire
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    well some previous generation games had ways of finding shinies like chaining.
    Is this game just pure chance finding one? ive not found one thus far.

is there a particular method for finding them besides running around the grass like a mad man ?

(sorry if theres a thread for shiny hunting) couldnt see one

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Just caught a Durant with Impish nature. this is my lucky day, really because it is a pure luck without involving any special method.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I caught a Shiny Seviper today, with a Sassy Nature (+Sp.Def,-Speed) I think I might EV it into a wall/phazer. Can't let that beauty go to waste.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I caught a Shiny Seviper today, with a Sassy Nature (+Sp.Def,-Speed) I think I might EV it into a wall/phazer. Can't let that beauty go to waste.

Obvious hacker is obvious. I thought you said Servine X_X

Right now I am playing through Black, hoping for a shiny. When I finish I will start dual SRing for Landorus. I already have 1000 down.

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Obvious hacker is obvious.

Right now I am playing through Black, hoping for a shiny. When I finish I will start dual SRing for Landorus. I already have 1000 down.

Why would he be a hacker? If he is a hacker he would've gotten it a Modest nature or something.

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • I found a cute shiny Minccino a few days ago. It was pink :)

Two days later, I found a shiny Golduck. :D It's beak was pinkish too. :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    The only shiny that I didn't transfer from gen IV was a shiny Aipom which I recieved in a trade when I used the GTS negotiations for the first time.

The other two (Budew and Pidgeot) were transferred from Diamond.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
  • I'm hunting for my favourite Pokémon in its shiny form, Scraggy. I love its original form but who doesn't want a shiny of their favourite Pokémon :)

Unova shiny Pokémon I have;
    Audino, Landorus.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I still haven't found a shiny after training my team against wild Pokemon for long periods of time. I hope I find one soon!

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • Unova shiny Pokémon I have;
    Audino, Landorus.

You got a shiny legendary, and all I find are Shiny Tailow?

Official Shiny Discussion [ Black and White only ]

Other than that, I'd kill for a Shiny Haxorus. Thing looks like a freaking XBOX 360 Elite, the most pimpin-est looking gaming console other than the PS3 or N64.

Noob out.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I've found that Blitzle, and failed to catch it, but that's about it. I'm going to Masuda my Emboar I got from GTS though. =D

ShinySephiroth

Event Collector
    Years
  • If you have a full team and full boxes in the PC, you can skip straight to the final battle with N without capturing Reshiram/Zekrom (who can't be shiny in N's Castle). In that case, you can get them in the Dragon Spiral Tower after getting the National Dex, and it's possible for them to be shiny that way.

Yeah, that was proven false by Kaphotics, a RNG programmer from Smogon/Project Pokemon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Not really having the thought of finding a shiny anytime soon throughout the game, I was EV training my Larvesta with Litwick for Special Attack EVs, and I ended up running into this little guy.

Now I can finally raise a shiny Chandelure which I had been planning to for some time now. :D

Niiiiice! I would love myself a shiny Chandelure. What nature does it have? :o Just curious. :P

Years
  • The other day I caught a shiny piloswine. Its gold instead of brown, but the thing is I don't really think I'll ever use it lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    only have a shiny rufflet with a nature that doesnt raise/lower anything... so... yeah.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    While in the car I came across a shiny Deerling :)

I'm gonna trade it for a modest Reshiram! It's pretty much my first Unova Shiny.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I was training in the grass to the West of Black City last night and ran into a Shiny Pupitar. Was rather pleased about that, even moreso when I found out upon her capture that she was Adamant.

EDIT: HEre she is. Just started training her.

Last edited:
    Back